997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

My (new to me) EVT775 thread....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:56 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
My (new to me) EVT775 thread....

Long story short... I bought a REALLY nice 10,000mile Protomotive GT2 from a member here a while back. I purchased the GT2 sight unseen and it was pretty much as perfect as described. Fast forward a couple months....after wrapping the car twice trying to find a way to help the GT2 hold my interest I decided to sell it and find something else. The GT2 was super nice...and super fast, but I just could not get over the blandness of the interior and the unbelieveably horrible clutch that was the Carbontech Triple Carbon...and dont get me started on the PCCB noise.
Soooo, fast forward again. After a couple weeks of dicking around looking at everything from ZR1's to R8's I decided to fly out to Cats Exotics in Seattle to look at a fellow 6speed members EVT775 997TT. The pictures were excellent the history was good. There was a lot of info here about the car and that was a big plus for me. I was super excited to get into a new Porsche.... I walked into Cats on a cold snowy/sleety/rainy day and she was sitting in the middle of the showroom...it looked PERFECT aside from a set of trashed tires and a pretty trashed clearcoat. A test drive was in order so we fired it up and hit the road. I spent 15 minutes warming up the fluids and gingerly making my way to the DRY interstate. 3rd gear 50mph my foot goes to the floor...no boost...or very little could be had. My heart dropped. I knew it was too good to be true.
Fast forward again....I loved the car enough to make a deal which left enough $ on the table to fix pretty much any issue the car had. I went thru with the purchase and the seller was gracious to ship the car to EVOMS for me to have any and all issues attended to.

EVOMS has thus far repaired the bank 2 chain housing seal which was HUGE $ and attended to a few other minor issues. I decided to have a set of coolant pipes welded in just for good measure as well. This week it goes on the dyno to see where she stands as far as boost and all the rest. Next the guys at EVOMS will reset the suspension to a more street friendly setting . My dealings with Matthew at EVOMS have been nothing short of stellar. I am an insanely **** retentive person when it comes to my cars and as a business owner that deals in customer service I can say that so far i could not have asked for more. It has taken longer than expected but then when has building a car EVER been completed on time? Ill update this thread as it goes. I have been getting updates from EVOMS on the regular.

Here is a quick picture timeline.....
GT2 the day I sold it..

At Cats Exotics..

On its way to EVOMS..

At EVOMS..

My new ADV1 ADV05TF..

Tikore lug bolts..

New Matte black and red decals being made..

New plate..

I am way beyond excited and I have my fingers crossed for the dyno tuning to go off with out a hitch. TX2K13 is exactly a month away....let the rubber hit the pavement!
Thanks for reading 6speed.

Attached Images                 

Last edited by triblk6spd; 02-13-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:19 PM
AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !AudiBull Is a GOD !
Looks good, next step is to take that decal off the windshield.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:41 PM
aa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond reputeaa909 has a reputation beyond repute
wow car looks great, congrats

what was wrong with the clear coat? are you going to have the finish sanded and respray a new layer of clear coat?

Old 02-13-2013, 10:52 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Haha yes the windshield graphic will be gone before it hits the garage.
The clearcoat isnt in need of a respray..rather it just had a few careless washes since its last polish. The previous owner seemed to keep up with detailing quite well based on his past posts. Maybe a careless dealership wash or two....I dont really know. I will probably spend the better part of a week with the Porter Cable and some polish getting her back to 10/10. Ill post my detailing results when the opportunity arises. Thanks for the positive feedback btw!

Old 02-13-2013, 11:12 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Looks like Boneheads car found a new home ,i've seen the car many times its very nice congratulations & i wonder if Ed got something else ?

Old 02-14-2013, 12:28 AM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Car looks great good luck with everything !

Old 02-14-2013, 01:08 AM
agup48 is infamous around these parts
Glad to see the car going to a good home! Congrats!

Can't wait to see it with those wheels mounted, as much as I love 'The Great Pumpkin' those wheels will look badass on it. I hope to see it the next time I'm back in town!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...997-turbo.html

Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Glad to hear a 6speeder picked her up. Sorry to hear of the mechincal issues. But it seems you are dealing well with them.

Congratulations!

I miss BH, but I'm sure you can pick up where he left off.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:25 AM
AlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant futureAlexM has a brilliant future
Congrats and talk to them about exhaust options. The 70mm pipes that come with the kit droned a bit too much for my taste. Ended up with EP. Have fun!

Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 AM
DARTH-VADER is infamous around these parts
Great car enjoy

Old 02-14-2013, 08:01 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
She's a beauty, enjoy her in good health mate.

Old 02-14-2013, 09:45 AM
Final pressure and smoke testing today. Heading to the dyno next!

Attached Images  
Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 AM
nevert00fast is infamous around these partsnevert00fast is infamous around these parts
So was the boost issue a result of the chain housing?

Old 02-14-2013, 11:50 AM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Sorry to go this direction, but I'll say it. So, the car was there on the Cat's Exotics floor like a pig with lipstick on. The car wasn't producing boost and had serious mechanical issues. Wow, I only wonder if it was being sold with disclaimers (perhaps it was consignment), I don't know.
Anyway, congrats on the build and hats off to you for having the cajones to get a car as a base for a serious build. Interested to see the results.

Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM
Former Vendor
Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !Fabspeed Motorsport Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ryem3
Sorry to go this direction, but I'll say it. So, the car was there on the Cat's Exotics floor like a pig with lipstick on. The car wasn't producing boost and had serious mechanical issues. Wow, I only wonder if it was being sold with disclaimers (perhaps it was consignment), I don't know.
Anyway, congrats on the build and hats off to you for having the cajones to get a car as a base for a serious build. Interested to see the results.
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
I decided to fly out to Cats Exotics in Seattle to look at a fellow 6speed members EVT775 997TT... A test drive was in order so we fired it up and hit the road....3rd gear 50mph my foot goes to the floor...no boost...or very little could be had. My heart dropped. I knew it was too good to be true.... Fast forward again....I loved the car enough to make a deal which left enough $ on the table to fix pretty much any issue the car had. I went thru with the purchase and the seller was gracious to ship the car to EVOMS for me to have any and all issues attended to.
it sounds like the buyer knew what he was getting into and built getting the car fixed into his budget for the car... Roy is a great seller with tons of satisfied customers, i doubt he would sell a car he KNEW was not right...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My (new to me) EVT775 thread....