997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

New to me 997.1TT, First Turbo P-Car :-)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 02:39 PM
Chris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the rough
New to me 997.1TT, First Turbo P-Car :-)

Picked this up a month or so ago, After quite a few NA PCars, this is my first Turbo... Nothing like that spool! Figured I would post some pics.

Paint correction and replacing stone guard films shortly.

Mods so far:
911tuning.com Catless 3" exhaust w/ TechArt Tips
HRE FF01 Wheels
Forge IC Hoses
Cobb AP V3 (Stage 2 Tune)

Future:
New FL plate... lol
Sachs 2.5 w/ GT2 Slave
Upgrade ICs
Protune for Cobb

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_8756.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	976.0 KB
ID:	438519   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7383.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	441.9 KB
ID:	438520   Click image for larger version

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	557.7 KB
ID:	438521   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7385.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	569.4 KB
ID:	438522  
Old 01-27-2016, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Congratulations. Car looks great!

Old 01-27-2016, 03:23 PM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
absolutely beautiful man. congrats and welcome to the club

Old 01-27-2016, 03:38 PM
NBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud ofNBoost has much to be proud of
Beautiful car, congrats. I bought my first P car last summer, very similar, Atlas Grey 997.1TT with HREs, a tune and exhaust. This winter is killing me.

"Have you seen your father?"--my wife
"Mom, he's sitting in his car in the garage again."--my son
"Again?!"

^overheard in my house at least twice a week

Old 01-27-2016, 03:40 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Congrats and welcome. The FF01s look great. You might consider adding turbo inlet pipes on to your mods list, particularly when they are doing the clutch install. The parts are cheap and do make more power as you begin the push the VTGs a bit harder.

Old 01-27-2016, 04:59 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Very nice!

Old 01-27-2016, 05:37 PM
jcm3 has much to be proud ofjcm3 has much to be proud ofjcm3 has much to be proud ofjcm3 has much to be proud ofjcm3 has much to be proud ofjcm3 has much to be proud ofjcm3 has much to be proud ofjcm3 has much to be proud of
awesome car..same wheels as me!

Old 01-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6speed, beautiful 997! As for future mods if you've got E85 in your area I'd add injectors in there to round it off

Dzenno@PTF

Old 01-27-2016, 09:11 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Sweet turbo / color! Congrats!!

Old 01-27-2016, 10:00 PM
Chris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the roughChris_FL is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks
Welcome to 6speed, beautiful 997! As for future mods if you've got E85 in your area I'd add injectors in there to round it off

Dzenno@PTF
Thanks! I do have 2 local (within 15 miles) stations with it... I've been considering it. I'm still unsure if I'd be sacrificing any reliability since the car isn't built to run it.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:46 PM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Congrats and car looks awesome.

Have you driven a car with GT2 slave yet? If not, make sure you are comfortable with the increased pedal effort (but also much cleaner engagement)

Old 01-28-2016, 06:54 AM
leevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to allleevg is a name known to all
I'm jealous! I love that color. Awesome ride brother!

Old 01-29-2016, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by TypeRx
Congrats and car looks awesome.

Have you driven a car with GT2 slave yet? If not, make sure you are comfortable with the increased pedal effort (but also much cleaner engagement)
Thank you, No I have not, Perhaps the BBI slave?

Old 01-29-2016, 09:19 AM
TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !TypeRx Is a GOD !
Try to find someone local with the conversion before doing it. My car has it and I am fine with it (although it took some getting used to). It might be a complete show stopper for the next owner if you ever plan on selling in the future. And if you don't know what you are getting yourself into, it might change your enjoyment level with the car.

People say the BBi *might* require slightly less effort than the other GT2 slave conversions, but it is probably a very small difference.

Bottom line, it adds tremendously to clutch feel and avoids the future leaky slave issues, but increases pedal effort by about twice over stock (in my opinion, based on driving a couple other 911TTs with stock slaves)

Old 01-29-2016, 09:49 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Looks great!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New to me 997.1TT, First Turbo P-Car :-)