997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

704HP/691ft/lbs 997.1 Cabriolet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 03:47 PM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute
704HP/691ft/lbs 997.1 Cabriolet

Well boys the numbers are in, these 65mm VTG turbos are legit. I wanted to thank Sam for the top shelf parts and super clean maps. Also thanks to Cobb the Accessport and support is second to none.

The process developing the maps via street tuning for both 93 oct and E85 then polishing up on the dyno was very enjoyable due to the superior support from Sam and his guys. To put things in perspective my street tune on four revisions of that map yielded 687hp, that's how dialed in these guys are reviewing logs and making adjustments. I made 4 passes on the dyno one of which was to backup the number.

The car feels great and its super smooth. I couldn't imagine driving a stock 997.1TT again.

Thanks again Sam and the guys at Cobb.

Attached Files
Old 10-02-2015, 04:47 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Awesome to work with you Ron. Always an added bonus to give back to the guys that protect us! Congratulations on meeting your goal with the car. Remember the first conversation?...I am so glad all the efforts came together so well. Guys Ron turned every wrench himself and logged, tested like a mad man. Those Dyno curves make me sleep well at night. Special thanks to Cobb again for the amazing product and the support from dialing in the flywheel to making sure we were all happy with the #'s.

Enjoy it!

Choi...We thought of you many times during this process. We will get you back up running like a beast very soon bud.

Old 10-02-2015, 05:12 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
The torque plateau from 3300 or so through peak is sexy like a plus-sized swimsuit model.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:34 AM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Graph looks great man! These are the Xona compressor wheel'd ones right?

Old 10-03-2015, 11:04 AM
roncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond reputeroncooper has a reputation beyond repute
HTZ I believe

Old 10-03-2015, 11:11 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Yes and yes the By Design/Tial VTG's are. Noticeable improvement from the HTA. Very pleased all around & on many cars!

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 10-03-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
That there is an amazing street power band and I guarantee that is with COBBS keeping the TQ lower down low for the rods sake as well!

I am printing that dyno and framing it, so the next time people say how the heck does 911's move out so hard against other platforms making a lot more "power", I will show then this!

Very impressed, what else would someone want for a street able BROAD power!band!

Old 10-03-2015, 12:54 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
That there is an amazing street power band and I guarantee that is with COBBS keeping the TQ lower down low for the rods sake as well!

I am printing that dyno and framing it, so the next time people say how the heck does 911's move out so hard against other platforms making a lot more "power", I will show then this!

Very impressed, what else would someone want for a street able BROAD power!band!
You are so correct the power range is crazy,
This car just pulls and pulls.

I could have gone more extreme with the build I had the budget and capabilities, I just wanted to put together a nice driver after all
It's a cabriolet.

Facebook Post

There is the video of the dyno run.

Old 10-03-2015, 01:21 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roncooper
You are so correct the power range is crazy,
This car just pulls and pulls.

I could have gone more extreme with the build I had the budget and capabilities, I just wanted to put together a nice driver after all
It's a cabriolet.

https://www.facebook.com/chad.mcmoni...2074275141458/

There is the video of the dyno run.

Can't see the video.

What are your list of mods?

These cars have a great power band on stock based turbos! Even my older 996 with EPL's BILLET 16" with no more then 580AWHP(94 pump), use to take down cars with over 700RWHP and not by 1-2 car lengths !

I have been telling people my car (997.1 Protomotive 63.5mm VTG's) feels like it has power everywhere no matter where I am in the power band on E85....I need to get a dyno to see where I am at as well, but again congrats on a great power band and the out right power!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 10-03-2015 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-03-2015, 06:13 PM
swc
swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !swc Is a GOD !
Congrats Ron. That's awesome power curve!

I'm finally picking up my car tomorrow! Soon to be joining.

Old 10-03-2015, 08:46 PM
Former Vendor
I would bet with a motor build we could get the tq up 100+ on E85 and in a hurry too with 50+ more hp. Just in case you need to pull out out some big stumps Ron!

Choi, you definitely deserve some G-Force to put a smile back on your face. Let me know when you are ready to pick up where we left off...And she should be feeling pretty good already.

Old 10-04-2015, 09:21 AM
jjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant futurejjurroz has a brilliant future
How much boost is it running in the low/mid/top ?

Old 10-04-2015, 11:52 AM
Also, I just noticed that you are running, 12.5 A/R, am I reading that right?!

Old 10-04-2015, 11:57 AM
The car runs 22.5 max psi.

I'll post some logs of pulls if people are interested.

I'm not sure why that video didn't work I'll see if I can get the original from the person shooting it

Mod list:
65mm VTG
AMS headers
Inlet pipes
Tubi Race
AMS intercoolers
AMS Y pipe
82mm throttle body
IPD plenum
1000cc injectors
Cobb Accessport E85 map MAFless
Clutch and lwfw

I also converted the car to centerlock wheels with Porsche RS Spyder wheels. While I had the engine out I pinned the coolant lines and replaced the oil cooler elbows.

All the work was done by myself and a friend in my garage.

Old 10-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Pls get some 60-130 times, you have a sub 6sec car there!!

Is the car actually running 12.5A/R's?

What power did she put down on pump and do you have a dyno chart of that as well?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 704HP/691ft/lbs 997.1 Cabriolet