997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Front Lip Options?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 09:05 AM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Bogg
it says these are for 2009-2012, any reason it wouldn't work on a 2007?
The description is inaccurate. I bought mine from 4caroption, and it fit my 2008 perfectly. The picture shown is also of a 997.1TT.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:26 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Tom@Champion
It definitely provides the downforce...we've tested it. The price also takes into consideration that it's 100% carbon fiber...no plastic or fiberglass at all. The only parts of that are not carbon are the two aluminum skid plates we attach to the under side to protect it against scraping. As for the height of it...believe it or not, at its lowest point (which is the two sides), it's only 1/2" lower then the standard factory TT spoiler. Nick's case was a bit of a bummer because he has such a low driveway.

Tom I really don't understand why you guys don't make this out of plastic or whatever the GT2 RS front lip is made from.

You guys have the best looking lip on the market. And for those who want to pay 2k for a carbon fiber lip it's the best.

But there are a lot of us who don't want to spend 2k on a lip that may very well get f**ked up. But there is a huge market for your lip if it was the same material as the GT2 RS lip.

Honestly at 200-400 I'd buy your lip every year if it got messed up.

Old 04-05-2015, 11:33 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by swc
Great choice! Personally painted aerokit lip from ebay is the way to go.
Your sig says GT2 spoiler. Is it the actual one or a replica? Can you take a picture?

Old 04-06-2015, 09:31 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
See post 42 - if it fits 08 it will fit 07.
thanks. I did see that post. I see that there are multiple listings for this part and they all have the same "description" which means that it is probably a bunch of "shell" companies selling the piece. I was trying to get it shipped to Buffalo where I have other things being shipped but unfortunately they all only accept Paypal via Ebay checkout so I may just have to get it shipped up here. I don't want to make any mistakes ordering it since the shipping cost is high and I don't want to have to return it.

Old 04-06-2015, 09:32 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by kwiksilver
The description is inaccurate. I bought mine from 4caroption, and it fit my 2008 perfectly. The picture shown is also of a 997.1TT.
that's what I figured. thanks

Old 04-06-2015, 10:00 AM
Banned
turbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to beholdturbofever is a splendid one to behold
my turbo has the factory aerokit, unfortunately the front lip was beat up and i just cant justify the $900 oem replacement cost.... ebay here i come!

if it was a part that did not get ripped to shreds on a daily basis the value would make perfect sense.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:06 AM
rj5620 is on a distinguished road
New 2011 997.2 TTS owner here. Dealer is replacing OEM lip for me. I think my car is stock with respect to suspension rims/tires. I don't track, so was wondering where or how everyone's lip is getting messed up. I want to be protective of this new lip.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:36 AM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rj5620
New 2011 997.2 TTS owner here. Dealer is replacing OEM lip for me. I think my car is stock with respect to suspension rims/tires. I don't track, so was wondering where or how everyone's lip is getting messed up. I want to be protective of this new lip.
My car is lowered with KW coilovers and I scrape a little every time I back out of my driveway.
It scrapes a little all the time when pulling out of parking lots as well.

Old 04-07-2015, 05:48 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by rj5620
Driveway entrances are the enemy.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:02 PM
twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !twturbo Is a GOD !
And those pesky parking blocks ,it's amazing how many times i hit one of these while trying to leave plenty of room to not hit it,parking sensors on the front would be more useful than the rear imo.

Old 04-09-2015, 04:03 AM
TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !TheInfamousDrew Is a GOD !
**PSA**

Wanted to give an update on these.
I received one, fitment was "ok" but the finish was crap. I sanded and painted it.
That made it look a bit better.
However, when installing it, the lip cracked a little on the bottom under the car. No big deal, I epoxied it and thought nothing of it. Well, that crack grew and was then visible from the front.

I messaged the seller on eBay, and after a few messages and phone calls, they shipped out a new one at no charge.

New one arrived yesterday and it's like night and day!
The new one is perfect. The fitment is 100% better and the finish is flawless.

I assume they have different manufactures for these as there is a clear difference in quality. Also, the new one came with a different hardware package.

Happy buyer now.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:16 PM
lightning4570 is a jewel in the roughlightning4570 is a jewel in the roughlightning4570 is a jewel in the rough
Further installation tips

Bought the Ebay version ($103 shipped) and have a couple points to add about the installation.
1. Raising the car isn't necessary unless you can't get a Torx underneath to remove the 2 screws (one per side near forward wheel arch). There's nothing to see from underneath other than that, since the front lip actually mounts into a 1/8" slot on the front near the bottom of the nose (see top picture).
2. Since the lip is held in place by several tabs, and I wasn't too thrilled about attempting the "out and up" pull recommendation from earlier posts, I used one of those blue trim tools -- sourced from Suncoast -- to insert between the lip and nose, allowing me to pull straight forward.
3. If my experience is typical, the 6 in the front center come out easily, but the 2 outermost on each end were a bear.
4. For the install, I used a bit of EVOO to lube the tabs and make them slide in easier. (Any lube would do, probably not necessary but doesn't hurt either.)
5. I'm not sure if this is the "new normal" for the manufacturer, but I note that the lip came in a flat black identical to what we already have in the radiator grilles -- so no sanding or plastidip was necessary.
6. Overall I'm happy with the product and it's a simple install, so I'm ordering a spare.
Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0106.JPG
Views:	50
Size:	397.7 KB
ID:	431631   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0108.JPG
Size:	636.9 KB
ID:	431632   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0110.JPG
Size:	920.0 KB
ID:	431633  
Old 10-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Gotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to beholdGotgolf52 is a splendid one to behold
Nice write up. Thank you
FYI - GT3TEK are making turbo front lip with polyutharane material and same style as techart

Old 11-01-2015, 01:32 AM
Franc01 has a spectacular aura aboutFranc01 has a spectacular aura about
To lightning4570, do you have a link for which vendor you purchased that lip from? I have a Guards Red cab and that lip looks great on the red. Mine is currently painted red but the bottom front edge has been "shaved" to black b/c of the H&R springs versus many driveways/parking lot ramps!

Thx,
Franc

Old 11-01-2015, 06:18 AM
lightning4570 is a jewel in the roughlightning4570 is a jewel in the roughlightning4570 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Gotgolf52. Hopefully the task is much clearer now with the top picture showing what's behind the curtain.

Franc01, PM'd you the vendor name, since I'm not clear on the forum rules. GL with the search. Glad to see they've corrected the too shiny finish on earlier examples (the spots on the installed lip are where I spilled the olive oil.)

I have the Bilstein Damptronics & Tarrett links installed, resulting in about a 1" drop, and had been testing that setup for awhile before installing the new lip. Still, it's a disposable part if it grows rash over time.

Last edited by lightning4570; 11-01-2015 at 05:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Front Lip Options?