997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

IPD 82mm plenum + GT3 throttle body installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2018, 04:03 PM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
i tried the ipd y pipe and went back to stock pipe. the 82 TB does add flow but i feel like the pipe is marketing and does 0 for power

Old 11-27-2018, 06:33 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I'm using the DO88SE y-pipe which is part of the "big pack" intercooler kit. I have the GT3 tb as well. The coupler from IPD looks decent. I noticed that although my clamp came off the coupling didn't actually come off (unlike the stock one which did come off rarely, on stock tb). I use the Oetiker clamps on the sleeves that go between the ipd plenum and the intake manifold. so far so good with those. I may try them on the ipd coupler if nothing else works...

Old 11-28-2018, 12:29 PM
Deepstage will become famous soon enough
I use an AMS y-pipe that is ridged and wide enough for the clamps to secure to. I also cleaned the coupler with rubber care and made sure the clamp was kept in alignment during the torquing process.

Old 11-28-2018, 02:00 PM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by pdxm5
i tried the ipd y pipe and went back to stock pipe. the 82 TB does add flow but i feel like the pipe is marketing and does 0 for power
Did it make clamping easier or did they just blindly copy the stock one when it came to that part?

Old 12-02-2018, 01:18 AM
pdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond reputepdxm5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by turboslut
Did it make clamping easier or did they just blindly copy the stock one when it came to that part?
I can’t recall if the surfaces were different. My pipe would always blow off from the TB size not the ypipe side. The coupler stayed on the ypipe and slip off the GT3 tb.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:14 AM
turboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant futureturboslut has a brilliant future
So my issues seem to lie with a faulty fuel pump for now...my clamps are holding. I'll keep you guys updated. I have had zero pop offs thus far with the constant torque clamps. Fuel trim drama was caught on a log and proves it's not vacuum leak related.

Old 12-06-2018, 11:04 AM
usrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by gmoney
well, after 10 or so WOT runs the freaking hose blew off!!!! Got to be kidding me. I figured it must only be crappy oem clamps. I hit up the local auto parts store and picked up some slightly wider ones, the stock ones were not perfectly round thus assuming not distributing the clamping force well.

Time to test again....
My 997.1 TT has a Turbo build; Tial 68MM Turbos, ByDesign Intercoolers, IPD Y pipe, 82mm IPD Plenum, ID Bosche 1334cc injectors, GT3 TB, Kline headers and exhaust, and I have Trident Marine clamps on my hoses...as recommended by Sam at ByDesign. In all of our WOT tuning tests no hoses blown yet...with the possible exception of the Fuel Regulator hose which can be fixed with a tie down. When you reattach your hose make sure you thoroughly clean the metal of all residue and then once 100% clean and dry, spray some hairspray on it and let it dry to a tack then install the hose and clamp it down, preferably with Trident Marine clamps....again this was from my Tuner, Sam at ByDesign.

Last edited by usrodeo4; 12-06-2018 at 11:13 AM.
Old 12-06-2018, 11:17 AM
usrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to beholdusrodeo4 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by pdxm5
I wrestled with this issue for a long time and tried lots of things, different clamps etc! Evoms $700 solution leaks btw I threw mine in the trash. I went back to new oem clamps and cleaned everything off and aligned them perfectly and it works.
Good to know...

Old 12-06-2018, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by usrodeo4
My 997.1 TT has a Turbo build; Tial 68MM Turbos, ByDesign Intercoolers, IPD Y pipe, 82mm IPD Plenum, ID Bosche 1334cc injectors, GT3 TB, Kline headers and exhaust, and I have Trident Marine clamps on my hoses...as recommended by Sam at ByDesign. In all of our WOT tuning tests no hoses blown yet...with the possible exception of the Fuel Regulator hose which can be fixed with a tie down. When you reattach your hose make sure you thoroughly clean the metal of all residue and then once 100% clean and dry, spray some hairspray on it and let it dry to a tack then install the hose and clamp it down, preferably with Trident Marine clamps....again this was from my Tuner, Sam at ByDesign.
yeah I think stock y pipe is what makes this finnicky!