997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Fluid Leak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-02-2013, 01:03 PM
tclayj is on a distinguished road
Fluid Leak

I have noticed a red/orange tinged fluid leak, several cc's, adjacent to the passenger front tire. The fluid is in front of the tire, appears from the wheel well and only leaks a few cc's upon parking the vehicle after my daily Saturday drive. Any ideas on what it is or on the cause ?

Old 11-02-2013, 02:22 PM
daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !daedalus Is a GOD !
coolant. maybe one of the radiator clamps is loose or worse case the radiator endtank could be leaking.

Old 11-04-2013, 07:10 AM
vinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of lightvinnycg is a glorious beacon of light
That is coolant leaking from the radiator. I had the same thing happen to me where one of my radiators had to be replaced.

-Vin

Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 AM
Jako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to beholdJako is a splendid one to behold
Get it taken care of soon especially if you have pets around the house

Old 11-04-2013, 10:04 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
Just pulled mine off the lift today. Whilst checking radiators for debris and vacuuming out as many leaves as possible I found many significant rock strikes. This could also be a source of your leak if big enough. As others posted, checking coolant lines in that area is a good idea. A few connections are accessible without removing bodywork. Please post pictures and results if you DIY your issue?

Old 03-18-2017, 02:35 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
I have exactly the same problem, I hope it is only a defective clamp. I will remove my bumper next week...

Old 03-18-2017, 02:42 PM
otoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud ofotoppero has much to be proud of
Can you take photos of your efforts and post up your results?

Look forward to seeing where your leak is coming from and how you went about the repair.

Old 03-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Carlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really niceCarlitos way is just really nice
Sure! I will let you know!

Old 03-25-2017, 07:42 PM
Here's the update, both side radiators are damaged because of all the rotten leaves, cigarettes and junk

Can't believe such expensive cars were not built with better bumper protection!

Old 03-27-2017, 09:31 AM
Quadcammer is on a distinguished road
buy the hella replacements. About $330 each

Old 03-27-2017, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Quadcammer
buy the hella replacements. About $330 each
Thanks for your advice, I juste placed my order, I'm in Canada so 443$ each, still way cheaper than OEM from my Porsche dealer!

Old 03-30-2017, 08:31 PM
What was your total time involved for dismantle?
Anything you can point out that you would do different for the next guy/gal down the line?

Old 03-31-2017, 04:18 AM
Originally Posted by otoppero
What was your total time involved for dismantle?
Anything you can point out that you would do different for the next guy/gal down the line?
I am still waiting for my new radiators, should receive them next week. I will take pictures of the process. One thing for sure is you should look at yours to see if everything is fine, removing the bumper takes only 15 minutes.

Old 07-24-2017, 07:13 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
How were the radiators you got? Where did you get them?

Old 07-24-2017, 08:26 AM
Quadcammer is on a distinguished road
I get mine at FCP euro. Lifetime replacement, $330 for the side ones or so. Although labeled Hella, they are the stock AKG units.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fluid Leak