997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

the 997.2TT from Oz

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-15-2016, 07:08 AM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
So the day started "slow" until the wolf pack passed along - 488GTB, Hurricane and 991GT3RS ... and it was on ...

Last edited by marzz; 12-18-2017 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 09:54 PM
changster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond reputechangster has a reputation beyond repute
Nice. How long have you been tracking?

Old 03-15-2016, 10:22 PM
marzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of lightmarzz is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by changster
Nice. How long have you been tracking?
Not as long as I would like to but having fun, started vary late,
This is only my second car I've tracked, couple of years all up,
Hopefully this year will make up for it, trying another track tomorrow, first time there, see how that goes,

Old 03-25-2016, 04:22 PM
some rather bling than function just arrived ...

Old 04-03-2016, 07:14 AM
Couple weight facts about the titanium lugs vs. standard Turbo lugs

The weight of Porsche lug:

the weight of Ti lug:

standard P lug vs. Ti lug:

the weight of P lock lug:

The P lugs weight per corner:

the Ti lugs weight per corner:

Old 04-03-2016, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Like a wet dream! Nice M!

Old 04-09-2016, 10:17 PM
HP11 will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Big thumbs up to your car! You passed all kinds of high performance competitors. Not to understate the importance of your suspension, wheel, tire, and exhaust mods...but, does your car have a tune or any other performance mod other than the DSC and weight saving lugs?

I take it you spent lots of dough on the suspension strictly for the purpose of tracking? BTW, what year is your car?

Old 04-10-2016, 06:26 AM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Like a wet dream! Nice M!
cheers

Originally Posted by HP11
Big thumbs up to your car! You passed all kinds of high performance competitors. Not to understate the importance of your suspension, wheel, tire, and exhaust mods...but, does your car have a tune or any other performance mod other than the DSC and weight saving lugs?

I take it you spent lots of dough on the suspension strictly for the purpose of tracking? BTW, what year is your car?
the Ti lugs are not really weight sawing by much, posted the weight if anybody was interested, they are lighter but look great and complement the wheels, was going to change for black ones but lighter sounded better for me,

to put it in perspective I'm probably the least experienced driver in my group, the car is 2010 997.2TT with no ECU/TCU tunes for the moment, street racing and tracking are two different worlds, I need this car to run daily and track so it needs all the convenience options, interior etc,
the suspension/wheels/tires setup plays crucial role on track not as much on street, didn't like the car stance/handling to start off so even for street it needs to be dropped, DSC, rear solid toe links, solid drop links front&rear and rear sub frame solid bushings (must), so being there it was not much left to go all the way and what a difference on track.
also the wheels are heaps lighter but going up with tyre sizes the tires weight adds on very quickly, my much wider combo keeps the unsprung weight very similar to much smaller stock setup, so more grip happy days.

Old 04-10-2016, 10:02 AM
Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !Marpir821 Is a GOD !
Love those videos! Looks like a blast.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Marpir821
Love those videos! Looks like a blast.
cheers, since the new setup was properly aligned, each time it's a massive blast but the new goal for this year is to shave 10-15 seconds from my lap times,
not easy but doable, if I can carry a bit more speed into corners (more practice as we got way more grip at the front now) and send the car on close to 100kg diet we get there

Old 04-25-2016, 07:44 PM
couple of pics from last event with McLaren's ...

McLaren made proper intro on that they...

Old 06-04-2016, 08:20 AM
couple of fresh ones from last month with Lamborghini

on the back of the que

seating pretty flat

Old 06-04-2016, 11:42 AM
realking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud ofrealking has much to be proud of
Nice build and write up!! If you were to opt for 19 x 12.5 or 19 x 13, what size tire would you run? What brand wheels and how much did they cost? Are they available in a 20 inch fitment? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-05-2016, 03:59 AM
Originally Posted by realking
Nice build and write up!! If you were to opt for 19 x 12.5 or 19 x 13, what size tire would you run? What brand wheels and how much did they cost? Are they available in a 20 inch fitment? Thanks in advance!
cheers, there is not much weight difference between 12.5 and 13 but stance wise 13 is the way to go, increasing tire size equals increasing grip but the unsprung weight as well so wouldn't recommend going bigger than 325, make sure that the fronts are increased proportionally as well.
Also, three or two piece forged are way heavier than mono blocks, due to hardware, they certainly look better but with a weight trade off,
The wheels are BC Forged RZ-05, super light, fronts 8.5kg and rears 9.5kg
pretty sure they include prices on their website
they do any size and offset you desire

Old 06-05-2016, 04:37 AM
couple of vids from last month
sorry no sound, forgot to turn the mic on

oops lotus went off the black stuff, wait for it

the 991GT3 chase

part 1
part 2 - that cloud of dust (0.50) it was my tail on sand out of turn one, oops

in pursuit of 458 with pro on board
I think that lap was 1.47 on old street tires with four track days on them

part 1
part 2

Last edited by marzz; 06-05-2016 at 05:52 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: the 997.2TT from Oz