997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

$735 / Tire for Rears

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
$735 / Tire for Rears

So I blew out my rear passenger tire on Friday and now am in need of a set of new rears. They are the Michelin Pilot PS2 305 30 ZR 19 (as you undoubtedly know). Does anyone know where I can get a set for less than $1470 for 2 in Edmonton?

(EDIT) The Porsche Dealership (Norden) is the one charging $735 / tire.

Any help is appreciated.

Spatia

Last edited by Spatia; 07-16-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
$570 each (US)

TireRack

Email: damon@tirerack.com

Tell him Eric from BumperPlugs sent ya.

Maybe the shipping would be a wash, maybe not.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:21 PM
Spatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to beholdSpatia is a splendid one to behold
Thanks - I found them for $625 / tire here in Edmonton. I'm happy with that (sort of).

Old 07-16-2012, 05:24 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
PM me your postal code and I'll get you a shipped price. 3-5 days UPS. I have in stock. Thanks.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 07-16-2012, 05:49 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Do you have a Costco? They carry Michelin and always seem to have the best price locally.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Doc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond reputeDoc GTO has a reputation beyond repute
Go with the new Michelin pilot super sport. Might as well get them now and loose the old ps2s. Lol.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:17 PM
My fronts are new 2 months ago and are the ps2's. Can I switch to the Super Sports on the back without issue? Also whats the difference between the 2 tires?

Originally Posted by Doc GTO
Go with the new Michelin pilot super sport. Might as well get them now and loose the old ps2s. Lol.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:25 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
FYI, I just had to get 2 new rears, I did alot of research and went with SuperSports on the rear. Damon @ Tirerack was very helpful as I needed them ASAP.

Old 07-16-2012, 07:27 PM
MJA
MJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really niceMJA is just really nice
The Super Sports are the newer model; PS2 is the predecessor. Super Sports are a little lighter. They are considered superior to the PS2s (newer model=newer technology). There are rumors that the PS2 line might actually be coming off of production soon. <!-- / message -->

Old 07-16-2012, 10:31 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
I would not mix tire models, even of same manufacturer. On saying that if I needed a couple rears I would go Supersport and deal with the added cost of the fronts, these tires are THAT good.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:47 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
I recently replaced my worn out PS2 with PSS. I like the PSS better but I have not pushed the PSS as hard.

Old 07-17-2012, 08:55 AM
zippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud ofzippsub9 has much to be proud of
PSS are pretty sweet. They have yet to receive the coveted Porsche "N" rating which will only drive the price through the roof. As far as I know, the N rating means that the compound meets Porsche standards but that is pretty vague. You can't beat 15K for the rears and 30K for the fronts at the PSS price.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:52 AM
MBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud ofMBENZF1 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Eric (Plug Guy)
$570 each (US)

TireRack

Email: damon@tirerack.com

Tell him Eric from BumperPlugs sent ya.

Maybe the shipping would be a wash, maybe not.
I know Canadian's get hit with import duties/taxes, so he'd be look at 570x2x18% (Approx) 1345

For the extra $100, I'd get it done locally in case something happens (Like another failure.)

Old 07-17-2012, 11:14 AM
turbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura aboutturbodickie has a spectacular aura about
The Tire Rack won't cheat you. They are the best!

Old 07-17-2012, 12:07 PM
MK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud ofMK23 has much to be proud of
I know many of you will consider this blasphemous, but I ditched the big name brands and went with Hankook's V12 tires. I used to have these on my SL 65 and was totally impressed with the performance at more than half the cost. I'm replacing my rears after about 13.5K miles on Fri and am sticking with Hankook. Granted, I don't track my car, but I do a lot of spirited street driving, sharp turns, hard, brake-torqued accelerations with my car and haven't noticed a difference from the previous Michelin's

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $735 / Tire for Rears