997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Best Exhaust for 997 Turbo Cab?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 PM
AlexPod will become famous soon enoughAlexPod will become famous soon enough
Best Exhaust for 997 Turbo Cab?

Hi guys! I just purchased a 2009 997 TT Cab. I had a 2006 C4S Cab before that with bypass pipes.

In my opinion, the bypass pipes were great, but made it unable to have a conversation with the top down or listen to music at a normal volume.

For the TT, I would like to have the top down and be able to have a normal conversation - but I'd still like to have that throaty supercar sound at low cruising speeds around town.

I am trying to find a happy medium where it is loud and will turn heads but won't disrupt in-car convos or music.

What is the best you guys can suggest for my new ride? Thank you in advance!

Old 10-18-2012, 12:19 AM
TT_Crab has a spectacular aura aboutTT_Crab has a spectacular aura about
Congratulations for your car! Europipe EP1 is the best exhaust IMO. No drone at all, best performance and great sound!!!! Also great service from Stef the owner.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:35 AM
AlexPod will become famous soon enoughAlexPod will become famous soon enough
Is it possible to get the EP1 in the states?

Old 10-18-2012, 12:02 PM
TT_Crab has a spectacular aura aboutTT_Crab has a spectacular aura about
Stef (the owner) ships a lot of his exhausts to the US as far as I know. I don't know if there are any dealers there though. Have a word with him, he'll help you out with anything you want. He can also tell you if there are any cars nearby having his exhaust installed so you can listen to its sound...

Old 10-18-2012, 02:46 PM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Our system seems to be what you are after- loud when on it, but civilized while in traffic.

Old 10-18-2012, 03:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
We offer our 997TT exhaust in 4 sound levels. From your description, I think our 2.5 "sport" sound, internal X-Flow system is exactly what you are looking for....I posted a video below.

This system sounds fantastic! No drone, no regrets...the "sport" sound version is about 2:30 mintes into the video...if that is not enough, we have a 3.0 "Moderate" and 3.0 "loud" version available!

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos
Old 10-18-2012, 04:21 PM
gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !gmoney Is a GOD !
Listen to as many as you can in person then make your decision.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:40 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Very happy with my Tubi on the 09 Turbo Cab. Listened to quite a few, took some direction from Sharky too. Did not want finger wagging from the ladies in the neighborhood as I drove home, but wanted throaty sound complimentary of the horsepower. Very happy.

Listen to as many as you can (dealer service departments you are friendly with, tuners, club gatherings, etc.). Then decide.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:19 PM
Former Vendor
dbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant futuredbcperformance has a brilliant future
We installed Fabspeed, Tubi, AWE, Milltek, B&B, APR systems on TTs, and they all sound great with few distinctions that only matter to the taste. Listen as many as you can, preferably in person (I know very difficult to find each around you) and make a decision.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:02 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
The AWE system is very nice and was our choice for our Alpha 997.1 Turbo program. We made 800+ wheel thru the system

We have installed a few EP1 and EP2 systems as well. The fit, finish and sound were all very nice.

I have always told customers to find and listen to a few systems in person before they make an exhaust choice.

good luck

Larry