997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Anyone else addicted to Race Fuel?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Siglo Man will become famous soon enoughSiglo Man will become famous soon enough
Anyone else addicted to Race Fuel?

Ok so I took the advice of a few members and started filling up with race fuel, I am lucky to have a station with it just a few miles from my house, and WOW! I think it took a day or two for my ECU to fully adapt to the octane change but when it did the car jumped to another level. Now that I'm here I just can't bring myself to fill up with anything else. It's not a daily driver so the pain at the pump is out shined by the performance gain. Anyone else in this boat? If you have a flashed ECU that has setting for race fuel you must give it a shot if it's a practical option for you. I know there are not many stations that have it.

Thanks 6 speeders.. my gas card hates you but my car and I are grateful.

Old 05-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Subbie is on a distinguished road
Evo down in Tempe, AZ has what they call chip switching. With a flip of a switch u can have either a 91 octane file nonsport and sport mode, then flip to a, in my case a 94 octane file again with nonsport and sport mode. All with custom programing to my personal foot/pedal feel.

So to answer your question, yes please help me with my addiction

Old 05-28-2010, 06:43 PM
Siglo Man will become famous soon enoughSiglo Man will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Subbie
Evo down in Tempe, AZ has what they call chip switching. With a flip of a switch u can have either a 91 octane file nonsport and sport mode, then flip to a, in my case a 94 octane file again with nonsport and sport mode. All with custom programing to my personal foot/pedal feel.

So to answer your question, yes please help me with my addiction
My GIAC tune has a connected push button module with 5 settings which is great.

Old 05-28-2010, 07:06 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Siglo Man
Ok so I took the advice of a few members and started filling up with race fuel, I am lucky to have a station with it just a few miles from my house, and WOW! I think it took a day or two for my ECU to fully adapt to the octane change but when it did the car jumped to another level. Now that I'm here I just can't bring myself to fill up with anything else. It's not a daily driver so the pain at the pump is out shined by the performance gain. Anyone else in this boat? If you have a flashed ECU that has setting for race fuel you must give it a shot if it's a practical option for you. I know there are not many stations that have it.

Thanks 6 speeders.. my gas card hates you but my car and I are grateful.
I'm leaning in that direction myself. Just curious about the day or two that it took for your ECU to adapt. Sounds like you have the flashloader. Shouldn't it adjust immediately once you push the race fuel option? I thought that was the whole point of the GIAC flashloader programming capability.

Old 05-28-2010, 08:40 PM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Pump race gas is junk compared to VP 109. Get 10 gallons of that and you will never go to a gas station again. Runs about $11 per gallon

Old 05-28-2010, 09:00 PM
kailuaboy has a spectacular aura aboutkailuaboy has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by robertp
Pump race gas is junk compared to VP 109. Get 10 gallons of that and you will never go to a gas station again. Runs about $11 per gallon

thats just evil...pure evil. the man has an addiction, dont give him stronger drugs

Old 05-28-2010, 09:51 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
My car has only one file, a race file. I run VP MS109 exclusively. Cant imagine going back now!

Old 05-28-2010, 09:55 PM
caly is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by kailuaboy
thats just evil...pure evil. the man has an addiction, dont give him stronger drugs

Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 PM
Yes, the VP 109 closest outlet isn't that close to me so I have to have my ECU on the 93 setting which I heard adjusts to where your actual rating is. From what I have heard 91 is closer to 87 and 100 (what I am using) is about 96. I haven't yet tried the VP on the race setting but just with the difference from the "91" to the "100" has been amazing.

Originally Posted by kailuaboy

Old 05-28-2010, 11:58 PM
P997S will become famous soon enoughP997S will become famous soon enough
Any difference if I use these higher octane gases on my 2010 997 S with pdk (NA)??

Thanks

Old 05-29-2010, 08:15 AM
robertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud ofrobertp has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by P997S
Any difference if I use these higher octane gases on my 2010 997 S with pdk (NA)??

Thanks
Only if your ECU is programmed to advance the timming, then you would see a slight increase in HP.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by Siglo Man
Yes, the VP 109 closest outlet isn't that close to me so I have to have my ECU on the 93 setting which I heard adjusts to where your actual rating is. From what I have heard 91 is closer to 87 and 100 (what I am using) is about 96. I haven't yet tried the VP on the race setting but just with the difference from the "91" to the "100" has been amazing.
Just get 5 or 6-5 gallon cans and put them on the side of you house. Trust me, you will have some much more "SAFE" power than 100 octane pump.

Old 05-29-2010, 09:47 AM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
I don't know how I ever lived before race gas. Very addicting. I now have 4 drums or C16 and 1 of MS 109 in the shop.

Help me - I need an intervention.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:18 PM
AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !AJag Is a GOD !
I don't have any 109 around me but I've been using 100 octane Rockett at Gas Cities in the Chicago area, though I try not to leave the GIAC on race program too much, hehe.

Old 05-29-2010, 05:24 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I have two 55 Gs filled with Vit C... hmmm does this count
R