997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Attn: COBB... PDK tuning on COBB

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 03:42 PM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
Hi...

It's ready! Feel free to reach out for and help/support and to add it on your AP via email!

Old 12-20-2017, 03:58 PM
Rohan Alexander will become famous soon enoughRohan Alexander will become famous soon enough
Wow awesome. Im just waiting on new o2 sensors from germany then with a bit of luck ill be good to go

Old 01-08-2018, 04:58 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
I have it now and it is nice.

got the high torque aggressive tune and it is very firm and quick

Old 01-08-2018, 05:14 AM
Rohan Alexander will become famous soon enoughRohan Alexander will become famous soon enough
How is the normal mode for driving?
Have you got sport and sports plus

Old 01-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Former Vendor
SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !SamboTT@ByDesign Is a GOD !
It's great. You still get all settings.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:41 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Price? And is this just to tune the Pdk or both?

Old 01-08-2018, 01:32 PM
urbanscribe is an unknown quantity at this point
1.Impressions? Anyone install it?
2. Do we get all the profile or have to choose profiles? The pdk 987.2 TTS upgrade looks like 700$ but adding some profiles adds 0$ to cart
3. Best to do both tune and PDK same time or sequentially?
4. Does the pdk flash reduce some 997.2 pdk gear shift jerkiness?
5. Impact on TT lag if any?
6. Can u keep a normal non manic city mode (moves up gears early) or everything pushed?
7. Can you reverse the direction of the shifter as with 991 pdk flash?
Finally
8. What's the most noticeable impact on DD from the PDK flash?

Very interested (obviously)

Old 01-09-2018, 06:06 PM
White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !White Rock Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by urbanscribe
1.Impressions? Anyone install it?
2. Do we get all the profile or have to choose profiles? The pdk 987.2 TTS upgrade looks like 700$ but adding some profiles adds 0$ to cart
3. Best to do both tune and PDK same time or sequentially?
4. Does the pdk flash reduce some 997.2 pdk gear shift jerkiness?
5. Impact on TT lag if any?
6. Can u keep a normal non manic city mode (moves up gears early) or everything pushed?
Finally
8. What's the most noticeable impact on DD from the PDK flash?

Very interested (obviously)
What urban said ^

Old 01-10-2018, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor
Hey guys. We have done several but in between the holidays and many not being active on here only a few reviews are up. I would like to offer my help by answering the questions below IN CAPS and standing by with my full support and guarantee so that we can help you guys out and get more reviews up. Nothing to lose!

1.Impressions? Anyone install it? JUST WAITING FOR MORE REVIEWS BUT BETWEEN 991 AND 997 I HAVE DONE OVER 30 AND MY GUYS LOVE IT! 95% OF NEW ORDERS ARE GETTING IT FROM THE GO.

2. Do we get all the profile or have to choose profiles? The pdk 987.2 TTS upgrade looks like 700$ but adding some profiles adds 0$ to cart. YOU WILL GET ALL SETTINGS AND PROFILES

3. Best to do both tune and PDK same time or sequentially? THATS THE FUNNEST! BUT YOU CAN GET THE BUNDLE AND INSTALL IN ANY CONFIC YOU LIKE AS WELL AS SWITCH EITHER BETWEEN PROFILES OR STOCK. ALL NORMAL AND SPORT SETTINGS STILL FUNCTION.

4. Does the pdk flash reduce some 997.2 pdk gear shift jerkiness? IF YOU ARE GETTING JERKINESS YOU LIKELY NEED A CALIBRATION. THE COBB PDK SOFTWARE DOES INCLUDE THIS FEATURE (BIG PLUS) SO YOU CAN DO IT YOURSELF! SHOULD SHIFT SMOOTH, FIRM AND QUICK.

5. Impact on TT lag if any? THE ENGINE TUNING INCREASES POWER, IMPROVES RESPONSE AND DYNAMICS. THE PDK TUNING ONLY ENHANCES THIS BY RESPONDING FASTER AND REDUCING SLIP.

6. Can u keep a normal non manic city mode (moves up gears early) or everything pushed? YES! IN FACT YOU GET SEVERAL INTERPRETATIONS OF THAT. SPORT, AGGRESSIVE AND SO ON.

Finally. WE CAN DO THIS YOU JUST HAVE TO REMEMBER THAT THE SHIFT TRIM BEZEL WILL STILL SHOW THE PLUS AM MINUS THE SAME WAY AND WILL BE BACKWARDS.

8. What's the most noticeable impact on DD from the PDK flash? BEST WAY I CAN DESCRIBE IT WOULD BE TO THINK OF IT AS A 991 GT3RS. FASTER, MORE MODERN RESPONSE TO THE PADDLES LIKE A 991 AND JUST A MORE SPIRITED AND ON IT'S FEET FEEL. DEFINITELY NOTICEABLE AND IT ADDS A NICE NEW ELEMENT TO THE EARLIER GEN PDK MORE SO THAN A 991 PDK UPGRADE! YOU CAN ALSO HOLD MORE POWER, GET MORE OUT OF THE CLUTCH AND OF COURSE INCREASE PERFORMANCE. AGAIN THE CALIBRATION/RE-LEARN FEATURE IS QUITE NICE AS WELL.

ANYONE FEEL FREE TO REACH OUT AND YOU WILL HAVE FULL SUPPORT. WE CAN HAVE UNITS SENT OVERNIGHT FREE OF CHARGE AND IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE AP IT'S JUST AN EMAIL AWAY!

CHEERS!

Old 01-13-2018, 02:03 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Two features I didn't find

1. The way to reverse the lever polarity like GT3
2. The pull two peddles to put it in neutral

Old 02-23-2018, 09:21 AM
supergoji is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 3llooi
Two features I didn't find

1. The way to reverse the lever polarity like GT3
2. The pull two peddles to put it in neutral
you mean pulling shifts up and pushing shifts down?
he stated that above haha.

clutch dumps would be nice.

Old 05-23-2018, 06:33 PM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Any new reviews? Updates?

Old 05-24-2018, 09:24 AM
Whosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Any new reviews? Updates?
I’m not sure you will see much benefit from the tune with a turbo S in sport mode? It will shift faster in normal mode. The best review I read was from another turbo S owner who said he decided to keep it installed, but wouldn’t have purchased it again had he had the chance to do it over again. The positive Cobb pdk reviews seem more common from non turbo S owners.

For the record, I’m a very happy repeat Cobb customer. I’ve had an AP unit on several of my cars and highly recommend it. I have also been looking forward to this tune. However, I’m disappointed with what I’ve read and wish Cobb would have included some features found with the 991 pdk tune. I drive my car in sport mode 90% of the time.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:39 AM
Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !Big Swole Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Whosdady

I’m not sure you will see much benefit from the tune with a turbo S in sport mode? It will shift faster in normal mode. The best review I read was from another turbo S owner who said he decided to keep it installed, but wouldn’t have purchased it again had he had the chance to do it over again. The positive Cobb pdk reviews seem more common from non turbo S owners.

For the record, I’m a very happy repeat Cobb customer. I’ve had an AP unit on several of my cars and highly recommend it. I have also been looking forward to this tune. However, I’m disappointed with what I’ve read and wish Cobb would have included some features found with the 991 pdk tune. I drive my car in sport mode 90% of the time.

Thank you for this comment. I do use "Sport" Mode pretty much 90-95% of the time as well. Only use "Normal" mode when I have my GF on someone in the car and we're talking and not trying to enjoy the car. Just listening to each other (quieter inside on normal mode).

However, if it does help a bit in the power "Holding" area and helps in ANY way to the longevity of the PDK clutches / clutch packs, I'll probably still buy it. I'd rather be safe than sorry, after having added almost 100 hp over stock (given what I've seen from dyno sheets with tune and exhaust).

I will keep research and reading prior to pulling the trigger though. Thanks again.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:15 PM
Whosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the roughWhosdady is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Big Swole
Thank you for this comment. I do use "Sport" Mode pretty much 90-95% of the time as well. Only use "Normal" mode when I have my GF on someone in the car and we're talking and not trying to enjoy the car. Just listening to each other (quieter inside on normal mode).

However, if it does help a bit in the power "Holding" area and helps in ANY way to the longevity of the PDK clutches / clutch packs, I'll probably still buy it. I'd rather be safe than sorry, after having added almost 100 hp over stock (given what I've seen from dyno sheets with tune and exhaust).

I will keep research and reading prior to pulling the trigger though. Thanks again.
I’m still on stock turbos and I’m trying not to add meth, but otherwise fully modded. I don’t have any issues with holding/clamping force of the pdk. I would be surprised if any turbo S guys without meth had any shifting issues either.

With that being said, it would be great if you purchased it. I would like to get another turbo S review. If the cost was half what they are asking, I would purchase it. But for the benefit in “normal” mode, it just doesn’t make sense. Maybe Cobb should offer a discount for us turbo S guys...

Last edited by Whosdady; 05-24-2018 at 02:51 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.