997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

BACK in a Porsche - New 997 Turbo Owner!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 07:02 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
BACK in a Porsche - New 997 Turbo Owner!!!

After much searching and disappointments finally found the perfect 997.1.

Its a black 08 that I picked up from a private owner in OC / Cali with 14K miles in MINT condition! A fellow great friend and 6speedmember (Tarek307) helped me with the purchase and checking out the car prior to me flying out! Its a 6 speed with stone grey interior, alcantara sport adaptive seats (first turbo ive seen like that - very gt3), several gloss black painted interior pieces (from factory), sports chrono, etc. Already tinted the windows and added the led tail lights. Next up is wheels and springs, and a few more alcantara interior pieces. Also need to find someone in Scottsdale / Phoenix area to give her a fresh detail (recommendations anyone?)

I let go of my previous 2006 silver 911 (C2) a year ago for a better daily driver (2013 S4), and had the itch to add a 911 back to my lineup again! So the turbo will be a weekend car only. I also considered the gallardo, R8 and 991 in my search and went with a 997 turbo over all those. Now the question is where to go from here ;-)

I always felt like the base 997 was underpowered, and you really had to work to get the power out of it. The turbo has gobbles of power that comes on very strong, almost being at the point of artificial. The steering also feels heavier on the turbo , and WAY more planted (due to AWD). All in all Great car and GREAT engineering...you can definitely sense the hours of work that went in to refine every move this car makes.

***Just hoping I dont loose my license***

Anyways, here are some pix I just took (brought the wrong lens oops)...

Last edited by socialpro; 09-20-2014 at 07:16 PM.
Old 09-20-2014, 07:35 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Very nice pick-up - congrats! Beautiful car, Enjoy!!

Old 09-20-2014, 08:44 PM
Topher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really niceTopher is just really nice
I love it, I picked up a 08turbo tt less than a year ago with 14K on it. I'm loving every minute of it. I've added a Softronic upgrade, black rims, and a Kline exhaust and couldn't be happier!

Enjoy!

Old 09-20-2014, 09:07 PM
KIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to allKIRKIN is a name known to all
Very nice , enjoy

Old 09-20-2014, 09:36 PM
Yogi911 has a spectacular aura aboutYogi911 has a spectacular aura about
I really like that black center stack. Perfect with the grey interior.

Old 09-21-2014, 03:59 AM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
Nice one....congrats on the purchase, and drive safe.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:56 AM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Looks awesome. i have a leather console lid that would look great in there!

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tone-grey.html

Old 09-21-2014, 07:36 AM
ronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud ofronole has much to be proud of
Congrats! Looks great.

Old 09-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Dennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to beholdDennis C is a splendid one to behold
Congrats!

Old 09-21-2014, 10:02 AM
AZTurbo will become famous soon enough
Nice find!

Call Marcus Morton at Pit Stop Auto Detailing in Scottsdale.

(480) 584-6115

Old 09-21-2014, 10:26 AM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice... I love the alcantara inserts. Congrats!

Old 09-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Tarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond reputeTarek307 has a reputation beyond repute
Looking good! Alex asked me check this car out for him since it was not too far form me in CA, when i went to check it out i couldn't find one scratch on it- less than a week later Alex flew in, picked him up from Airport & we went and picked this beautiful unmolested pristine example up!

Old 09-22-2014, 10:19 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Great looking car! Congrats.,

Old 09-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
Congratulations and welcome Looks to be super clean from the pictures. Enjoy, and keep us updated with modifications.

Old 09-22-2014, 10:27 AM
nycgenius will become famous soon enough
Super clean!! Great choice and beautiful, congrats!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BACK in a Porsche - New 997 Turbo Owner!!!