997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Any info on this 977.2tt exhaust?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:56 AM
dksu has a spectacular aura aboutdksu has a spectacular aura about
Any info on this 977.2tt exhaust?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAhEG...eature=related

I think it sounds pretty cool.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:04 AM
k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !k_ddsl Is a GOD !
There was a thread on here a couple of days ago about M&M exhausts.

They are the ones that manufacture all of the FVD exhausts.

Give Rhonda a holler.

Old 08-16-2010, 05:11 AM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dksu

They all sound "cool" on the outside especially when auditioned on youtube clips. The only problem is you cant be on the outside when you are in the drivers seat....just grimacing wishing you had a pair of freakin earplugs . Thats the problem with 99.9 % of these systems.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:59 PM
So you mean they are too loud?

Old 08-16-2010, 06:04 PM
Banned
speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !speed21 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dksu
So you mean they are too loud?

I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out or, you can always learn the hard way like i did.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:22 PM
bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !bonehead Is a GOD !
Sounds pretty good....but 'sounds like a Cup Car'?????.....

Old 08-16-2010, 06:54 PM
nyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud ofnyamg has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by k_ddsl
There was a thread on here a couple of days ago about M&M exhausts.

They are the ones that manufacture all of the FVD exhausts.

Give Rhonda a holler.
+2, sounds a lot like mine (i have FVD)

I can definitely tell you it is not too loud, for me too loud is cat-less/cat bypass

by the way, that S sounds sick

Old 08-16-2010, 07:42 PM
SpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond reputeSpunkyQ8 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds Gr8! I want one!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:02 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
FVD products don't drone at all. Loudness is another matter, the sound version is pretty loud, but zero drone.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:07 AM
This exhaust makes the S sound more like 997.1tt modified car, which i like. As long as it doesn't drone, I would consider buying it. IMHO 997.1 exhaust sounds more menacing than 997.2. I think my car sound bit too conservative. I like the sound my car makes when i'm idling with sport mode on. But that sound dissipates quickly when car is in motion. I want this sound all the time. Any recommendations as to which aftermarket exhaust will reproduce my stock sport idle sound with sport on? thanks

Old 08-17-2010, 07:43 AM
Site Sponsor
GMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond reputeGMP Performance has a reputation beyond repute
M&M also makes the speedART exhausts as well, most of the sound characteristics come from the baffles inside the muffler which can be changed upon request of the tuner.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:10 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by speed21
They all sound "cool" on the outside especially when auditioned on youtube clips. The only problem is you cant be on the outside when you are in the drivers seat....just grimacing wishing you had a pair of freakin earplugs . Thats the problem with 99.9 % of these systems.
Not the case with these. M&M has an excellent grasp of NO Droning in the cabin. Guaranteed. You have resonance send it back no questions asked.

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 08-17-2010, 12:23 PM
number 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to beholdnumber 3 is a splendid one to behold
can you post a sound file?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:22 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
Matthew,

With all due respect, M&M is NOT SpeedArts exhaust supplier for the above mentioned 997.2TT muffler.
Please remove the reference to M&M in the post above.

This is an extremely serious issue. 6 speed online members who purchase a SpeedArt exhaust under the assumption they are purchasing an M&M system are being misled.

As you can see from the pictures below the M&M muffler is a round design where as the SpeedArt is square….

M&M Muffler (Rounded)

SpeedArt Muffler (Square)

I understand that you may have been misinformed in this case, but kindly stop referring to M&M in the future.

I apologize to dksu for posting this on your thread but this is an extremely sensitive issue to M&M and they want me to clear this up immediately.

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 08-19-2010, 09:07 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by number 3
can you post a sound file?
I wish I had one to post. We have quite a few of these exhausts out there but unfortunately I haven't received any video's back yet.

The sound is very similar to these though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lRT8M2YqdQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIpY7yWo-Ns

We also have quieter versions if you like...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN85EBHFeYE

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any info on this 977.2tt exhaust?