997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Options for louder exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 06:23 PM
cm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond reputecm09578 has a reputation beyond repute
Options for louder exhaust

What are my options for increasing exhaust note without spending 3-5k on a full exhaust. I'm really not worried about more power, just want a better sound while staying emissions legal?

Old 11-27-2011, 06:28 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
Good luck finding an option for less than $3k, outside of hacking up ur OE pipes. Remember my friend your driving a Pour-sha.

Ken

Old 11-27-2011, 06:49 PM
Overdraft is on a distinguished road
I did a lot of research for my 997.2 TT. In the end, I liked BBI out of California...and it will be under the low end of your budget - no "Check Engine Light" - no problem with emmisions as the OEM cats remain. Go to You Tube and search BBI - couple of clips there.

Old 11-27-2011, 06:51 PM
Trturbo will become famous soon enough
5k should be pocket change.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
cm09578 purchased one of our left over twin cannister 997TT exhausts. It's the system we supplier prior to introducing our newer, modular designed X-cellerator cross-flow system.

We have one left at the same price we sold to cm09578 - sold for less than 1/2 of his low target price. Forum rules do not permit pricing in this section, so PM me if interested.

This is a very high quality, really nice sounding and performing system that rivals systems costing 2-3 times what you will pay for this leftover system. Again, only one left and these are gone...

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 11-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
If you don't take advantage of John's deal on the new system, you can always look in the used parts for sale section. Every once in a while a low miles used exhaust system will pop up. I got a 6K mile Fabspeed Version 3 for my turbo.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:01 AM
ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !ruf_turbo Is a GOD !
Europipe is an overwhelming favorite around here and IMO the best sounding exhaust. It is also one of the best looking and best built designs available. It fits into your $3-5k price range despite being best in class.

There are plenty of opines on 6sp. Check the threads on Europipe.

Old 12-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cm09578
What are my options for increasing exhaust note without spending 3-5k on a full exhaust. I'm really not worried about more power, just want a better sound while staying emissions legal?
Hey Cm, make sure to check out the Fabspeed setup. We have different options for sound and power, but it will all be emissions compliant also. I would check our Supersport X Pipe setup, it sounds deep and aggressive, but not too loud. The full setup is $3995 and includes Sport Cats and Dual Tips, so you won't need anything else. Here is link to the video of it. Let me know if you have any questions and PM me for special member pricing.
thanks,

Check Out the System here: Supersport Exhaust With Dual Tips and HJS Sport Cats: http://www.fabspeed.com/997TT_44.html

Supersport Exhaust on 997.2TT:

Last edited by Fabspeed Motorsport; 12-05-2011 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
If you are looking for a high quality exhaust that sounds great, has absolutely no drone and is regarded as meeting the standards of quality that Porsche put into building your car, then you are looking for a Europipe. <!-- / message -->
The same can be said for our SpeedTech X-cellerator X-Flow exhaust system. It is truly 100% made in the USA using very high quality materials, hardware, etc. The quiet version has no drone and provides a fantastic GT3 type sound. Additionally, it has other features not found in many other exhausts, such as optional tip styles (re-use OEM or our true dual 3" tips), 4 sound levels (quiet, sport, moderate and loud), optional modular cat bypass pipes and optional muffler bypass X-Pipe. A benefit of this design is that you are not locked into one sound level for the life of the system. Using optional off the shelf parts that fit every system sold, the exhaust can be re-configured in the future by simply swapping one component in order to suit changing taste or new performance goals. IMO, anyone looking for a 997TT exhaust should strongly consider this system, as it offers a lot for the money - high quality, tons of options and fantastic X-flow sound. And it's over 20 lbs. lighter than the heavy OEM piece it replaces, which adds to the performance benefit.

OEM tips

3.0 dual Tips

X-Pipe w/ OEM tips (can use dual 3" also)

Video:

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

Last edited by John@SpeedTech; 12-05-2011 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 02:43 AM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
I have been slowing accruing info on tuning the 997 from this site. I came to one conclusion on exhaust, Fabspeed. Modular, high quality, and many 6speeders stand by them. On the point of modular design, you can run race cats with straight pipes and if they are too loud keep the cats and run their x pipe. It bolts right on without removing the cats. They have excellent customer service as well for an extra bonus. I will be buying from them when the time comes.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 AM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Hey otoppero, thanks for the kind feedback and let me know when you are ready to do the exhaust for your car and I will make you a nice member deal on it.
Thanks,

Old 12-08-2011, 10:45 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
contact markski at 911tuning. you will not be dissapointed.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:25 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
My pleasure Alex. I have no affiliation with Fabspeed what so ever, I want to put that out there. As a new owner of a 997.1 TT I have been looking into every aspect of tuning for increased performance and also aesthetics. Fabspeed spent a good 30 min on the phone with me going over what about their exhaust makes them different than the competition. Two things defiantly stood out for me personally; modular design and reduced weight. Side benefits; they are well made and the X pipe system is gorgeous. Which ever exhaust system you choose I do hope you share your experience with us here.

Cheers, otoppero

Old 12-08-2011, 02:38 PM
bosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to beholdbosco42 is a splendid one to behold
Europipe....game over !

Old 12-08-2011, 06:34 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cpais
At least for those in the know. Why even consider anything else?
Because most exhausts don't sound alike - and personal preferences differ? Each exhaust has a different character (some continuous, some staccato), frequency distribution (some higher freq, some low), and loudness. For example my tuner told me the Europipe has more higher frequency character, whereas others might have more lower frequency component. In addition, if you are looking for more loudness, there would be other exhausts worth considering.

These differences are why, as outstanding as the Europipe is, there could never be a "best" exhaust and one should most definitely consider other options.

No argument about the quality of Europipe, but one of these days I would love to have a listen to the sound myself; the praise is making me curious!

Last edited by cannga; 12-08-2011 at 07:53 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Options for louder exhaust