997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

5.90sec 60-130mph Record - 997.2 Turbo - PTF protune and exhaust, pump gas

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Stage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond reputeStage7 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Bogg
I think he's explained it several times that these are "ringer" runs when a new tune is first put on. I had the same experience (but not those times!). It's not repeatable because the tune is a little aggressive and after the first run timing gets pulled....
Is that the real explanation?

Old 12-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Just reload the tune (or convert it back to stock tune first if you wish), it will be NEW tune over and over again...and the result should be reproduced 1000 times... but this isnt the situation, anyway i highly doubt that a reputable tuner will release a file that pulls a lot of timing and relies on knock sensors... above all is a pump tune !! LOL

Old 12-03-2014, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Our premise as it is with any quality tuner are consistent repeatable results. This not only includes tuning that is at MBT (with minimal to no knock sensor feedback) but also overall system efficiency while prolonging the effects of heat soak. Cobb AP provides the end user with the ability to datalog knock feedback on every cylinder individually. When a tune is overly aggressive and knocks logs tell the whole story. In fact it is THE most important parameter in our process next to fueling.

In this particular case all the data logged has been provided to us showing the car is running strong and healthy. Timing is always adjusted accordingly with other parameters and if a tuner doesn't do it in the tune then the motor takes the beating and the DME pulls timing in response to this feedback.

We can assure you that this certainly isn't how we approach tuning and isn't what is happening in this case.

Old 12-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Fadi
Just reload the tune (or convert it back to stock tune first if you wish), it will be NEW tune over and over again...and the result should be reproduced 1000 times... but this isnt the situation, anyway i highly doubt that a reputable tuner will release a file that pulls a lot of timing and relies on knock sensors... above all is a pump tune !! LOL

bingo. most peple who believe these times Fadi are the people who never posted a fast 60-130 and dont know what it takes to go THAT fast, so its just numbers on forums to them. PDK with tune and exhaust and M3 with 550 whp running in Veyron 60-130 territory makes zero sense ZERO. VTG 997 running 4.8 ( Thats almost a second faster than a Veyron!!!), Chris Greens record setting 996 runs 4.8 and thats a 1000hp car that traps 155 with a NHRA licensed driver who knows how to shift it. Most importantly it makes sense. Factor in the acceleration G "anomalies" and the fact that this is the 3rd magical "world record".....fluff fluff fluff

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 12-03-2014, 02:27 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by madsex343
Hello, sorry to quote on your post but I want to base my reply on this and it will have a more general meaning:

It is hard to believe a ONE time 5.9 from a 997.2 PDK runnnig some boost, but it is not hard to believe banned Wolfhedge's 996's stock K24 6.7 time???
It is hard to believe a one time 5.9 from a 3.8 liter DFI car at 7-10C ambient but it is ok to believe Adam's 6.5 time without a designated 60-130mph run while he we running in the dessert heat in side by side competitions heatsoaking the car to death...
It is hard to believe the 5.9 in 2015 from a modern car whose capabilities we are juist now beginning to exploit but it is ok to believe these:

5.08 - Yumaverick / 997TT / 1-shift (stock internals)
5.50 - KerCar / 997TT TIP (stock internals) Champion 68MM
5.88 - Milou / 997TT AWD TIP (stock internals) 65MM VTGs cabrio car
5.90 - Madsex343 / 997.2 TT PDK / AWD
6.02 - chkmgnt59 / 997.1 / Proto 67mm VTG / 0-shifts
6.13 - 996ttalot / AWD TIP
6.15 - DMK / RWD / 0-shifts
6.21 - K24F / 997.1 TT AWD / 0-shift
6.26 - Chinitowest / AWD / 1-shift
6.29 - Madsex343 / 997TT Tip / DE Tune+TCU (63.5 VTGs)
6.32 - Skandalis447 / AWD / 1-shift (996tt manual 575AWHP K24/18g and injectors ONLY - I was there and saw it)
6.33 - BlackHorseTurbo / RWD TIP
6.37 - Onelove / RWD / 1-shift
6.43 - Emre@ESMotor / 991 Turbo S / Headers+ X-Pipe
6.48 - Skandalis447 / 997TT AWD TIP (APR and exhaust only)
6.48 - Madsex323 / AWD / 1-shift (manual K24/18g 996tt max 575AWHP)
6.55 - Acicchelli / 997TT AWD TIP
6.60 - Adam Bowles / AWD / 1-shift
6.67 - Madsex323 / 997TT AWD / 2-shifts (manual APR/exhaust ONLY)
6.69 - Shotcaller / 997TT AWD / 1-shift
6.75 - 997John / 997TT AWD TIP
6.77 - Wolfhedge / RWD / 1-shift
6.90 - Woodtster / AWD / 2-shifts
6.94 - TTdude / 997TT AWD / 0-shifts
6.99 - Eclou / 997TT AWD / 1-shift
7.01 - Seal Grey Matte / AWD / 1-shift

I really do not understand why it is so hard to believe... Perhaps it is because I am from Greece (that I know most don't think high of).. Perhaps it is because Cobb is a newcomer in the Porsche world or perhaps and that is what I believe is most probably happening here it is until Adam with the many documented runs and accomplishments finds the right place and time and pulls a similar or lower time himself and then ALL will become believers!

Forgive me if I am wrong but wasn't it your car with the 835WHP and the 5.1 that ran very very close (for sure side by side until at least 130mph) with Adam's 6.5sec Giac 997.2PDK?
If it was not yours it was another black car with similar HP at an event a while ago...

I will end the story here... I am not interested to convince anyone. The time is legit... Maybe it will be repeated - maybe not! I will not play detective and analyse and decipher each and every time on this list to see what happened. Whoever choses to believe it it will be his gain... as was with the APR a few years back... and only "recently" Chris from USP proved us Greeks right when he did his own testing in his yellow 997tt!
997.2 PDK is a very potent car for a simple tune/exhaust combo - far more potent than 997.1 with similar mods ever was...

And a final comment for whoever is interested - peak HP is not the only thing when doing streetruns and even more 60-130mph... Torque plays a significant role and area under the curve, gearing, and shift speed (if there are any shifts that is ofcourse) are most important! Yes 835WHP vs 600WHP is a big difference, but so is 5.1 to 5.9 and also so is shifting manually (believe me I can do 0.2sec shifts) vs pdk and either way after 130mph your car would disappear in the horizon from mine... There at these speeds HP plays a mucho importante role my friend.

Sorry for all the drama the thread created. If anyone is offended or thinks that I lie for any reason or anything pls take the whole thing down... Sooner or later someone (or even I ) will do another similar or even better run and the truth will shine.

Regards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVBp...ature=youtu.be

Go to the 4:42 mark and you will see me race Adam when he had similar mods that you do. That's a lot bigger than .8 of a sec 60-130 dif.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:53 PM
ek121 is on a distinguished road
this a video of my fullllll bolt on with 68mm champion turbos custom giac tune and the all 9 yards .in this video i still do not have meth.

after meth i saw twice 5.6 one 5.7 and most of times 6.1.

my car was running 23 lbs of boost no more!!!!
and was making 625 whp 1,2,3 gear and 657 whp 4,5 gear and thats the only way i ran 9's all day at 138 mph.

you can take from that what ever you want. but 5.9 is not world record for 997.2 pdk.

Last edited by ek121; 12-03-2014 at 08:56 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 04:42 AM
madsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant future
Good afternoon to everyone!
Pls take it easy guys...
I will repeat the time as soon as possible! The weather here got tropical on us with rains, wind and 22C temps!
We are finalizing the tune with Dzenno and Mitch and will do a couple of runs for everyone here (we have ran out nitrous here in Greece at the moment and I am waiting for a fresh import... )

I can honestly understand any doubts from anyone but what I can not understand are the personal assualts and the sheer negativity from some without even giving any chance whatsoever...
In fact I am very impressed by the 5.6 times claimed by EK121 and I had heard of them prior to him posting them here and I was sure they were legit! Because I am not blind and I know what this car is able to do.
A full stock motor as fragile as it is believed to be with VAST fuel limitations at 650WHP runs 9's and 138mph and steady (which means possibly even lower) 5.6sec 60-130mph even though with "miracle" 68mm and some here are still hang up with the 6sec Veyron territory time my car (that in respect could very well be 600WHP) run...
I guess Ek121's time is not Veyron territory time or a multi high mega whp 997-996 tuned time right? Nor is Adam's car Veyron territory with the 0.5sec difference from my time that he did (by the way why is it not verified here and in the list? ) or the 0.4-0.5 from my time that a good tuned Stage 2 manual 997.1 car could pull or even Wolfhedge's car with 0.6sec difference from my car that he recorded in a manual 996tt with stock K24's right?
Nooooo sir.... Only my time is ridiculous and propostrous and irritating and a lie!!! Every other (very close) time on "lesser" cars or lower time on slighlty more powerfull cars like EK121 are all ok and in Veyron territory except my made-up cheating lying sack of.... time that I used nitrous to achieve...
You do realize how hypocrites are some here right?

If I was on a different more popular tune everyting would fly I guess but straying from the norms and beeing a "foreigner" (let alone a lying Greek) raises some serious flags I guess.

For the last time if Adam's time (given his setup and run conditions) is correct and achievable and if EK121's time is correct and achievable then so is a 5.9-6.2 sec record/best run in this car! End of story!
Now go ahead and put nitrous pictures and joke and laugh all you want... It is not even possible to have a civil discussion with some in here as they use whatever data suits their needs, while disregarding others at will.
Time will be repeated as soon as possible!
In fact I will try to repeat it with a friends car here as well who is currently working on a different tune to show you what these cars can do. We will record the runs, we will sent you the datalogs, we will get the atmoshperic pressure at the time and get a TUV certification for the run.. But after all this I expect the same for every single vbox admission that has been verified in the list (what is the purpose of sending files for verification to the mod if we are all not equal and if we do not believe him?) or otherwise I will consider some here to be at least biased (I do not want to use a more strong word here)...

P.S. By the way I do not see ANYONE commenting yet on the 2 other runs I posted of 6.5sec (yes 2 runs with 1 day difference) with less boost when I initially got my Cobb and exhaust! These were suspicious as well I guess right? Small shot there or what?

Old 12-04-2014, 04:51 AM
madsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant futuremadsex343 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ek121
this a video of my fullllll bolt on with 68mm champion turbos custom giac tune and the all 9 yards .in this video i still do not have meth.12 turbo s 60-130 6.1 sec 2 pass - YouTube

after meth i saw twice 5.6 one 5.7 and most of times 6.1.

my car was running 23 lbs of boost no more!!!!
and was making 625 whp 1,2,3 gear and 657 whp 4,5 gear and thats the only way i ran 9's all day at 138 mph.
2012 porsche 911 turbo s pdk by champion motors 9.9 1/4 mile - YouTube

you can take from that what ever you want. but 5.9 is not world record for 997.2 pdk.
I believe you my friend and in fact I believe you can go even lower on single "good" run... I mentioned before that I had heard of these times and never once questioned them as I know what the platform is capable of...
As far as the record you are correct you have it! I do not think Dzenno mentioned it was a world record (I sure did not) and if he did he was probably not aware of your times... even on 68mm it does not matter to me! You are the record holder for PDK at the moment
Congrats

P.S. Dzenno said record probably because until now I can not see another car in the list below 7sec (let alone 6sec)... neither Adam's nor yours! So he meant 6speed list record... For all we know there might be someone somewhere out there running 4's in the PDK - the world is a very big place and one thing is for sure:
There will always be someone faster than all of us...

Old 12-04-2014, 04:53 AM
Originally Posted by dynamic gt2
Guys,trust me stop this discussion.it is a waste of time.
Care to share with us a graph of your 60-130mph on your Proto Turbo S? I have been meaning to ask for quite some time in fact as it is yours, and correct me if I am wrong pls, the car that has "destroyed" all competition in the area no?

Many thanks

Old 12-04-2014, 05:09 AM
LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !LostMarine Is a GOD !
Im confused, your explanation that your unbelievable times, are legit, because faster cars/more powerful cars run slower 60-130's than your less powerful car on equal elevation change runs?

Old 12-04-2014, 07:28 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
No one has attacked Cobb or you personally. I believe Cobb/PTF can tune a car as well as anyone but when your car is .5-.6 faster than the same year car with more mods (Full intercooler setup) it makes you wonder what the difference is because there isnt that big of a difference between the top tuners.

Add to that, the fact that this is the third platform you have done this with and you have to understand the skepticism.

Last edited by 93ls1rx7; 12-04-2014 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
I guess Ek121's time is not Veyron territory time or a multi high mega whp 997-996 tuned time right? Nor is Adam's car Veyron territory with the 0.5sec difference from my time that he did (by the way why is it not verified here and in the list? )
yes.

because you posted a time half a second faster than fast well sorted cars with exhaust that still has cats in it and factory coolers lol.

cry all you want you are not even reading the responses people write to you. Ek121 car ran 5.9-6.1 consistently and only ran 5.6-5.7 once or twice and yes that makes sense. As I mentioned earlier .2-.3 on freak run once in a while can happen. .6-.7 is a different territory

what you are saying is that your car can run 6.0s like EK121s car with a full champion outfit of mods and upgraded turbos???? STOPPPP that makes zero sense ...... MUCH like your M3 time makes ZERO sense .... much like your 4.8 VTG time.... all are BOGUS

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 12-04-2014, 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
No one has attacked Cobb or you personally. I believe Cobb/PTF can tune a car as well as anyone but when your car is .5-.6 faster than the same year car with more mods (Full intercooler setup) it makes you wonder what the difference is because there isnt that big of a difference between the top tuners.

Add to that, the fact that this is the third platform you have done this with and you have to understand the skepticism.
I do understand the scepticism ofcourse... I do not want anyone to believe anything... What I do not undrstand is why you (not only you ofcourse) keep insisting that a) Longboarder's time is the absolute best he could achieve (even he has told me it is not and that given the right conditions it can drop a lot) and b) that Longboarders car is so superior to mine??? I also have Xpipe with 100cell exhaust (he has 200cell cats) and 2bar map sensors and yes I do not have IPD plenum (I had in my other car and it was a bit more pleasant but nothing drastic) nor coolers, which I think only shine on repeated and perhpas longer than 130mph pulls! For 1 single pull to 130mph in 7C stock 997.2 (GT2RS) coolers are more than enough IMHO!
To answer your other question about the 0.5 between tunes, I have seen much more than that over the years, but I am with you on the fact that GIAC is indeed one of the TOP tuners and I do not attribute this time difference to the tune... without that however to mean that there is NO difference between them... perhaps Giac tune is even stronger, but Longboarder did not yet have the opportunity to do a "clean" pull...

Originally Posted by prodigymb
yes.

because you posted a time half a second faster than fast well sorted cars with exhaust that still has cats in it and factory coolers lol.

cry all you want you are not even reading the responses people write to you. Ek121 car ran 5.9-6.1 consistently and only ran 5.6-5.7 once or twice and yes that makes sense. As I mentioned earlier .2-.3 on freak run once in a while can happen. .6-.7 is a different territory

what you are saying is that your car can run 6.0s like EK121s car with a full champion outfit of mods and upgraded turbos???? STOPPPP that makes zero sense ...... MUCH like your M3 time makes ZERO sense .... much like your 4.8 VTG time.... all are BOGUS
I replied the fact about the exhaust and the coolers and Adam's car above. Pls read it.
No one is crying here my friend... well maybe you and a couple of others (still trying to figure out why, but then again I am not into politics and agendas) but not me... I assure you I am laughing
So to copy your words our differnce/dispute is about the extra 0.3sec that in your opinion separate the 6.5 Longboarder time (6.2 if he gets his best run as per your estimation) to the 5.9 my vbox recorded right? If it was 6.2 it would be ok with you? But 0.3 down (ANYTHING could have happened to go down 0.3 to ANY car - hell a decline has an even more devastating effect than 0.3 depending on the car) and it is nitrous, lie, bogus etc...
And pls for the love of God... Stop quoting the M3 time from 3 years ago... or the 4.8 time... You could have cried back then about that!
Here we are discussing (welll not all of us) about 997.2PDK time and your points keep getting weaker and weaker old chap...

Back in 2011 I remember Scott (divexxtreme) pulling a 7 sec 60-130mph in his 2010GTR with only a tune and midpipe!!!! Well I can assure everyone that 997.2PDK like mine or Adam's or anyone's actually at a similar stage is much much faster in a 60-130mph streetrace than 0.5-0.7 or 1 sec!

And by the way what responses is it that I do not read from people? If it is someone in here who does not read responses and chooses to reply selectively to whatever he wants it is you... 2 I repeat 2 repeated runs (24 hrs differece) in 6.5 with less boost that I still got no comments about!! What exactly do you call that?

Old 12-04-2014, 08:38 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
This thread has taken a direction that really wasn't intended and if there is one thing we don't appreciate at all discussing is what some refer to as bench racing.

However, I do think if one is capable of ignoring the past for this user and solely focus on 1) numbers posted 2) what the above GIAC modified car posted for apparently 24psi peak on the 68mm VTGs, I am personally led to believe that a 997.2 turbo pdk car can pull low 6sec 60-130mph times provided a few things are done right and here is the reasoning:

- We have shown with our shop's manual transmission 997.1 a time of 7.1-7.2 seconds on pump gas on both a relative flat level surface and some decline. Unfortunately with the OEM clutch slipping we couldn't improve that time further but a faster time certainly was in there with a little more attention to detail with simply things such as having a close to empty gas tank instead of 3/4 full and cooler weather such as how it is right now. The most important and key power mods on the car to achieve these times from what we've seen on the dyno were a high flow exhaust and a pair of "OEM" 997.2 turbo intercoolers that came off of our 997.2 Turbo test car to prevent heat soak at higher boost levels.

- Now, HAD our car been a 997.1 tip car, same mods, and ran the same tune the same tune in the same weather due to no boost dropout and keeping acceleration through the shift it could've ran at least 0.3 seconds faster consistently and that is conservatively speaking, maybe even 0.5secs than our manual bringing a 997.1 exhaust+OEM 997.2 intercooler+tune on pump gas time very close to mid 6 in ideal conditions record runs. It'd definitely be a high 6sec 60-130 car.

- If you can see the above than taking that a step further and looking at a 997.2 with PCCB brakes and a PDK transmission. 997.2 from the factory already has the intercoolers the above 997.1 car ran so we can leave that alone and not upgrade it for the power levels the car is making. Exhaust wise a higher flowing (100cell vs. OEM 600 cell) will flow far better and probably be within 10-15whp at best from a full decat exhaust at these power levels. Now with the 997.2 pdk car you've got everything you've had on the 997.1 but you've got a PDK transmission virtually eliminating shift lag. That on its own would bring our time to mid 6s without even considering the gearing advantages on the PDK vs. a manual 6 speed in the 997.1. PDK as many have realized and posted about on this forum makes up for a good chunk of power when comparing timed acceleration results with cars putting down 150-200whp more with manual transmissions that typically have quite a bit taller gearing and boost/acceleration dropouts through the shifts.

- 997.2 OEM VTGs are ALSO an upgrade over the OEM 997.1 VTG turbos. They flow better due to their clipped turbine side. Motor is also more efficient at making power due to direct injection and slightly better flowing heads (leaving the strength of the motor internals aside as that's not related to this discussion as both cars can make these power levels without any motor internals issues).

- Even PCCB rotors will also introduce an acceleration advantage over a 997.1 car running OEM steel rotors as they're unsprung/rotating mass.

If you've gotten to hear reading through this you can start to imagine how/why a 997.2 PDK turbo car with simply a high flowing exhaust, good octane and appropriate tuning can and should be able to easily run a mid 6sec 60-130 time all day every day and why it'll be considerably faster than a manual 997.1 turbo car with less modifications.

None of what I wrote here is to confirm anything about anyone's vbox time including the one posted in this thread. This post is just a summary of our findings while tuning this platform and what we've seen to make sense.

Take all of that now, push the turbos a little harder add some more timing via added fueling with say meth injection and I see no reason why a 997.2 pdk turbo car with just a high flow exhaust will run consistent low 6 times any day any weather. If one tries to maximize that further, finds a perfect negative slope, negative DA, drops their fuel tank down to the minimum you can see how things can get very interesting with the vbox out there depending on how far in detail you go.

We didn't even mention a slight tail wind My point is these times can be done. Were they done in this case and with madsex343's car that's clearly debatable given what's been discussed in the 5 pages of this thread, but, it CAN certainly make sense.

I'd love to continue discussing validity or invalidity of results posted but not in the sense of who they're coming from but purely from the performance point of view given what is well known on this platform and given the verified results posted by other than madsex343.

Have a great Thursday everyone and I can't wait for the weekend. Holiday party tomorrow night, time to bust out the moves! LOL

Old 12-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
... well maybe you and a couple of others (still trying to figure out why, but then again I am not into politics and agendas) but not me...
you got me. my agenda is to call out you fraud 60-130 times lol...

And pls for the love of God... Stop quoting the M3 time from 3 years ago... or the 4.8 time... You could have cried back then about that!
yes that would help you save face if i stopped pointing out how you did the same type of cheating previously right and this is not the first time you set a magic "world record" ?

Here we are discussing (welll not all of us) about 997.2PDK time and your points keep getting weaker and weaker old chap...
actually my point hasnt changed: your M3, 997.1 and 997.2 times are bogus

Back in 2011 I remember Scott (divexxtreme) pulling a 7 sec 60-130mph in his 2010GTR with only a tune and midpipe!!!! Well I can assure everyone that 997.2PDK like mine or Adam's or anyone's actually at a similar stage is much much faster in a 60-130mph streetrace than 0.5-0.7 or 1 sec!
this proves nothing

What exactly do you call that?

Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
I'd love to continue discussing validity or invalidity of results posted but not in the sense of who they're coming from but purely from the performance point of view given what is well known on this platform and given the verified results posted by other than madsex343.
i'm done here. just for the record i have never ever called anyone out on a fake 60-130 until now and i have seen some questionable stuff but it was close enough to pass. especially when you factor in his G spikes that i have never encountered in over 6 years playing with VBOX on cars that are faster than his. i have nothing against PTF whatsoever, and I think as you do more of these .1s and .2s and 60-130 test them you will also see what i am talking about here.

Last edited by Mark @ AIM Performance; 12-04-2014 at 08:49 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 5.90sec 60-130mph Record - 997.2 Turbo - PTF protune and exhaust, pump gas