997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

What would you do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2013, 11:19 PM
kinkkink is just really nicekinkkink is just really nicekinkkink is just really nicekinkkink is just really nice
Question What would you do?

Last edited by kinkkink; 10-12-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: ............................
Old 12-03-2013, 11:36 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Omg I would flip the F**k out! You could sue the dealer for the damages and I would bring the story to the local news station. Sorry this happend. Keep us posted on how it turns out.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:19 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
omg... i wouldve flipped **** as soon as i saw that video.. you have a lot of patience...

Old 12-04-2013, 01:56 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
First, make sure you download and save the video of them beating the snot out of your car.

Second, hire a good attorney. They will end up paying the lawyer fees anyway after they lose. This is COMPLETELY unacceptable....you are a better man than me for being as polite as you have been this far.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:28 AM
Kendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to beholdKendall993 is a splendid one to behold
Yeah I would definitely download and save the video and take as many pictures of the damage as possible. Then discuss your options with an attorney. Just curious when you spoke to the owner did you show him/her the video? What was their reaction? Also beyond the scratches what other damage was there to your car? If it was just the scratches were you hoping they would repaint the car? GL

Old 12-04-2013, 06:51 AM
kinkkink is just really nicekinkkink is just really nicekinkkink is just really nicekinkkink is just really nice

Last edited by kinkkink; 10-12-2014 at 08:15 PM. Reason: ............................
Old 12-04-2013, 10:17 AM
Thenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of lightThenewguy is a glorious beacon of light
I probably would have spoken to the mechanic first. And then the Service manager, then the owner. And at least one of those talks would have been an *** kicking, maybe more depending on their response

Old 12-04-2013, 01:20 PM
rdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to behold
This is one of those terrible things that can happen anywhere. Sadly - the dealer will do everything to reduce/eliminate their liability. Good luck. Check out this very well known BMW M5 case - car was actually wrecked by a tech during a joyride - and 16months later - a court decided the case.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...16-months.html

Old 12-04-2013, 06:13 PM
lightning4570 is a jewel in the roughlightning4570 is a jewel in the roughlightning4570 is a jewel in the rough
You need to take this story to PCNA in Atlanta. They need to know one of their dealers is allowing techs to abuse customer cars left in their care. Ridiculous.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by lightning4570
You need to take this story to PCNA in Atlanta. They need to know one of their dealers is allowing techs to abuse customer cars left in their care. Ridiculous.

I already called to put it on file with them. PCNA told me since the dealer is independent that I would need to work with them on a resolution. Didn't get anywhere with PCNA or dealer, never received any type of follow up. But I did receive a letter stating they informed the General manager of the dealership... Does Porsche not care about the customers. They sure like their customers money...

Old 12-04-2013, 06:44 PM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
FWIW about that dealer is an independent reply... I had a problem at a hotel in El Paso. I called the customer service number to complain and was told the hotel is independently owned blah blah blah. I replied that the owner's name wasn't on the hotel the name of the company I called was and I expected the service to reflect this was a national chain and not some mom and pop operated hotel in the middle of Nowhere USA.

A few minutes later the owner called and got things straightened out.

You can tell PCNA that when I read about a Porsche dealer allowing this kind of activity to take place and when I read about PCNA essentially looking the other way it causes me to reevaluate my choice of which brand of car I purchase next.

I've bought 3 Porches. Whether I buy a 4th, let alone a 5th is not chiseled in stone. Every day Porsche has to earn my trust to keep my business. Not only with how it services my cars but how it services those cars of the other owners.

Let me add I had something similar happen to my 06 GTO at a GM dealer then again at a GMC/Pontiac dealer. Shortly after the 2nd incident I traded in the car and bought another brand of car, a Porsche as it so happens, a new 08 Cayman S.

Since that incident with the GTO I have spent around $120,000 on car purchases (I bought a CPO 996 Turbo) and God only knows how much money having my 2 Porsches serviced and repaired at Porsche dealers. GM lost my business forever by the action of two of its "independent dealers".

Last edited by Macster; 12-04-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-04-2013, 08:09 PM
Mit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant futureMit_Boost has a brilliant future
Find a reputable property damage lawyer, ideally one who has litigation experience in claims against dealers, and put that evidence to work. You've clearly got a case and deserve fair compensation for the visible damage to the paint & potential damage to the motor.

Depending on how the lawyer and weighs the evidence, I'd aim for 3rd party repairs on everything covered by this dealer. Since you live in LI, NY, I'd try to have Martino Auto Concepts (Glen Cove) do the bodywork, have another respected dealer (PCNA) or mechanic do a complete engine inspection (compression test, oil analysis, etc), and pay for extended warranty coverage.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:03 PM
r_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud ofr_matt_6 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by kinkkink
I was able to download the video. It was taken offline 5 minutes after I showed up. In all honesty I wanted out of the car. Paint is the only visible damage but who knows how much they really beat on it before it was warmed up. They offered me 30k less than I paid for car 5 months ago. Plus buy a left over 2012 turbo. Would have cost me like 60k all said and done. I didnt specifically show the owner the video but I did give it to the service manager. Apparently that service manager has fired 20 year union guys for his friends to work in service once he got in that dealership. They are known to charge over book hours for repairs too. I'm sick to my stomach over this. Going to give them until Friday to make this right. They had long enough...
Post the video.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:45 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Get lawyered up, for sure.

And - go to Yelp and write a review of the dealership WITH A LINK TO THE VIDEO.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Banned
996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute996tt550hp has a reputation beyond repute
I like to see this video also.

Your going to have a lot of money in your pocket and new car when done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.