997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

No Lowering Springs on Turbo's with PASM??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
No Lowering Springs on Turbo's with PASM??

So my dad was planning on getting gmg lowering springs on his 7.2 turbo s, but the local shop (which is highly respected by the porsche community in the area) said that if the car has PASM then you cannot swap out the springs. I don't really know much about how the whole stock suspension set up works, but I figured that we could lower the car on springs as many of you already have. Does the car have PASM? I would really appreciate some help...

Old 07-19-2012, 10:22 PM
Fugazi will become famous soon enoughFugazi will become famous soon enough
You are correct my car has PASAM and I have H&R Springs the car rides better than stock as my DD.
Btw a 7.2 must be a Beast!!!

Last edited by Fugazi; 07-19-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 PM
Mini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to allMini George is a name known to all
Here was out inspiration for the car... this one has champion springs (which I believe are H&R) I just don't know why springs wouldn't "work" on our car.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 PM
floridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud offloridaBMW has much to be proud of
The 997.1 & .2 turbo has the PASM feature. You can run aftermarket springs and continue to operate the sport/non-sport funtion of the PASM.

Champion uses H&R for their springs.

Ken

Old 07-20-2012, 07:03 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mini George
Here was out inspiration for the car... this one has champion springs (which I believe are H&R) I just don't know why springs wouldn't "work" on our car.

That IS an inspirational picture. I just put GMG springs on my car and I have PASM so I'm not sure why it wouldn't work (mine is a .1 vs your .2 though).

I think the H&Rs pictured above lower the car slightly more than the GMGs but it is close.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
Heyyyy Mini....that shop is totally wrong. You definitely CAN use springs on a PASM equipped car. In fact, the Turbo S you posted of ours has H&R's on it. We have them in stock.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:23 AM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Find another shop! 30+ thousand miles on my GMG and RSS setup no problems at all. Just a much nicer ride than the factory crap.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:58 AM
Truble10 is on a distinguished road
Yep, you need a new shop. I have H&R's on my 997TT with PASM. The dealer did the install...20K miles and no issues.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:09 PM
skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !skandalis447 Is a GOD !
PASM and HR here...everyhting ok after 18months...

Old 07-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
here is my 2012 lowered on HR no problem and i have easily done 20 plus 997.2 on HR again no problems .

Attached Images  

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks so much for the help guys! Guess we just need to decide which springs are best for us.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Simple solution H&R everyone on this post seems to agree!

Old 07-22-2012, 06:23 AM
movedabone is on a distinguished road
Do the H&R springs stiffen the ride of the car? I use mine (997.1) as a DD and live in Puerto Rico. The roads here are terrible and dont want it too stiff.

Old 07-22-2012, 09:09 AM
Originally Posted by movedabone
Do the H&R springs stiffen the ride of the car? I use mine (997.1) as a DD and live in Puerto Rico. The roads here are terrible and dont want it too stiff.
NO they actually improve the ride much beefer springs. Best bang for the $$$!

Old 07-22-2012, 10:34 AM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fugazi
NO they actually improve the ride much beefer springs. Best bang for the $$$!
I thought the H&R spring rates were less than the OEM springs?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: No Lowering Springs on Turbo's with PASM??