997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

AWE Headers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 10:48 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
AWE Headers

This is my 3rd Porsche turbo. I've done simple bolt on to full bolt on. I've had many headers in the past some were really good and some just ok. Ranging from Evoms(beautifully made) ,Agency power( great quality) , Fabspeed etc etc Recently I had a very bad exhaust leak on my car. I had to reweld them but after a couple of weeks it leaked again. Got tired of it and just left it alone.
Last Sunday I went to super car Sunday with a bunch of friends including Randy (quick911). He noticed my exhaust leak. Within a couple hours after I got home he called me and offered me his AWE headers for free that he had a little dent on which was not noticeable to me until he pointed it out. As soon as I installed them on my car my first reaction was wow these things fit better than stock headers!! I then took it for a drive and was even more impressed with the linear power it was making. It feels like it keeps on pulling all the way to the top and never stop. (endless power) I have never been interested in the way the these headers looked until I installed them and noticed the workmanship , power, matarial and the design that went into them. These have to be one of the best headers I have ever installed in any of my cars. I Thank my good friend quick911 for his donation two tubs up for AWE.
(no association with AWE ,never even talked to them but I thought I had to share my great experience.

http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/p...ttheaders.html

Old 04-01-2011, 12:47 AM
NWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond reputeNWturbo has a reputation beyond repute
I have the AWE headers on my 997TT, and they make my Europipe 1 sound even better.

Great power and flow as well of course.

AWE intercoolers are also great as well!

Old 04-01-2011, 02:19 AM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by NWturbo
I have the AWE headers on my 997TT, and they make my Europipe 1 sound even better.

Great power and flow as well of course.

AWE intercoolers are also great as well!
agree, Randy (quick911) bought another set after he accidentally scraped it. these headers are awesome. they made the exhaust sound even better.

Old 04-01-2011, 06:04 AM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
I have had mine on for 3+ years now with no issues of cracks, leaks, or unusual wear. As stated the fitment was perfect, as should be expected for all products for this level of car

Old 04-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
I will forward this thread to my Fabrication staff. They love to hear stuff like this as they take a lot of pride in what they do.

Thanks to all for the kind words.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by Mike/AWE
I will forward this thread to my Fabrication staff. They love to hear stuff like this as they take a lot of pride in what they do.

Thanks to all for the kind words.
Mike, i never realize how good they are until i saw in person (seeing is believing). my car sound n run fantastic

Old 04-01-2011, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by yllwturbo
Mike, i never realize how good they are until i saw in person (seeing is believing). my car sound n run fantastic
Awesome!

Just a note regarding the fitment.

A byproduct of welding the transition to the flange is some warpage of the flange. So what we do is after the transition is welded is put the flange in the CNC machine and do what is called decking or a fly-cut. This is done on the side that faces the head. What this does is re-flatten the surface so it is no longer warped. This ensures that there are no leaks at the gasket and the header does not stress the studs when it is tightened.

So next time you see a new set of headers, look at the side of the flange that faces the head. If you see machining marks, you know whomever made them took the time to do it right.

If you don't, place the headers on a completely flat surface and see if it wobbles...

Old 04-01-2011, 06:08 PM
eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !eclou Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mike/AWE
it's the least you can do for those 10 year old Laotian child laborers you lock inside the shop

Old 04-02-2011, 10:23 AM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
AWE - Tuning makes great stuff :-)