Bentley From the original 3 Litre to the current Continental GT and Mulsanne

AC Compressor Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2024, 11:40 AM
Snotallthere is infamous around these parts
Question AC Compressor Change

Hi All, Well I went to get my AC charged the other week as it wasn't cold, & was told it was over full & the compressor wasn't working! Just another item on the project list I suppose? I managed to get a new compressor for about £300 with a bit of cross referencing & trade discounts!
So my question is: Can I change the AC Compressor without dropping the Engine & Gearbox? Mine is a 2007 GT 60th Anniversary, I have a vacuum leak but I have the solenoids up top so not a bad job, but will tackle that one later! Just want to get the AC working for now as we have a bit of sun here in the UK!

Old 05-24-2024, 06:21 PM
Mars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond repute
Here is what I found as a cross for my AC compressor for a 2005 Continental GT. I am not sure what is needed to replace it, but per the ITES for a 2005, you need to remove the front end module, radiator and condenser. If you do not already have it, I recommend getting the ITES from Flying spares since it has the workshop manual in it. What I crossed for the AC compressor was (Denso Part DCP32052, which DCP32052 is the AC compressor made for Europe and European model vehicles and 471-1524 is the ac compressor made for North American vehicles). These parts are what the Denso rep told me and I went with the DCP32052 worked for my car.

Mine was being replaced when my engine was out, I also replaced the Condenser, dryer, AC orifice filter (used AC Santeck MT0097-1 which I believe is the one Johnny used), and some of the seals. I bought a lot of these for the equivalent VW Phaeton so we would have them. Note, when I switched out my condenser, it was a last minute need so I bought one off of Amazon due to 2 day delivery. The Phaeton condenser does not cross/work with the 2005 Continental GT. I found that out the hard way.

Best of luck with it.

Old 05-25-2024, 02:20 AM
Thanks Mars, I'm pretty sure the front end will have to come off, I have resigned myself to that one now! I'll look into the ITES, is that a workshop manual? as I have struggled to get info for it so far, but not had it that long so just working my way through the smaller jobs 1st! I need to clear a space in the workshop 1st, & going on holiday in a week for a few weeks so this will probably get done in July now! I'll try to remember photos etc, I did a headlight bulb in 4 Hours, so I'm not too slow! lol

Old 05-25-2024, 05:10 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Yes you can change the ac comp without taking the engine out. The cooling pack has to be removed.
My Comp, seized solid. Complete bearing collapse. It seized so tight it wouldn't let the starter turn the engine over.
iic my compressor was about £350 / £400 Last October.

Old 05-25-2024, 06:03 AM
Thanks Frank, That's what I was hoping, I've got a Fan Seized Error to look at too, even though both fans work, but easier with that lot off! :/ I just smoke tested it, into the Right Inlet Manifold, comes out under the scuttle on the passenger side, can just see a hard pipe in there, just need to find a diagram & work out how to get in there?

Old 05-25-2024, 07:06 AM
Mars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond reputeMars911 has a reputation beyond repute
Frank,

Thanks for the info.

Snotallthere

Here is the information on ITES and the Ross tech as well. These are super helpful for the older models.
Flying Spares ITEIS Software

https://www.flyingspares.com/search-results#/embedded/query=IETIS&page=1&query_name=match_and&session_id =a422b7c12c2dc20e2ff9e04de9f44e2f

Ross Tech VCDS Software (I bought the wired version but if I had to do it again, I would get the wireless one)

https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/vcds/ic/

Old 05-25-2024, 08:11 AM
Excellent thanks, I have VCDS Unlimited VINs as I use it for work too, just the ITEIS will be handy for everything else!

Old 05-26-2024, 05:08 AM
Frank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond reputeFrank ( Sunnyside ) has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mars911
Frank,

Thanks for the info.

Snotallthere

Here is the information on ITES and the Ross tech as well. These are super helpful for the older models.
Flying Spares ITEIS Software

https://www.flyingspares.com/search-results#/embedded/query=IETIS&page=1&query_name=match_and&session_id =a422b7c12c2dc20e2ff9e04de9f44e2f

Ross Tech VCDS Software (I bought the wired version but if I had to do it again, I would get the wireless one)

https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/vcds/ic/
Thanks for the info.
​​​​I have VAS PC and 2019 odis and the workshop ITEIS.

​​👍