997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

proTUNING Freaks - Acceleration demo 997.1 Turbo - Tial Alpha 3076 project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 03:33 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
proTUNING Freaks - Acceleration demo 997.1 Turbo - Tial Alpha 3076 project

Over the last while many people have sent in emails asking about performance and tuning on our shop's 997.1 turbo inquiring on acceleration, lag with the turbo, etc. Here are some quick multi-gear WOT pulls captured via a GoPro mounted on the steering wheel.

Excuse the Aquamist gauge lighting up when meth starts to flow and the TPMS warning

For details on modifications and tuning check out this thread:
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...6-project.html

Old 10-02-2015, 08:15 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Wow, that is quick! nice work.

Old 10-03-2015, 09:40 AM
jazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to beholdjazz997tt is a splendid one to behold
Holy crap!! This should be R rated content haha so much awesome right there you guys have created a beast! At this point I am pretty sure I want this. Might get this done through winter actually hmmm decisions decisions!

Old 10-03-2015, 10:41 AM
w00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to beholdw00zy is a splendid one to behold
Fast car!
Thats a weird place to put the aquamist gauge. It would drive me mad.

Old 10-03-2015, 12:17 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mcoupe mus
Car is flying!

Are you running 19's?

I want to know as well, how the hell he is hooking up in 2nd, with that power in such cold weather!

Tell us your secrets now!

Old 10-03-2015, 01:12 PM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute
What's you Rev limiter set to?

Old 10-03-2015, 08:09 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
I want to know as well, how the hell he is hooking up in 2nd, with that power in such cold weather!

lol. so true about the cold weather. In my car with waaaay less power I was afraid to stomp in 2nd gear and even 3rd gear was a bit scary.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:55 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Obb
Super badass! It just keeps pulling, 4th gear acceleration almost looks like 3rd! Do you have an external mic for the gopro?
Thanks Obb. No external mic unfortunately but I'm thinking of grabbing a Hero 4 black with external mic support soon.

Originally Posted by The Bogg
Wow, that is quick! nice work.
Thanks Asher.

Originally Posted by jazz997tt
Holy crap!! This should be R rated content haha so much awesome right there you guys have created a beast! At this point I am pretty sure I want this. Might get this done through winter actually hmmm decisions decisions!
Tires are R rated and they are barely doing their thing in these temps

Originally Posted by w00zy
Fast car!
Thats a weird place to put the aquamist gauge. It would drive me mad.
Thanks w00zy. Definitely not my favourite spot for the gauge at all. I didn't want to take the chrono out to run the gauge. I like that useless chrono dial a lot for some reason, don't ask

Originally Posted by mcoupe mus
Car is flying!

Are you running 19's?
Thanks mcoupe mus. Yes, Champion Motorsport RG5B 19s on Pirelli Trofeo Rs.

Originally Posted by Bobbyfali

I put some heat in them just before these vids. Its definitely not happening on your first pull or second in these temps.

Originally Posted by roncooper
What's you Rev limiter set to?
Car's been at 7300rpm for a long time without any issues. Its been bumped to 7600rpm for the last 8000 km and hasn't had any issues at all. No intention of going higher.

Dzenno@PTF