997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD 82mm plenum + GT3 throttle body installed

Old 08-18-2011, 03:28 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
IPD 82mm plenum + GT3 throttle body installed

So my factory y pipe to throttle body hose failed so figured it was perfect time to get the IPD setup Ive been meaning to do. Quick e-mail to Greg had me in the shop in no time for a quick install - quick at least for Mike. Glad I did not tackle this myself.

As many have experienced nothing short of perfect service from IPD, couple hrs later on I was on the road with some added power and a hose that wont blow off under boost.

Will report back once Ive put some miles on her and shes adapted to the plenum and throttle body.

Old 08-18-2011, 04:34 PM
A448PO is on a distinguished road
Guys, i have 911 turbo with Switzer P750, and i think about install IPD plenum with GT3 throtle!

After change i need to make some changes in my tune for new plenum and throtle?
Thank you

Old 08-18-2011, 06:28 PM
venkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond reputevenkatreddytx has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by A448PO
Guys, i have 911 turbo with Switzer P750, and i think about install IPD plenum with GT3 throtle!

After change i need to make some changes in my tune for new plenum and throtle?
Thank you
Yes, you do need to get a retune.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:30 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
for my application I was informed a re-flash was not necessary. seems to drive, idle just fine. perhaps there is a wee bit more power to be had software wise? I thought I read EVOMS does have a seperate file for this, maybe Sharky or someone will chime in.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:20 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I think you should talk to your tuner. With bigger TB, it will affect TPS. That is, the same degree of opening will let in more air due to the bigger throttle. Alteration of the TPS can affect target load values in your ECU. Your car may qualitatively feel fine but probably not optimal.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:38 AM
I PM'd Mike @ RSS to see what his thoughts are on the matter, if it does need a flash will do that asap, what your saying makes sense.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:45 AM
TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !TTdude Is a GOD !
I think with a larger TB, you want to make sure you get full range control of the pedal. If your bigger throttle is letting in the same amount of air at .8WOT vs a smaller throttle at WOT, then your not getting the full useful range of the pedal. The ECU probably has some type of correction table for target loads vs actual loads but that's where a tuner would know.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:52 AM
I did have to go through a procesess with the new TB, ignition on for 1 minute, depress gas pedal, remove key...then start car. But still, will let the expert get back to me.

Old 08-19-2011, 03:57 PM
After install you have feel some changes?

Old 08-19-2011, 04:03 PM
Not yet, put 60 miles on it with a few wot runs, will see tomorrow on familiar roads how it feels.

Last edited by gmoney; 08-19-2011 at 10:41 PM.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Waiting))

I have 991turbp with switzer R750 and i think about TB and plenum

You have stock y-pipe?

Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes stock Y pipe, wont mess with that until the turbos and intercoolers are upgraded....which I may do shortly

Got some feedback from the EVOMSit / Plenum install and no new flash is needed, the flash has all the data for such mods already thus can compensate for the added air.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:40 PM
Just curious but what performance enhancements does the GT3 throttle body give over stock?

Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 PM
its 82mm vs 74mm, probably not a bottlekneck until you bump up the turbos though.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:17 PM
Thanks. I know Evoms uses the bigger TB but while others don't. I was curious if it helps with the early torque seen in the Evoms tunes? I know at a certain power level it will flow more but not sure what that level is.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IPD 82mm plenum + GT3 throttle body installed