997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Build for autocross and track - the Warthog

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 09:06 AM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
New 'War Paint'
The numbers will eventually be in a DTM style plate, but wanted to get the stripe and Cobb logos in place.

Old 04-07-2016, 07:23 PM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Webspoke
New 'War Paint'
The numbers will eventually be in a DTM style plate, but wanted to get the stripe and Cobb logos in place.

looking racy ...

Old 04-07-2016, 10:28 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Beard looks Nice! Where did you get the floor?

Old 04-08-2016, 11:14 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Def looks the part!

Old 04-08-2016, 03:54 PM
Webspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond reputeWebspoke has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by elite1
Beard looks Nice! Where did you get the floor?
The floor tiles were some Lowes large garage tiles. They are a few years old now, but still do a nice job of making a good surface to work on the car, about 1/2 the price of racedeck at the time.

Old 04-09-2016, 12:43 AM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Cool dude! I thought it was local. Quick fix for me until I install a max jax.

Old 04-14-2016, 10:20 AM
Bad trailer day

Updates have been slow as we have not made any recent events. We have been spending some of the time setting up the new enclosed trailer, winch and toolbox install, tire transport etc. Then the unexpected happened - the second freak hailstorm in a month passed through north texas and right by where the new trailer was stored.What must have been baseball to softball sized hail broke out all the roof vents, and punched over 20 holes in the roof skin, one passing all the way into the interior.
Working with the insurance company now, but they are probably busy handling the many homes and cars that were damaged, so it may take a while.

This was the trailer when we first picked it up, great looking Haulmark 24ft with finished interior.

Then this is what I found the day after the storm.

In this shot you can see the home in the background with numerous roof patches. They had hail coming through the ceiling into the house.
by webspoke, on Flickr

After patching with foil tape, and later some adhesive flashing tape. New roof vents are coming also, so we hope to be serviceable while we wait for insurance to settle.

We have an event finally on concrete @ the Texas A&M annex lot at the end of the month. Will be trying some increased caster in the front, and adding a bit more rear camber to address some wear patterns on the rear tires.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:44 PM
saabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond reputesaabin has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, Frisco/Wylie/Allen got hit pretty hard this week..

Not to derail your thread, but I feel your pain..We got hit by the hail storm over our Spring Break back in March near downtown FTW.. thankfully the P-car and all the other cars were out of harms way, but my wife's SUV got hit pretty bad, and our roof is totaled..

Hard to tell scale in this pic, but the largest stone here is a little over an inch and a half in diameter.

Probably one of the reasons why our homeowners insurance rates are some of the highest in the country..

Old 04-14-2016, 01:46 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Damn I heard about this! Sorry man...Good luck

Old 04-14-2016, 02:44 PM
I also store a small motorcycle trailer at that lot. It was hit in the storm at the beginning of the month, then finished off by this weeks. Car windshields all over this small town like like they were in gunfights.

We had small pea and marble size stuff at the house. Still sounded terrible. I sneaked the nose of my truck into the garage, as my wife's car was in her garage at work.

Last edited by Webspoke; 04-14-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:09 PM
First 2016 Pro Solo - Wilmington Ohio

Driving the car on boost is like watching the world on fast forward. Sometimes you are just along for the ride.

I like this shot from the weekend, exiting the last slalom cone, heading for the turn to the lights.

Last edited by Webspoke; 08-29-2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2016, 10:26 AM
oyanre is an unknown quantity at this point
GL with the new track weapon…looking forward to following your story!

Last edited by oyanre; 05-18-2016 at 10:29 AM.
Old 06-09-2016, 03:48 PM
My new favorite shot of the car from the spring nationals solo II event in Lincoln. We actually need to revalve the front struts to limit some of this bouncing up, but it looks cool!

We are now using Boost off the line for the Pro Solo launches for the last 2 events. It is really effective, but the launch rpm needs to be fine tuned for the surface, otherwise you can cause too much wheelspin in 1st. We have been using 4000 - 4500 rpm, building about 4psi of boost before the clutch release. Cobb Plano gave us 4 different maps covering the rpm range so that we could adjust after some test launches.

We have had a couple of instances of the upper intercooler hose popping out of it's clip. I think it is because I have been jacking the car up by the engine case in the back, and stretching those connections. Now the hose has a damaged 'ear' so it will need to be replaced and new clips and o-rings used. Will also be safety wiring the clips to increase the tension on them a bit, and keep them from spreading apart.

Last edited by Webspoke; 06-09-2016 at 04:06 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 08:11 PM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
what a great shot right there, looks like you've been having fun

Old 06-14-2016, 12:41 PM
NY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud ofNY6SPEEDER has much to be proud of
Jesus christ the way that thing rotates on its axis is insane. I'd love to see what someone like Randy Pobst or Walter Rohrl can do with it at the 'Ring or VIR. Probably set some records, thats for sure.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Build for autocross and track - the Warthog