Build for autocross and track - the Warthog - Page 10 - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Go Back  6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource > Porsche (Present) > 997 Turbo / GT2
Reload this Page >

Build for autocross and track - the Warthog

997 Turbo / GT2 20062012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

Build for autocross and track - the Warthog

Old 10-17-2017, 10:46 PM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Roffle Waffle View Post
Thank you so much! How much negative camber in the rear can I add without compromising straightline grip?

I currently have lowering springs part number GMG997TTWCR (219146). Doesn't seem like they're coilovers because I don't see height adjusters on them.

Car has 30k miles. OEM LSD option.

For tires I'm running stock size Bridgestone RE-71R.

My impression on a small autox track, is that there's room to improve in body roll and also there's a noticeable delay between steering input and body motion.

I don't want to run super aggressive negative camber since I mostly drive it on the street
With RE71R, they are so sticky that they are not too sensitive to camber. I run 3.25 on the rear, and use those tires in stock sizes for track work and street driving. The car still hooks up great in a straight line, and it cuts 1.6 60' during pro solos.

For he delay in response, it takes the whole shopping list to reduce it Stiffer swaybars will make a noticeable difference, and then if you wish for more, I would address the damping.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:43 AM
gnoy26 is on a distinguished road
@webspoke

thanks for the reply, i will go camber plates then, what are your thoughts on which ull recommend for stock suspension?

im currently on cup2s, how would you rate them against RE71R?

Old 10-18-2017, 03:25 PM
Roffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond repute
@webspoke, thank you so much. I'll get the alignment dialed in, and then look for swaybars. Do you have a brand/sizing you recommend?

@gnoy26 I've read that cup2s are as sticky as RE-71R, but not as good in the rain. Probably also less sticky when cold. You won't get a fair opinion, unless someone's owned BOTH

Old 10-18-2017, 09:15 PM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
Tarret would be my go to for sway bars. TPC has good matched sets too, but cost more.

Old 10-19-2017, 12:28 AM
gnoy26 is on a distinguished road
what would you recommend for camber plates with stock suspension for the turbo? there are very few options. the only once i see are elephant and tarrett?

what would you recommend?

Old 10-19-2017, 07:07 AM
Originally Posted by gnoy26 View Post
what would you recommend for camber plates with stock suspension for the turbo? there are very few options. the only once i see are elephant and tarrett?

what would you recommend?
I'd suggest Tarrett for best compatibility with the factory struts.

Old 06-06-2018, 09:14 AM
Late start to 2018 season

2018 race season has gotten off to a slow start, as my wife and I have been working on our property and horses (the 1hp versions) mostly. At the last minute decided to dust off warthog , literally, and take him out to the Mineral Wells pro solo which is only about 100mi. from us.

24 launches later, my wife won her class, and I was a moderately close (0.6) 3rd. In the runoff challenge on sunday, I was matched up with a friends well built GTR. He had a .3 dial in head start at the tree, but bogged and was slow out of the box. I was surprised to be close on accel once hooked up, as his car is 800+ wheel when cranked up.

I won that round on the other side by .028s, but redlight the next round

Old 06-13-2018, 08:37 PM
Roffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond reputeRoffle Waffle has a reputation beyond repute
well that video cut off abruptly..