997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New Owner Sport Chrono question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:39 AM
ljpviper will become famous soon enoughljpviper will become famous soon enough
New Owner Sport Chrono question

Just picked up an 07 TT manual over the weekend. I missedone thing on pre purchase. My sport chrono is not lighting up in the night.When I hit the sport button I can feel better throttle response and thesuspension get stiffer. I need to drive the car in the daytime and see if thesport chrono is even working. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>

I just love the car it’s a night and day difference comingfrom a base Carrera.<o></o>

Sorry for the beginner Turbo questions!!!<o></o>

Old 01-20-2014, 08:43 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Welcome!

You have to activate it for it to light up. Use the bottom left lever (steering wheel). Rotate through till you get chrono and play around with it (start, stop, reset).

Old 01-20-2014, 08:50 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
If you are talking about the chrono clock, you control with the stalk and/or PCM settings. Look at your owner's manual. This is all covered in detail.

DC

Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Topher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really nice
Cool, it lights up! Lol

I guess I need to read my manual, I still haven't played with the navigation. Guess in a turbo I don't have time to read and drive

Old 01-20-2014, 10:02 AM
rdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to beholdrdrozd is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Topher
Cool, it lights up! Lol I guess I need to read my manual, I still haven't played with the navigation. Guess in a turbo I don't have time to read and drive
That's the one thing to certainly do. Take and hour and sit in the car reading the manual and executing commands on the car. Most every procedural question is addressed.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:06 AM
ljpviper will become famous soon enoughljpviper will become famous soon enough
Sport Chrono

Thanks for all the replies, I am picking up the manual tomorrow. The car also had a low battery so i was slow charging it last night. I had the battery checked at autozone and it came back good, just low.

Its strange the alternator did not charge it fully on the way back from the dealer like 20 miles.

No warranty so you always got to be a little worried. My other Carrera gave me no issues for the few years i had it, i can expect the same with this(I HOPE).

Old 01-20-2014, 11:55 AM
550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of550bryan has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by ljpviper
Thanks for all the replies, I am picking up the manual tomorrow. The car also had a low battery so i was slow charging it last night. I had the battery checked at autozone and it came back good, just low.

Its strange the alternator did not charge it fully on the way back from the dealer like 20 miles.

No warranty so you always got to be a little worried. My other Carrera gave me no issues for the few years i had it, i can expect the same with this(I HOPE).
Even though the battery checks out OK it could still be on it's last legs. In my experience batteries are only good for about 5-7 years (usually 5) and the life is shorter in the car isn't use regularly or the battery is often left to discharge. On the positive side batteries are relatively cheap and easy to replace.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:57 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
Chrono light gauge doesn't light up at night with the dash lights,you'd think it would, but what i do as it looks great lit up at night, is start the chromo & then stop it but don't reset it & it will stay lit that way every time you get in the car at night.

Old 01-20-2014, 06:59 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by therock88
If you are talking about the chrono clock, you control with the stalk and/or PCM settings. Look at your owner's manual. This is all covered in detail.

DC
Amazing bit of info......always thought the bulb was just burned out. The damn thing is next to useless anyway for DD, but you gotta have it with the sport chrono, and too looks nice sitting in middle of dash.

Last edited by johnww; 01-20-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:11 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnww
Amazing bit of info......always thought the bulb was just burned out. The damn think is next to useless anyway for DD, but you gotta have it with the sport chrono, and too looks nice sitting in middle of dash.
Agree...I think it is useless. Every once in a while , I turn it on and start it to time a trip to the store or someone's house...just because it sits there doing nothing...and I have it It is pretty much a Dash Wart as many refer to it. Only lights up if you use it.....But you gotta have it to have the Sport Chrono package...

DC

Old 01-20-2014, 08:28 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by therock88
Agree...I think it is useless. Every once in a while , I turn it on and start it to time a trip to the store or someone's house...just because it sits there doing nothing...and I have it It is pretty much a Dash Wart as many refer to it. Only lights up if you use it.....But you gotta have it to have the Sport Chrono package...

DC
I have heard there is a turbo boost gauge available that fits into that hole perfectly with chrome rim and all, but I can imagine the problems trying to exchange it for the timer that's there.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:01 PM
kpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond reputekpt6 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ljpviper

No warranty so you always got to be a little worried.
Yep, because worrying about things always helps make a difference!