997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

the 997.2TT from Oz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 08:45 PM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
We got some forged and super light wheels with new TPMS sensors installed last month
F: 9.5x19, custom offsets, wrapped with PSCup2 255/35/19
R: 12x19, custom offsets, wrapped with PSCCup2 325/30/19, should have gone 12.5-13, perhaps next time

cup 305 vs. cup2 325

also recently installed some cool looking grills

Last edited by marzz; 03-08-2016 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:59 PM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
So the current stance

tomorrow will be the first time out on the track with new alignment setup, wider wheels/tires, fresh rotors/fluids/oil, should be fun,

Old 03-11-2016, 07:18 AM
The car was awesome on track, highly recommend the suspension upgrades, if you want to push it, but have it properly aligned, what a difference to last time I went,

The old girl was flying ...
<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bBrK4urReSY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 03-12-2016, 05:10 AM
Couple more vids from last week...

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/OtvGOLpBqjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PO3n06QCBhc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/uUN4eaJkBmY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kgKXaWhZD3Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Rul-v289Iu4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited by marzz; 03-12-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 01:12 PM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by marzz
Again some more pics ...

Thanks for sharing. Very nice! Could I ask you what the 2 black boxes that say Damptronic 997 "TOP" and Damptronic 997 GT2/3 RS are? Are they modules from Bilstein that replace the car's stock module?

Did they come with the Bilstein?? TIA.

Last edited by cannga; 03-12-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 02:40 PM
The Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura aboutThe Big Easy has a spectacular aura about
Great add ons!

Cheers,

Old 03-12-2016, 11:55 PM
Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks for sharing. Very nice! Could I ask you what the 2 black boxes that say Damptronic 997 "TOP" and Damptronic 997 GT2/3 RS are? Are they modules from Bilstein that replace the car's stock module?

Did they come with the Bilstein?? TIA.
Those black boxes are OEM control units:
997-TOP comes from 997 Turbo
997-GT2/3RS seats in GT cars
DSC is a TPC racing unit replacing the OEM one (10min job)

Initially I thought the GT car unit is only calibrated differently/better than turbo one, got my hands on it really to try it out, no luck thou, same plug but different communication so it throws error code on dash and does not work on turbo, that was before I came across DSC unit which was all I'd been looking for, it does transform your car even the stock setup,
It works totally different to stock unit, it's not just soft and hard, my unit is an early version with 3 modes rain/daily/track, it eliminates (to an extend) the need for harder spring setup on track, keeps the car super planted in any conditions, it's the cheapest fix for stock setup,
Additionally the DSC unit works wonders with tyres, no idea how but it does, last week we had few cars running cup2s and my ones had the most rubber left over

Old 03-13-2016, 04:35 AM
Originally Posted by The Big Easy
Great add ons!

Cheers,
Thanks,

Ended up going all out on suspension, simply cause planned several track days this year and needed to gain some edge, I'm going against some proper kits in my group, most of the time, still a massive learning curve with my driving skills.

I'm a long time reader - short time member of this and other P forums,
My choice of parts was based on other members experiences and/or great deals some brands offered.

My setup has been done in several stages with few different alignment settings to get to this point, could pretty much elaborate on any particular part used and what it's going to do with your 997 platform, street/track driven, feel free to shoot questions

Old 03-13-2016, 09:44 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Those black boxes are OEM control units:
997-TOP comes from 997 Turbo
997-GT2/3RS seats in GT cars
DSC is a TPC racing unit replacing the OEM one (10min job)

Initially I thought the GT car unit is only calibrated differently/better than turbo one, got my hands on it really to try it out, no luck thou, same plug but different communication so it throws error code on dash and does not work on turbo, that was before I came across DSC unit which was all I'd been looking for, it does transform your car even the stock setup,
It works totally different to stock unit, it's not just soft and hard, my unit is an early version with 3 modes rain/daily/track, it eliminates (to an extend) the need for harder spring setup on track, keeps the car super planted in any conditions, it's the cheapest fix for stock setup,
Additionally the DSC unit works wonders with tyres, no idea how but it does, last week we had few cars running cup2s and my ones had the most rubber left over
Thanks for the helpful info. Bilstein with DSC - some :-) have called this the Holy Grail of Turbo's suspension mod.

Congrats again on your extremely well modded car. "The old girl was flying": LOL . PDK Turbo with great suspension? I believe you!

Old 03-13-2016, 07:38 PM
GTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to beholdGTRETA is a splendid one to behold
Marzz,

Fantastic write up and great list of mods. Can I ask who performed the work on your suspension? I assume this was all done in Sydney?

Cheers

Old 03-13-2016, 07:41 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Nice thread. I can't believe you got 255's to fit in the front. The grip must be unreal up front with Cup 2's.

I'm going to go stages on suspension so I can feel every difference along the way. DSC + sways + front wide track kit for me to start. Then rims/wider rubber. I'm trying to stay away from coilovers and stay stock height for now.

Old 03-13-2016, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by changster
Nice thread. I can't believe you got 255's to fit in the front. The grip must be unreal up front with Cup 2's.

I'm going to go stages on suspension so I can feel every difference along the way. DSC + sways + front wide track kit for me to start. Then rims/wider rubber. I'm trying to stay away from coilovers and stay stock height for now.
The grip is unreal in comparison to cup1 245 I used before on stock 8.5 inch rim, we may try 265 as running 9.5 inch rim at the front see what happens,
Doing suspension in stages is great if you interested what everything does, also do tones of driving to be able to experience the difference, introducing aggressive camber makes huge difference, also changing rear sub frame soft rubber bushings to solid ones (same as GT/Cup cars) is a must to keep the rear tight and connected

Originally Posted by GTRETA
Marzz,

Fantastic write up and great list of mods. Can I ask who performed the work on your suspension? I assume this was all done in Sydney?

Cheers
The suspension plan and components was totally my idea, collected all the parts myself but only fitted few due to not having enough tools, great sense of satisfaction there lol, majority of installation was done by European Autotech and all alignment work was done by PR Technology (big job)

Originally Posted by cannga
Thanks for the helpful info. Bilstein with DSC - some :-) have called this the Holy Grail of Turbo's suspension mod.

Congrats again on your extremely well modded car. "The old girl was flying": LOL . PDK Turbo with great suspension? I believe you!
Cheers, so far the bilsteins have been great, had a good deal hence why went that route, probably would go with TPC tractive if was to do it again, just to get the faster valve changes,
My modes are not everyone's cap of tea but work for what I had planned for the car, happy days

Old 03-14-2016, 07:51 PM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
Great build and nice write up! The chase down of the GT3RS was sweet...

Old 03-14-2016, 08:17 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
The grip is unreal in comparison to cup1 245 I used before on stock 8.5 inch rim, we may try 265 as running 9.5 inch rim at the front see what happens,
Doing suspension in stages is great if you interested what everything does, also do tones of driving to be able to experience the difference, introducing aggressive camber makes huge difference, also changing rear sub frame soft rubber bushings to solid ones (same as GT/Cup cars) is a must to keep the rear tight and connected
Are you getting much increased in NVH with all those suspension changes?

Old 03-15-2016, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by changster
Are you getting much increased in NVH with all those suspension changes?
The most noticeable noise comes from transmission track mounts, go for street version if worried, mostly on 1&2 gear but noting ridiculous, other than that the rear solid strut mounts and front solid camber plates let you know that you got them if you hit a bigger hole, other than that not much at all, the benefits are great - car is as sharp as a knife edge,

Originally Posted by akunob
Great build and nice write up! The chase down of the GT3RS was sweet...
Cheers,

The car is pretty wide on the bottom so the handling is very different to stock:
F: 19x9.5 ET41, 255/35/19 thinking of 265/30/19 tire next time
R: 19x12 ET48, 325/30/19
Each corner has 20mm wider tire, roughly 10mm extended lower arms plus extra from the offsets, we could still get the 10mm axle spacers if -4 camber desired but it's street driven as well so will chew through the rubber too quickly, see what happens,
I think we could fit 10" wheel at the front if need be with stock fenders (not possible on stock control arms), but the 265/30/19 should seat ok on 9.5" and the fitment will be maxed out with at least -3 on camber if we go there (no rubbing at all), mind due it's loaded it with caster as well,

Anyways, happy to post some more videos for fun if interested ...

Last edited by marzz; 03-15-2016 at 06:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the 997.2TT from Oz