997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

GT3 Brake Ducts - Not So Great? (pics)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 03:47 PM
Car-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond reputeCar-Narcissist has a reputation beyond repute
----

----

Last edited by Car-Narcissist; 06-26-2018 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:25 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Thanks for providing pics. I was about to purchase the GT3 air ducts too. A couple people I track with swear by the GT3 ducts and say its a must have. They aren't expensive either. Maybe you should try the GT2 ones and see what happens.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:39 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
I have the Cup car air ducts on my car and never had a problem and they are large by comparison. What I find is that the ducts are attached to the control arm so they raise up along with the tires when going over bumps, etc, so they clear everything. I haven't had any trouble since the last 2 years. Now if you hit a raised obstruction in that area while on a flat road and the tire isn't raising up, all bets are off.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:41 PM
TT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud ofTT Chris has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Car-Narcissist
If the GT2 ones were $30, I'd try them. But $280 for the GT2 ducts is more than what could spend on a "try and see".

Understood. But we all drive P-cars so nothing is cheap. It's all relative. My pccb's or even your big reds cost more than 10x's what those GT2 brake ducts cost. Rear brake cooling is very important especially at the track. Improper or inadequate cooling can lead to premature wear and loss of brake performance. GT2 ducts or new brakes? Compare the cost of both would make one feel that $280 for GT2 ducts is a steal. So to me its worth a try. Let me know how it goes bud.

Old 08-11-2011, 04:53 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
I always liked the tt brake ducts better.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:56 PM
vpmick will become famous soon enoughvpmick will become famous soon enough
I have GT2 rear ducts on my lowered TT and have not had any problems with clearance...even had a few off track excursions with no problems. For the front, I had some 5" by 9" holes cut in the wheel liner then covered with SS mesh. This idea came from a P-car racer. I have had much better brake wear after these ducts so I'm happy!!!

Old 08-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Etchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond reputeEtchhead has a reputation beyond repute
Running the GT3 ducts on my 01TT and it seems to keep things much cooler than stock ducting which was even smaller.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:14 PM
Serpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant futureSerpentene has a brilliant future
OMG Chris is that a photo of a 930?

Old 08-12-2011, 07:06 PM
I'll get a pic of wheel liner "vents" in a couple days.

Thx.

Mick

Old 09-15-2011, 03:42 PM
Sorry it's taken so long, but here are the pics of the front fender well ducts mentioned in this post. Actual size is 7"X12". Sorry for quality of pics and they need to be rotated???!

Attached Images   
Old 09-16-2011, 08:36 AM
dysfunctional is on a distinguished road
Are the GT3 brake ducts and GT3 cup brake ducts the same ? If not where can I get the more efficient duct from ? Also the GT 2 rear ducts. Does the GT3 cup cars have rear ducts too ?

Old 09-16-2011, 09:36 AM
SVTHorsnake will become famous soon enoughSVTHorsnake will become famous soon enough
Car-Narcissist -

It looks like for dust shield is depleting any benefit you're gaining from the increased surface area on the TT duct?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:32 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Serpentene
OMG Chris is that a photo of a 930?
Yes, it is...my new toy, '87 930 slant.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:16 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I am about to purchase a slew of parts for my suspension and brakes. The 997 GT3 brake ducts were on that list.

So is it worth switching my stock brake ducts for the 997 GT3 ones or not?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba

Old 02-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Banned
Dan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond reputeDan@SCB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I am about to purchase a slew of parts for my suspension and brakes. The 997 GT3 brake ducts were on that list.

So is it worth switching my stock brake ducts for the 997 GT3 ones or not?

Thanks

Bobby Ali

ba
Bobby,

996 TT/C4S Ducts are diffrent that 997TT, so for 996TT yes 996 GT3 Ducts are better'ish

996 TT/C4S
996 GT3
996 GT3 Cup

Attached Images  

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Brake Ducts - Not So Great? (pics)