997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Real world thought about the BBI Clutch Slave?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2015, 04:30 AM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
Real world thought about the BBI Clutch Slave?

My clutch slave is on its way out ... I'm curious if any of you guys got the BBI Clutch Slave installed in their car ...

Just curious what your thoughts are. My car is a DD so I'm a bit apprehensive in doing the full GT2 conversion.

Also, I was told that the BBI Clutch Slave sits between the OEM 997TT and GT2 in terms of pedal stiffness ...

Would appreciate it if anyone can chime in.

Old 08-12-2015, 08:27 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Saint Ari
Also, I was told that the BBI Clutch Slave sits between the OEM 997TT and GT2 in terms of pedal stiffness ...
there are two things that impact pedal stiffness

1. the pressure plate in your clutch kit
2. the use of hydraulic assist ( you either use it or you don't )

i am not sure how stiffness can be "inbetween" anything, both BBi and GT2 do not use hydraulic assist. Keeping your pressure plate same, do the math. BBi looks like a nice piece and is definitely easier to install than a full conversion tho..

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 08-12-2015, 09:04 AM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
Also the size of the piston in the slave..

IMO, based on my stock slave.. I would want a larger piston on the slave.. should reduce force on the pedal, and increase the distance I have to push the pedal, making the engagement window larger.

But the hyd assist might be buffering what is really going on.

I ****ing hate the stock stuff, clutch is hard to drive. on/off

Old 08-12-2015, 10:07 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jordonmusser

I ****ing hate the stock stuff, clutch is hard to drive. on/off
I wish I had the stock pedal feel

Old 08-12-2015, 10:08 AM
jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !jordonmusser Is a GOD !
Stock yes.. After market clutch with stock hyd.. No.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:09 AM
vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !vr6tee Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jordonmusser
Stock yes.. After market clutch with stock hyd.. No.
I'm going to do something about the clutch come winter when the engine/trans are out. I'm not sure what yet, but it has to change.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:20 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
I have a hard time understanding $1,000 for a slave cylinder.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:39 PM
Saint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud ofSaint Ari has much to be proud of
I was thinking either that or just replacing the OEM 997 TT clutch slave. But yeah $1000 is a bit steep.

Old 08-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
My clutch slave is on its way out ... I'm curious if any of you guys got the BBI Clutch Slave installed in their car ...

Just curious what your thoughts are. My car is a DD so I'm a bit apprehensive in doing the full GT2 conversion.

Would appreciate it if anyone can chime in.
This is going to be one of my future mods...can you please explain how you know that slave is giving out...this could be my next mod...

Old 08-12-2015, 07:40 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
I have the BBi piece on order and i am expecting it to arrive hopefully in the next week or two - once i have it, i will provide my thoughts on it and how it compares to the stock set-up.

I agree with others - the stock set-up is just terrible IMO... Great for marketing and mass appeal, but think it is extremely lacking for the enthusiast - the vagueness of the pedal is just not right in a car like this.

Old 08-12-2015, 09:36 PM
rix
rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !rix Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Kricci
I agree with others - the stock set-up is just terrible IMO... Great for marketing and mass appeal, but think it is extremely lacking for the enthusiast - the vagueness of the pedal is just not right in a car like this.
Definitely, but $1,000 for a chunk of aluminum? Really?

I *love* BBI, but man...

Old 08-12-2015, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by rix
Definitely, but $1,000 for a chunk of aluminum? Really?

I *love* BBI, but man...
Word.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by Kricci
I have the BBi piece on order and i am expecting it to arrive hopefully in the next week or two - once i have it, i will provide my thoughts on it and how it compares to the stock set-up.

Yeah would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
can you please explain how you know that slave is giving out...

Started with clutch pedal hitting the floor, had it bled, good for a almost a year ... then floor again, the pentosin cap in the frunk kinda became an oblong, so it wont seal properly, got a new cap. Then pentosin started to come out of the engine bay. Indy confirms its on its way out.

Oh and btw, clutch started to slip on sport mode + Cobb.

Old 08-12-2015, 10:41 PM
rix
Started with clutch pedal hitting the floor, had it bled, good for a almost a year ... then floor again, the pentosin cap in the frunk kinda became an oblong, so it wont seal properly, got a new cap. Then pentosin started to come out of the engine bay. Indy confirms its on its way out.

Oh and btw, clutch started to slip on sport mode + Cobb.
Yeah, the clutch on the 997TT was definitely engineered to be the weakest thing in the chain. Just a 93 octane flash and it's done.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Real world thought about the BBI Clutch Slave?