997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Special on Alpha 9 for 997.1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 01:58 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Special on Alpha 9 for 997.1

Happy New Year!!

We want to start this year strong and I know you want to have one of the fastest cars on the streets/track. So lets make it happen!!

ALPHA 9

Alpha 9 is going to be one of the best, if not the best power package you can get for your 997.1.

Here is what we are talking about:

*Over 800hp on pump fuel
*Two fuel maps, one for race fuel one for pump fuel (you can have your cake and eat it)
*Better than OEM boost response
*Painless installation which is completely reversible back to stock
*Large, bolt on Garrett based ball bearing turbochargers with advanced geometry billet aluminum compressor wheels
*5.5" thick intercooler cores with smooth transition cast end tanks.

What you need to know:

Clutch/flywheel is required to be upgraded with the kit. The stock clutch is not going to be able to hold the amount of trq your car will produce.

You don't have to upgrade the stock exhaust system but we do recommend it.

All the hardware, and all the necessary upgrades to your fuel system are provided for a painless installation.

No cutting, hacking, bending is needed for installation.

This kit is capable of a 9's run in 1/4 mile.

Package includes:

*TiAL Bolt on, Ball bearing turbochargers with advanced geometry billet aluminum compressor wheels
*Greddy electronic boost controller
*5.5” thick high flow intercoolers with smooth cast endtanks
*4 ply reinforced silicone turbo discharge pipes
*Steel wire reinforced silicone turbo inlet pipes
*Cast Y pipe with smooth merge
*Carbon fiber upper intercooler ducts
*Line hardware and fittings
*Heavy Duty Injectors

SPECIAL PRICING FOR 6SPEED MEMBERS!!!!
PM me or email me at Leo@vividracing.com
Direct line: 480 966 3040 ext 246
Don't miss out

Old 01-08-2015, 10:19 AM
kchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond reputekchu221 has a reputation beyond repute
can you please pm a price shipped to 90503?

Old 01-08-2015, 11:32 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
What flashing device and hardware come with the package?

Old 01-08-2015, 12:45 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Last I knew it was EPL tuning.

Old 01-08-2015, 12:56 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
What flashing device and hardware come with the package?
The kit doesn't come with the tune. We recommend going with the Cobb Accessport, which I'm doing a special on both. Send me a pm or email for more info.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:01 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rix
Last I knew it was EPL tuning.
We did the developmental work for AMS on the original car (the car in the video's above is EPL tuned) and have tuned many others. You can buy the kit from AMS with no tune, our tune or a Cobb AP.

Old 01-08-2015, 01:19 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zybane
Tony could you elaborate on your work with AMS for the package? Do you mean you helped develop the hardware, tune, or both? Isn't AMS very capable of tuning cars themselves?
Software/Tuning only. While AMS tunes many european cars themselves, I have worked with them on the 996 and 997 platforms.

Old 01-08-2015, 02:23 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Vendors should not be posting in other vendors threads...if you have info use pm

Old 01-09-2015, 04:57 AM
TwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud ofTwinTurboM3 has much to be proud of
how reliable is the engine at over 800 bhp?

I have nothing against the kit but I doubt the engine will last long enough under 800 + hp.
Are there any long-term tests? 40.000 mile or 50.000 mile tests made with this 800 + kit?

Old 01-09-2015, 05:02 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
I dont think anyone believes that this kit without connecting rods will live forever at 800+hp. You have to understand the risks if you want to turn the wick up.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:07 AM
Former Vendor
The engine is very reliable with the correct tuning. You will have to worry about your clutch more than you have to worry about the engine , actually you need to have an upgraded clutch when you install the kit.

I don't know the exact amount of miles that AMS had their car tested for but they're saying its very reliable. Remember that AMS also has the Alpha10 kit and that is another beast.

If you want to be safe and your going to beat on your car, then just like 93ls1rx7 said, upgrade the connecting rods.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:19 AM
Banned
IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !IMI A Is a GOD !
Should be sold with the rods and tune IMO. Would be much more popular on that basis. I'd be too scared to use this kit without a built engine. Beautiful package though I have to say particularly the intercooler housing and pipe work. Very neat indeed.

Old 01-09-2015, 11:49 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by IMI A
Should be sold with the rods and tune IMO. Would be much more popular on that basis. I'd be too scared to use this kit without a built engine. Beautiful package though I have to say particularly the intercooler housing and pipe work. Very neat indeed.
I'm doing the special for the kit and the tune, but you have the choice to either get the EPL tune or Cobb tune. If you want neither, then you just buy the kit and get a custom tune. Some people already have their own tunes.

AMS didn't see the need of having the rods as an upgrade for the kit, but we can get them for you as well.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:33 PM
yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !yumaverick Is a GOD !
When we opened up my motor when I was 800+ my rods were bent.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:42 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by yumaverick
When we opened up my motor when I was 800+ my rods were bent.
That's good to know for all future customers. So lets make sure to add rods to the list.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Special on Alpha 9 for 997.1