997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Xonas on the way

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 08:31 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
WHich shop?

Who did u decide to use?

Old 12-08-2017, 08:47 PM
y996t will become famous soon enoughy996t will become famous soon enough
Nice keep us up to date with your build

Old 12-08-2017, 11:25 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by faiz
who did u decide to use?
mvs

Old 12-08-2017, 11:26 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by y996t
Nice keep us up to date with your build
you can count on it. There WILL be pumpgas data for these beastly turbos

Old 12-09-2017, 07:46 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Can’t wait to see the results! When she is all done, I would like a ride in the beast with this new found Power!

Excited for ya man!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 12-10-2017 at 02:33 PM.
Old 12-10-2017, 01:15 PM
For sure Bobby. Hopefully on pump I can keep up with you on e85

Old 12-10-2017, 02:02 PM
M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !M3 Maestro Is a GOD !
Only thing good about winter is it gives us an excuse to wrench on the car without actual downtime. More fast cars to come in spring

Old 12-10-2017, 03:56 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Originally Posted by The Bogg
For sure Bobby. Hopefully on pump I can keep up with you on e85
hey dont forget me......i need to make sure I am not on call for this gtg

Old 12-10-2017, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by faiz
hey dont forget me......i need to make sure I am not on call for this gtg
of course.

Old 12-10-2017, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by M3 Maestro
Only thing good about winter is it gives us an excuse to wrench on the car without actual downtime. More fast cars to come in spring
so true. I'm glad my coolant hose had the decency to wait until the end of the season before rupturing.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:07 PM
Shipped out my 68s and now just waiting for Santa (Samta?) to deliver the Xonas.

Some random thoughts - with vtgs you could tell when there was a boost leak by looking at the turbo duty cycle in the logs; apart from hearing air escaping how do you tell if there is a boost leak with non-oem turbos? I was reading about someone with a stuck bov and I think that lead to turbo overspin.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:06 PM
The goodies have started to roll in - HKS boost controller, bovs, Proto lineset, maintenance parts. I was somewhat underwhelmed by the price to product ratio of the Proto lineset but hey whatchagonnado. Turbos should be coming in the next few weeks. I'm going to update the other thread about "what to do while engine is down" since I'm doing as much as possible - changing water pump, pulleys, belts, plugs, dipstick, thermostat etc...

I still have lots of questions and I'm sure most of them will get answered as the engine comes down and things start making sense. For example, I'm not sure where one mounts the boost control solenoid. Presumably it can handle the heat of the engine bay. I will wrap all silicone hoses in heat resistant tubing (a friend gave me the tip to use the stuff made by DEI). Sam has been providing answers and guidance so I'm sure everything will fall into place but I'm still a little nervous! There's no doubt that the planning for vtg upgrades is minimal and the gains very decent. There's a whole lot more to think about with non-vtgs but in the end hopefully the overall performance will make it all worth it.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:46 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Again,

excited for you!

It will definitely be WELL worth it....I think to a point where you might ask yourself why you didn't do the Alpha's in 1st place worth of performance difference!

...... but I'm still a little nervous! There's no doubt that the planning for vtg upgrades is minimal and the gains very decent. There's a whole lot more to think about with non-vtgs but in the end hopefully the overall performance will make it all worth it.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:18 AM
lol thanks Bobby.

If I understand correctly, the car runs mafless with non-vtgs because the bovs vent to atmosphere and that "lost" air would have been part of the mafs calculation. Too bad I just replaced my mafs last year, lol.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:31 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
For example, I'm not sure where one mounts the boost control solenoid.

its actually not a solenoid, its a stepper motor which is what sets HKS aside from all the other EBCs. you can really mount it anywhere you want, it can take the heat. when I had mine I mounted it using an existing threaded hole in the passenger side intake manifold using a 10mm bolt.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.