997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Heard the AMS 997TT went a 9.9?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Heard the AMS 997TT went a 9.97?!

AMS care to chime in? Came across two picture though...

Congrats to AMS, EPL and all involved!

Attached Images   

Last edited by Powell; 05-25-2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Title
Old 05-25-2013, 10:05 PM
greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !greekc6 Is a GOD !
That's great!! Congrats in cracking 9's. awesome to hear for a well priced package.

Old 05-26-2013, 03:57 AM
3Kidz has a spectacular aura about3Kidz has a spectacular aura about3Kidz has a spectacular aura about
I see daylight between the front tires and ground!!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:08 AM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
Awesome AMS !!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:53 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Nice driving!!! Definitely would like to see the mod list for this...

Old 05-26-2013, 09:09 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 3Kidz
I see daylight between the front tires and ground!!
I saw that too. wow.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:21 AM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Complete AMS Alpha 9 kit, clutch of choice, high flow exhaust of choice (in this case AWE), EPL ms109 calibration.

-Stock throttle body
-Stock plenum
-Cat'ed exhaust
-Full weight
-AWD
-6 speed car
-Street tires

Im sure AMS will put up and official post next week...but needless to say everyone involved is quite pleased.
Getting the job done.

Old 05-26-2013, 10:25 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
I think this is the 2nd quickest stock-motor 6-MT 997 run to date, and the 4th quickest 6-MT 997 run overall. Nice job!

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 05-26-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:57 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys, that was me driving. I'll have to give some credit to the clutch, it's super easy to modulate and drive. It's an Exedy Triple carbon and our GT2 clutch conversion kit.

I hot lapped it 5 times to get that last 9.97 run. The run before was a 10.04 hitting the limiter in 2nd gear, I knew it had a little more left in it. I pulled a few 1.5X 60 foot times and from what I hear you can see the front tires lift in 2nd gear in the video. Tires were MT drag radials and some random brand heavy wheels (victory equipment). Everything was in the car plus it had a roll hoop (30-40 lbs?) and my beefy 245lb butt. The only thing removed was the owners manual, which is funny because I did that on the last run. Thanks Tony for reminding me

Other than that it's our standard easy to install Alpha 9 bolt on kit. The exhaust had a test pipe, no catalytic converter. Like Tony said, a lot of stock parts on it still, including the engine. Thanks for a great tune

Some other fun facts:
0-60 for the Alpha 9 997tt (using 1 foot roll out like magazines do) - 2.64 seconds
We also ran our E63 AMG also that night. 10.7 at almost 136mph! 60-130 was 6.59 with one extra shift in there from the drag run. This thing is completely stock except our Alpha race gas tune, our upgraded stock turbo's, and cat's removed (still stock exhaust).

-Martin Musial
President - AMS Performance

Last edited by AMS; 05-26-2013 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added signature
Old 05-26-2013, 12:56 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Congrats on the time! Awesome results with the kit so far. I read that you used a different clutch than the sachs 2.5 that you suggest on your website. Any particular reason why? Also, You didn't break any axles on that launch especially with drag radials? That was awesome how it elevated on launch.

Old 05-26-2013, 12:59 PM
Liquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of lightLiquid Assets is a glorious beacon of light
Wow 9's with a 6 speed!

Amazing

Old 05-26-2013, 02:21 PM
onurleft will become famous soon enough
Awesome time, this makes me want a 997 turbo even more for a hooligan mobile.

Roughly 90k gets you a true 9 second machine, all the Porsche heritage and a true 6 speed manual

Funny this car was on so many stock parts. With some GT3 seats, rear seats removed, lighter wheels, plenum and TB and a 165lb guy like me i'll be in a seriously quick, potentially mid 9's machine

Old 05-26-2013, 05:05 PM
earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !earl3 Is a GOD !
Martin,
Congrats on both the Porsche and AMG, very impressive!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on aftermarket plenums for the 996/7 platforms.

Old 05-26-2013, 07:00 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by yumaverick
Congrats on the time! Awesome results with the kit so far. I read that you used a different clutch than the sachs 2.5 that you suggest on your website. Any particular reason why? Also, You didn't break any axles on that launch especially with drag radials? That was awesome how it elevated on launch.
Thanks!

We've worked with Exedy for a long time and they make great clutches. I've visited their massive OEM and aftermarket clutch factory in Osaka Japan and the level of engineering and quality that goes into these parts is very impressive. They make OEM clutches for a lot of cars and even some OEM supercars (not sure if I can mention who since it was in their skunk works part of the factory and was hush hush). This is a new product they are offering and they wanted us to put it through the ringer. It drives like a stock clutch with great pedal feel. Like any carbon clutch it needs to be slipped a little at high torque levels because the coefficient of friction for carbon is low when cold. The pre-launch I did before each run was enough to heat it up.
I've driven the Sachs 2.5 on the street and it drives great too and holds the torque we threw at it, but I haven't drag raced on it yet.

We have Driveshaft Shop stage 3 axles in the car. We have broken axles in the past so I didn't want to risk it with this car.

hope this answers some of the questions.

-Martin

Old 05-26-2013, 07:05 PM
AMS
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by earl3
Martin,
Congrats on both the Porsche and AMG, very impressive!

I'd love to hear your thoughts on aftermarket plenums for the 996/7 platforms.
Let's just say if anyone has one I'll do a back to back test. I don't want to say anything without some testing otherwise I'll probably get blasted by a bunch of people even though I have a very good educated idea of what it will/won't do.

-Martin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Heard the AMS 997TT went a 9.9?!