997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

PCCB Brake Service Cost

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
jasont is on a distinguished road
PCCB Brake Service Cost

For those of you who replaced you PCCB pads with OE equipment, what were you charged?

My 08 997tt is in for some warranty repairs and the dealer says the pads are still fine at 50%; however, I have seen it suggested on here many times that you should replace them at 50% to lengthen the rotor life.

They are quoting:

$1140 pads and labor for the front
$1200 pads and labor rear

Seems excessive to me - anyone find an aftermarket pads for the ceramic brakes you would recommend?

Old 01-20-2011, 03:36 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jasont
For those of you who replaced you PCCB pads with OE equipment, what were you charged?

My 08 997tt is in for some warranty repairs and the dealer says the pads are still fine at 50%; however, I have seen it suggested on here many times that you should replace them at 50% to lengthen the rotor life.

They are quoting:

Seems excessive to me - anyone find an aftermarket pads for the ceramic brakes you would recommend?
suncoast is quoting $350 and $320 for the pads. what is your dealer charging just for the parts? maybe find an indy shop to the the pads or do it yourself. Seems like an easy DIY if you're so inclined. Me, I can barely add oil without making a mess so I pay LOL.

Old 01-20-2011, 03:53 PM
PyroKerry has a spectacular aura aboutPyroKerry has a spectacular aura about
Yeah, that seems a bit excessive. The fronts are very easy to replace as the pads slide out of the back of the rotors, so the rotors don't have to be unbolted to replace the pads. The most important thing is to remove the wheel without hitting those PCCB rotors! At least buy the pads from Sunset Porsche, and I'd ask around for a good independant mech in your area who does Porsche work. Any mech who has preped a car for a track day will have replaced Porsche pads.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:21 PM
slawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond reputeslawek has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PyroKerry
Yeah, that seems a bit excessive. The fronts are very easy to replace as the pads slide out of the back of the rotors, so the rotors don't have to be unbolted to replace the pads. The most important thing is to remove the wheel without hitting those PCCB rotors! At least buy the pads from Sunset Porsche, and I'd ask around for a good independant mech in your area who does Porsche work. Any mech who has preped a car for a track day will have replaced Porsche pads.
You are absolutely correct they are not a big deal to replace.I wonder how much do they charge for the red calipers break job.

Old 01-20-2011, 05:33 PM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
How many miles got you to the 50 percent mark? Just curious. Any track time? Tia.

Old 01-20-2011, 08:40 PM
teolax will become famous soon enoughteolax will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by powderjay
How many miles got you to the 50 percent mark? Just curious. Any track time? Tia.
+1 on this. Very curious as to the mileage you're at. I have a 08 TT with 17,000 miles and I'm going to replace pads at 50% to save the PCCB rotors. Picked the car up used in December so i haven't had a chance to get the brake pad wear checked yet...

Old 01-21-2011, 08:08 AM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
I have 45,000 miles now and I replaced them at 50%. I'm not positive but I want to say I had 35,000-38,000 miles at the time.

Old 01-21-2011, 08:57 AM
Clobbard is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jasont

My 08 997tt is in for some warranty repairs and the dealer says <a href="http://www.bcduplication.com" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0) ! important; text-decoration: none ! important; cursor: default ! important;">cd pinting quote</a> pads are still fine at 50%; however, I have seen it suggested on here many times that you should replace them at 50% to lengthen the rotor life.

They are quoting:

WOW very excessive. Should be half that IMO

Old 01-21-2011, 11:06 AM
Originally Posted by powderjay
At 38k now, the fronts are actually at 45% which is 5% less than the rears. I have read from multiple posts that the rears normally wear faster on our cars (contrary to pretty much every other vehicle in the world), something about the brake bias being adjusted for the rear engine. Anyway, that is not holding true in my case.

I believe the first owner tracked the car a number of times, but I have yet to get a hold of him to confirm how much track time it had.

Old 01-21-2011, 01:42 PM
milou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond reputemilou has a reputation beyond repute
what about rotors? If pads are changed as soon as they wear 50% how many pad sets or KMs until rotors need to be changed?

Old 01-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Gotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to allGotnem108 is a name known to all
Pccb rotors will cost you at about $7500 per axle plus labor but you are not going to need it anytime soon, by then, you've probably soils the car.

Old 01-21-2011, 09:31 PM
djben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond reputedjben has a reputation beyond repute
Unless you are running track days where you are really heating up the brakes, why would replacing the pads at 50% extend the life of your rotors?

If you are running street pads at a DE you are making a mistake anyway, but I digress...

Without excessive heat buildup, the only downside I can see to running the pads low is you might need to ensure your brake fluid reservoir is full?

Someone clue me in, please.

My personal thought is that if I was a dealer, I'd DEFINITELY try and convince everyone, especially Porsche TT owners with PCCB brakes, they they need to replace front and rear pads at 50% life if I was going to get $2340 out of the deal - that's a killer profit!

Last edited by djben; 01-21-2011 at 09:35 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by djben
Unless you are running track days where you are really heating up the brakes, why would replacing the pads at 50% extend the life of your rotors?

If you are running street pads at a DE you are making a mistake anyway, but I digress...

Without excessive heat buildup, the only downside I can see to running the pads low is you might need to ensure your brake fluid reservoir is full?

Someone clue me in, please.

My personal thought is that if I was a dealer, I'd DEFINITELY try and convince everyone, especially Porsche TT owners with PCCB brakes, they they need to replace front and rear pads at 50% life if I was going to get $2340 out of the deal - that's a killer profit!

Good question - if you do a search on here you will find a ton of anecdotal evidence that the rotors will essentially last the life of the car if you change the pads at 50% and do not track the car regularly. Sadly, no one can seem to explain why changing the pads at 50% makes a difference, but they tend to be pretty adamant about it. I'm thinking the chance that changing them early works just might be cheap insurance so I hopefully don't end up replacing $7500/set rotors, but $2300 for a pad change seems more than ridiculous.

Old 01-25-2011, 06:53 PM
tortesq1 has a spectacular aura abouttortesq1 has a spectacular aura about
Pads being replaced tomorrow on my 07 with close to 42K miles on her. Being charged just under $1900 for front/rear pads for PCCB's by authorized dealer (including labor). Down to 15% in rear and 25% in front (or via versa as I don't recall). Don't know why dealer waited so long to replace pads, but baby can still brake from 160 plus on a dime.

Old 08-08-2015, 10:52 PM
Guybrush is on a distinguished road
How do I know when the pads are down to 50% ? Is there really a mark on the pads like described before? What is the thickness of new pads?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PCCB Brake Service Cost