997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

washer fluid leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 12:26 PM
agsurf5 is on a distinguished road
washer fluid leak

my new used car (09 TT with high miles...) started leaking the other day for no apparent reason. i already drove it a bunch around, when it started.
a lot of washer fluid coming out of wheel driver side.
i am in NY, so it was either the cold ride, or the very bad roads shaking things around too much.

today i took everything apart. to inspect the leak. wheel, wheel liner, and pulled the washer fluid reservoir. i broke the damn filler neck clicking thing.....
it looks like the leak is from the base of the pump. where it goes into the gasket.
i took the gasket out, put it back on, but it still leaks.

i was thinking of ordering a new gasket and give it a try again. but being such a painful process, i was wondering if you guys think it is the pump leaking.
gasket seemed to be in a decent shape. so i am not sure.... rubber could be not so good, but it was not in bad shape.

it is annoying, since i pretty much drive around with a warning sign for low washer fluid every time. so i want to fix it.

Old 10-30-2014, 02:46 PM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
did you ever figure this out? I also have a leak in this area that's driving me insane.

Hopefully it wasn't the motor as that's a $350 part.

-Jose

Old 10-30-2014, 10:59 PM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Unfortunately, you may need both the seal and the pump. You may need to be sure which pump it is. When cars have headlight washers, there are two pumps, one for the headlight jets and the other for the wipers.

If the pumps are not used on a regular bases, the seal dries out and leaks. In your case it would appear to be the pump as well. Fill it up and see which pump is leaking