997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Areas to lift front and rear off car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 08:36 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute

What's up folks....looks like it's time to rease rear of car and check some hose clamps for good figment...I've tried to look up some info but came up short....is there any way to lift both tires so I can put jack stand and secure the rear of the car....any info with pics would really help before I do something stupid....getting tired of lifting one side at a time....thanks...

Old 09-24-2016, 10:23 AM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
low profile jack under the center of the motor and lift using the crash brace. its directly behind the sway bar

Old 09-24-2016, 11:32 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
My advice is to use only the sanctioned lift points. Anywhere else is risky.

For my cars I used ramps and backed the car up on the ramps to get the rear up high enough to get under for oil/filter services and to give the rear of the car a good check for any signs of problems.

The few times I needed to get the front in the air I used a factory jack -- I bought a 2nd one -- at each front lifting pad then put ramps under the front tires to support the car.

For brake work I use the factory scissor jack to lift one wheel at a time. I keep out from under the car at all times.

If you work on your car enough perhaps you need to consider a portable scissors lift that can lift the via the 4 lift points or by the tires/wheels?

Old 09-24-2016, 11:35 AM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
low profile jack under the center of the motor and lift using the crash brace. its directly behind the sway bar
That's the spot for the back.I lift from that all the time.Just look where the sway bar is and you will see a tab sticking out. I use a hockey puck on the jack. Front you have to do from the lift points.

Old 09-24-2016, 12:27 PM
Brooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond reputeBrooklyn boosting has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks guys I've looked under have seen this area but just want to make sure.. Ofcoarse when I have car in the air I'll be placing 2 jack stands one on each side...do I need to get a special adapter to fit on jack holding area..once again really appreciate ...ill be comming back with some new info on people that have stock or upgraded vtgs.. Found some really cool adapters that fit on stock turbo grooves for tighter seal and better fitment..

Old 09-24-2016, 12:33 PM
Banned
32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !32krazy! Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ctony66
That's the spot for the back.I lift from that all the time.Just look where the sway bar is and you will see a tab sticking out. I use a hockey puck on the jack. Front you have to do from the lift points.
op was asking on how to secure the rear of the car

Old 09-24-2016, 02:29 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Thanks guys I've looked under have seen this area but just want to make sure.. Ofcoarse when I have car in the air I'll be placing 2 jack stands one on each side...do I need to get a special adapter to fit on jack holding area..once again really appreciate ...ill be comming back with some new info on people that have stock or upgraded vtgs.. Found some really cool adapters that fit on stock turbo grooves for tighter seal and better fitment..
I use these on my lift and they work great....

DC

Old 09-24-2016, 03:15 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 32krazy!
op was asking on how to secure the rear of the car
The thread title=

Old 09-24-2016, 03:34 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by ctony66
The thread title=
in his posting ....is there any way to lift both tires so I can put jack stand and secure the rear of the car.... no mention of lifting the front in the post he made. just went off what he posted

Old 09-24-2016, 04:49 PM
Guys any info is great...no worries...to be honest lifting the front is no problem just was looking for points were both the front and back could be lifted with both wheels up......

Old 09-24-2016, 04:54 PM
Can someone please give me a valid pic on how exactly the jack platform disk fits onto that rear little area by sway bars ....my jack has a round deep dish type plate ...do I just put it on that area and go up..

Old 09-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Brooklyn boosting
Can someone please give me a valid pic on how exactly the jack platform disk fits onto that rear little area by sway bars ....my jack has a round deep dish type plate ...do I just put it on that area and go up..
You can cut a board to fit in or harbor freight has a rubber pad that goes over the dish. Or use a hockey puck

Old 09-24-2016, 07:14 PM
Thank you ... So I would go to the middle of that v shaped backer that's hooked up to motor...

Old 09-24-2016, 07:20 PM
Banned
Or go a bit farther and use the main cross brace. Its even stronger and your not using the motor if that worries some

Old 09-24-2016, 07:25 PM
Wood on brace..not a bad idea...yes or no...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Areas to lift front and rear off car