997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD 82mm plenum + GT3 throttle body installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 01:58 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
well, after 10 or so WOT runs the freaking hose blew off!!!! Got to be kidding me. I figured it must only be crappy oem clamps. I hit up the local auto parts store and picked up some slightly wider ones, the stock ones were not perfectly round thus assuming not distributing the clamping force well.

Time to test again....

Old 08-20-2011, 03:30 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by gmoney
well, after 10 or so WOT runs the freaking hose blew off!!!! Got to be kidding me. I figured it must only be crappy oem clamps. I hit up the local auto parts store and picked up some slightly wider ones, the stock ones were not perfectly round thus assuming not distributing the clamping force well.

Time to test again....
Frustrating but at least you know what the problem is. Let us know how you solve the problem. We don't want to be limited to only 10 WOTs...

Old 08-20-2011, 05:57 PM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gmoney

Time to test again....
The silicone reducer lacks the seal "lip" and needs much more clamping force .. Don't waste your time with worm-gear clamps, I ended up using a T-Bolt clamp on both ends of the reducer, it never blew off since. Used them with both the stock and the werks1 Y-pipe.

I even clamped it too much the first time that I cracked the rim of my carbon Y-pipe. Thankfully, mike@Champion offered to return it back to new condition free of charge, even refreshed the clear coat and added new stickers could not thank him enough.

Good luck ...

Old 08-21-2011, 07:22 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
The ipd hose actually has a nice lip on both ends, I believe it's relatively new. Good idea on the t bolts though, will order some just in case

Old 08-21-2011, 09:41 AM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
The silicone reducer lacks the seal "lip" and needs much more clamping force .. Don't waste your time with worm-gear clamps, I ended up using a T-Bolt clamp on both ends of the reducer, it never blew off since. Used them with both the stock and the werks1 Y-pipe.

I even clamped it too much the first time that I cracked the rim of my carbon Y-pipe. Thankfully, mike@Champion offered to return it back to new condition free of charge, even refreshed the clear coat and added new stickers could not thank him enough.

Good luck ...
+1 to T-Bolt clamp.

Used them on my non OEM silicone hose Y-pipe to TB coupler.
OEM worm screw clamp kept coming off on high boost switched out to T-Bolt clamp and the coupler has not blown off since on high boost.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:36 PM
After a couple hrs drive and plenty of WOT runs the new clamps are holding up great. Im still going to order some T-bolts for longevity.

As far as performance impressions with the IPD 82mm comp plenum and GT3 TB, I honestly cant feel an increase of significant magnitude, with 580hp or so bumping up 10,20 more give or take I think everyone would be tough to feel it. Im a believer in the theory of course and the dyno sheets running around so for the money I feel its a no brainer.

Old 08-21-2011, 10:52 PM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
Good that you solved the problem. Nothing like a good clamp won't solve for hoses popping off. Sounds like you're own your way to an EVT750.

Old 09-22-2011, 01:11 PM
GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !GTRNICK Is a GOD !
Anymore to say Gmoney?

I'm interested in this myself.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:06 PM
Everything holding up just fine, I would recommend the mod especially because it replaces the crappy stock intake hose and a few extra HP does not hurt either but dont expect to feel it with the butt dyno. Good final foundation mods wise before 997.2 IC's and new VTG's which are probably next on the to do list.

Old 09-22-2011, 06:38 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Trust me that the butt dyno and pbox can notice a difference with 997.2 i/cs and bigger vtgs.

Old 10-03-2018, 09:02 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Will these work?
Or do I need to go smaller?

i have the GT3 TB on the ipd plenum
HPS (SSTC-83-91) 83mm - 91mm Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamp for 3" Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058W7X6E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_XMnTBbXRRTX14

Old 10-04-2018, 11:46 AM
Deepstage will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by turboslut
Will these work?
Or do I need to go smaller?

i have the GT3 TB on the ipd plenum
HPS (SSTC-83-91) 83mm - 91mm Stainless Steel T-Bolt Clamp for 3" Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058W7X6E..._XMnTBbXRRTX14
No, these will not work. The throttle body is measured internal diameter. You need the outside diameter with the coupler. On my AMS y-pipe it measured at 109mm (4.29"). I would recommend measuring your application or ordering a clamp that has enough range to be forgiving like the Trident Marine 720-3120L Stainless Steel T-Bolt Hose Clamps, 3/4", Range 3.78" to 4.44"
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N9XRW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N9XRW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by Deepstage; 10-04-2018 at 11:51 AM. Reason: formatting
Old 10-10-2018, 07:48 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Deepstage
No, these will not work. The throttle body is measured internal diameter. You need the outside diameter with the coupler. On my AMS y-pipe it measured at 109mm (4.29"). I would recommend measuring your application or ordering a clamp that has enough range to be forgiving like the Trident Marine 720-3120L Stainless Steel T-Bolt Hose Clamps, 3/4", Range 3.78" to 4.44" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000N9XRW6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Regular T Bolt clamps do not work....

Please only use: parts number: TS-HCT-M100 available at summit racing or Trident Marine part numbers TSS 56S30 EP and TSS 60S30 EP available at Amazon.

Last edited by turboslut; 11-21-2018 at 09:58 AM.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:30 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Looks like I may be in need of something too...just about to put the car away for the winter and doing some onramp blasts and sure enough the coupler came off the GT3 TB.
I think the coupler is a different size on each end, does this t-bolt clamp mentioned above fit both ends or do I need a different size one for the larger or smaller end?

Old 10-25-2018, 07:13 PM
Deepstage will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Looks like I may be in need of something too...just about to put the car away for the winter and doing some onramp blasts and sure enough the coupler came off the GT3 TB.
I think the coupler is a different size on each end, does this t-bolt clamp mentioned above fit both ends or do I need a different size one for the larger or smaller end?
It works for both sides. You'll just want to trim the bolt to remove some of the length on the TB side.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPD 82mm plenum + GT3 throttle body installed