997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PROTO GT3076: installation with pictures

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 10:53 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
PROTO GT3076: installation with pictures, all TT owner are invited

As part of the installation process on the PROTO GT3076 KiT, I thought about sharing some pix and all step with the members so I can get some feedback. The car belongs to close friend of mine Yousif ( yalmutawa ) and hope you guys enjoy all the pix.

ALL COMMENTS ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATE IT

the car originally equipped with RUF kit ( full exhaust - intercoolers - ECU - clutch ) in additional to RUF wing and wheels

The kit:

On the left

Pulling out the engine:

Engine is completely out:

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 05-17-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:56 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute

OEM VS proto

New turbo's was installed but the new headers have shifted the location of the turbo's a little bit

OEM VS PROTO

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 05-17-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:57 PM
80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !80shilling Is a GOD !
Looks like a fun project... I would be such a pain in the *** if that was my car .. I would never leave the shop and take WAAAAAAAAY too many pictures...

Old 05-17-2010, 11:50 PM
Siglo Man is infamous around these partsSiglo Man is infamous around these parts
Very nice!

Old 05-18-2010, 12:02 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Wow. That's a lot of plumbing. What about y-pipe, plenum, and throttle body? What's your clutch set-up? Good luck with the build and thanks for sharing.

Old 05-18-2010, 12:36 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
The car looks beautiful finished. Modds, Wheels, color, spoiler....it all looks good.

Congrats. I bet she's damn fast now. Any pics from behind?

Old 05-18-2010, 12:49 AM
we had some issue with the turbo support and the fuel injectors but Todd has been on it with any problem we face

as far as the turbo's we have to use some sort of spacers

same as with the injectors mount

OEM VS proto

Last edited by cayenne_ksa; 05-18-2010 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-18-2010, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by TTdude
Wow. That's a lot of plumbing. What about y-pipe, plenum, and throttle body? What's your clutch set-up? Good luck with the build and thanks for sharing.
plenum and throttle body will stay same as of now unless Yousef wants to change them. The clutch set-up will stay same as the one that came from RUF but I don't know who makes it.

Originally Posted by speed21
The car looks beautiful finished. Modds, Wheels, color, spoiler....it all looks good.

Congrats. I bet she's damn fast now. Any pics from behind?
car or engine ? I'll take more pix of the car once it's ready

Old 05-18-2010, 12:57 AM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome ! I'd love to follow up

Old 05-18-2010, 02:05 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
3bdulla ...... thnx for the upload ..

Old 05-18-2010, 03:21 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cayenne_ksa
plenum and throttle body will stay same as of now unless Yousef wants to change them. The clutch set-up will stay same as the one that came from RUF but I don't know who makes it.

car or engine ? I'll take more pix of the car once it's ready
Car mainly. I was just curious how it looks from behind with the pipes and different spoiler. Did you buy that spoiler separate? Engine pics too if you have them but no worries if its too much trouble.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:23 AM
Former Vendor
MishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond reputeMishaDesigns has a reputation beyond repute
Nice. Let us know how you like the power.

Old 05-18-2010, 03:25 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
Hmmmm... Yousef...
Please remind me never to race you, ok...

Old 05-18-2010, 04:57 AM
yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !yalmutawa Is a GOD !
Car mainly. I was just curious how it looks from behind with the pipes and different spoiler. Did you buy that spoiler separate? Engine pics too if you have them but no worries if its too much trouble.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
the spoiler was bought from ruf with the package its carbon caviler
you can buy it separately

Old 05-18-2010, 04:59 AM
Hmmmm... Yousef...
Please remind me never to race you, ok...
karim i'll write some thing for u on my rear window
KARIM DONT FORGET !!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PROTO GT3076: installation with pictures