997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

USP Motorsports: 997 Turbo 3” Race Exhaust Officially Released!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 09:11 AM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
USP Motorsports: 997 Turbo 3” Race Exhaust Officially Released!!

USP Motorsports: Complete 3" Turbo-Back Exhaust System w/o Cats

USP Motorsports is proud to announce that we have finally completed, and released our Porsche 997 Turbo Race Exhaust system! After long hours of design, development, and testing we have found the right setup to hit our target results in terms of performance, quality, and sound. Each system is hand-made by USP Motorsports, constructed of 3” mandrel bent, T-304 Stainless Steel tubing and USP Motorsports muffler. Our muffler is completely custom, designed in-house by USP. It is a U-shaped design with center X-pipe, developed for flow efficiency and sound. The muffler allows for a tolerable city / partial throttle driving tone, and a very audible exotic note during spirited driving. Our system is full 3” diameter all the way through from the turbochargers to the exit, no reduction from the turbo all the way back to the tips.

This is considered a “race” exhaust due to the fact that the catalytic converters are eliminated from the system. The tips are round twin 3.25” diameter tube, custom made by USP Motorsports, transitioned from the 3” system with no obstruction in flow. Optional finish for the tips is jet coated black (as seen in the pictures below) or polished. A unique feature in this system is that the flanges bolted to the turbo were made with the TiAL upgraded turbo kits in mind. They are a larger opening then stock, so it will not obstruct the flow from the wastegate outlet on the TiAL Alpha system. We have found this to be an issue with some other aftermarket exhausts. Another advantage to our system is the weight savings over factory. When changing to the USP 997 Race Exhaust, you will save 40% weight over the factory exhaust!

** DYNO NUMBERS OF STOCK EXHAUST VS. USP EXHAUST ON MY 997 TURBO WILL FOLLOW SOON! **
The system was dyno tested on a 996, however it was in addition to an upgraded turbo kit & USP turbo inlet pipes. Results can be seen here - https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ts-inside.html

Key Features:

• T-304 mandrel bent Stainless Steel tubing
• Full 3” exhaust diameter from turbo-back
• 40% weight savings over stock!
• Twin round 3.25” exhaust tips
• USP Motorsports designed X-pipe muffler
• No catalytic converters
• Flanges compatible with TiAL Alpha turbo systems

Pictures:

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCefGVPzoIw

Click here for ordering information & special one month introductory pricing!!

Last edited by Chris Green@USP; 01-31-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:24 PM
Former Vendor
SpoolnV8 will become famous soon enough
Sounds good, looks affordable... Suprise me

Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Chris you guys did a great job on the system. I am very happy with the sound, cabin is very civil and when wide open its good and loud. There can be a little drone between 2.5-3k when cruising, I don't spend alot of time in 6th below 3k though.

I am pretty sure you'll be pleasantly surprised at the cost.

Ken

Last edited by floridaBMW; 02-01-2011 at 12:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:48 PM
CarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud of
..Hmm

Old 01-31-2011, 04:41 PM
Former Vendor
Chris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond reputeChris Green@USP has a reputation beyond repute
Ordering information and one month special introductory pricing can be found here - http://uspmotorsports.com/product_info.php?products_id=698
Thanks for checking our system out!

Old 01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Nice work.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 PM
skeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond reputeskeeter has a reputation beyond repute
Sound great!

Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Very nice full throttle sound. I still have to get by your place and see (hear) this in person.

Old 01-31-2011, 11:42 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ruf_turbo
Very nice full throttle sound. I still have to get by your place and see (hear) this in person.
Come check them out! The stock exhaust is miserable to say the least. It was like a rattling can that whistled. This certainly fit the bill and then some.

Ken

Old 02-01-2011, 03:37 AM
NJR911 is on a distinguished road
Hey Ken, Looks great and can't wait to hear it in person! Next track event?

Old 02-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by NJR911
Hey Ken, Looks great and can't wait to hear it in person! Next track event?
Hey Nick! Hope all is well. I'm gonna try to get out to Homestead with Chin on 2/26.

Ken

Old 02-01-2011, 04:27 PM
Former Vendor
Here are some pics of the polished version tips!

Old 02-02-2011, 07:41 PM
Veracity is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Chris Green @ USP
I'm sorry but wrinkled "mandrel" bends might fly in the VW and Honda markets but I think most Porsche owners expect higher quality product for the premium we pay.

<O</OSeeing this in your marketing pictures is especially troublesome. What will your production systems that don't get photographed look like?

Just some constructive criticism. Good luck. <O</O

Old 02-02-2011, 08:01 PM
CarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud ofCarbonJuicD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Veracity
I'm sorry but wrinkled "mandrel" bends might fly in the VW and Honda markets but I think most Porsche owners expect higher quality product for the premium we pay.

<O</OSeeing this in your marketing pictures is especially troublesome. What will your production systems that don't get photographed look like?

Just some constructive criticism. Good luck. <O</O

I agree as well...

Old 02-02-2011, 09:00 PM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Veracity

<o></o>Seeing this in your marketing pictures is especially troublesome. What will your production systems that don't get photographed look like?

Just some constructive criticism. Good luck. <o></o>
I didn't see anything 'constructive' in your criticism...Unless all that 'sticking out your tongue' is some inside joke that I'm missing and you are really just slamming Chris in jest?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: USP Motorsports: 997 Turbo 3” Race Exhaust Officially Released!!