997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

the 997.2TT from Oz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 11:48 PM
realking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud of
I really like your wheel/tire set up.

"The car is pretty wide on the bottom so the handling is very different to stock:
F: 19x9.5 ET41, 255/35/19 thinking of 265/30/19 tire next time
R: 19x12 ET48, 325/30/19
Each corner has 20mm wider tire, roughly 10mm extended lower arms plus extra from the offsets, we could still get the 10mm axle spacers if -4 camber desired but it's street driven as well so will chew through the rubber too quickly, see what happens,
I think we could fit 10" wheel at the front if need be with stock fenders (not possible on stock control arms), but the 265/30/19 should seat ok on 9.5" and the fitment will be maxed out with at least -3 on camber if we go there (no rubbing at all), mind due it's loaded it with caster as well,"

Will there be any rubbing anywhere with OEM alignment settings? I plan to lower my car with H&R springs and add a DSC box.

Old 06-06-2016, 10:43 PM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by realking
I really like your wheel/tire set up.

"The car is pretty wide on the bottom so the handling is very different to stock:
F: 19x9.5 ET41, 255/35/19 thinking of 265/30/19 tire next time
R: 19x12 ET48, 325/30/19
Each corner has 20mm wider tire, roughly 10mm extended lower arms plus extra from the offsets, we could still get the 10mm axle spacers if -4 camber desired but it's street driven as well so will chew through the rubber too quickly, see what happens,
I think we could fit 10" wheel at the front if need be with stock fenders (not possible on stock control arms), but the 265/30/19 should seat ok on 9.5" and the fitment will be maxed out with at least -3 on camber if we go there (no rubbing at all), mind due it's loaded it with caster as well,"

Will there be any rubbing anywhere with OEM alignment settings? I plan to lower my car with H&R springs and add a DSC box.
I don't think there would be any rubbing with stock alignment, you got additional camber adjustment on stock front top mounts if need be but check the toe after to make sure it's all good to specs you want,
the H&R springs do like inch or something lower, that's nothing, you should still get at least an inch+ tyre to fender gap which is plenty to fit any specs,
the DSC box works great as the car feels planted at all times, I guess it keeps the gravity centre point as close to middle of the car as possible on the fly, but if you push hard through the corners you may find you shoulder pushing hard against the door, if no buckets (time for upgrade for me here),

Old 08-14-2016, 04:04 AM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
no much additional upgrades since last time, only front GT brake ducts,
so we fit some new brake pads, tires and had some more fun passing some new exotics with our old girl ...

couple pics from the day

Old 08-14-2016, 05:01 AM
some vids from that day, apology for no sound on some but the mic turned itself off as I was hitting kerbs here and there ...

Last edited by marzz; 08-14-2016 at 05:15 AM.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:58 AM
Endless3 is on a distinguished road
Excellent info! subscribed

Old 09-18-2016, 11:07 PM
new jewellery from Kline arrived, they look great, definite improvement from the first release ...

taking the car out to SMP again this Wed, will try to shave couple of secs from my times, perhaps some good chases of interesting kits again ...

Old 09-26-2016, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by Mr.angry
looks great mate .....
cheers

Old 09-26-2016, 07:55 AM
track fly by from last week, another great day ....
will post some vids shortly,

Last edited by marzz; 09-26-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:14 PM
forgot to post the front GT3 brake ducts we installed while back...

Old 12-28-2016, 10:27 PM
fresh set of Cup2 went on before the last tracking this year, out of curiosity we weighted the 325/30/19 Cup2 vs. R888 in the same size, the difference is massive - over 4kg, so over 8kg of extra rotating mass on rear axle ...

Old 12-30-2016, 01:17 PM
fyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant futurefyrken has a brilliant future
Great thread and great mods!

Nice changes you have made to your car.
Do you know how much faster you have done it with your mods?

I am looking for some stuff for my .1 to make the car handle the way I expected before I bought it and you have done them all. I will not track my car (has an other weapon for this) so street confidence is what I am looking for. Will see if I need all that you have done, or if some can be left out.

Keep up the good job!

Old 12-31-2016, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by fyrken
Great thread and great mods!

Nice changes you have made to your car.
Do you know how much faster you have done it with your mods?

I am looking for some stuff for my .1 to make the car handle the way I expected before I bought it and you have done them all. I will not track my car (has an other weapon for this) so street confidence is what I am looking for. Will see if I need all that you have done, or if some can be left out.

Keep up the good job!
how much faster you go with handling mods is subject to the driver taking advantage of the kit, I'm definitely faster but most likely cause I'm better as driver,
you can leave plenty out of what I installed, all depends how low you are willing to go, how much camber and toe you need for street stance, let's be honest for street go fast you just need to lower it and plug the DSC unit.

Old 12-31-2016, 10:13 PM
couple of chases from last tracking ...

our old girl vs. the mighty McLaren 675LT

almost a pass before the session was over
the old Turbo is nowhere near as fast as the 675LT if driven by a pro, good ego boost thou

Part 3

Part 2

Part 1

Old 01-08-2017, 05:00 AM
good chase with 488GTB

session 1 part 3

session 1 part 2

session 1 part 1

Old 12-12-2018, 05:33 AM
mayoof will become famous soon enoughmayoof will become famous soon enough
Nicely modded beast. How are you managing oil temperature on track?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the 997.2TT from Oz