997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Xonas on the way

Old 01-03-2018, 09:29 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Ahhh, ok good to know. I'm always glad to see you chime in and share your knowledge.

I'm thinking it makes sense to install it far enough forward that it could be accessed without dropping the motor in the event it had to be replaced. I see that the stepper motor has a short wiring "tail". Clearly it's important to install the wiring properly so that it isn't damaged when the engine is raised and lowered in the future.

Any and all tips for my project are appreciated!

Old 01-03-2018, 09:35 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Ahhh, ok good to know. I'm always glad to see you chime in and share your knowledge.

I'm thinking it makes sense to install it far enough forward that it could be accessed without dropping the motor in the event it had to be replaced. I see that the stepper motor has a short wiring "tail". Clearly it's important to install the wiring properly so that it isn't damaged when the engine is raised and lowered in the future.

Any and all tips for my project are appreciated!

depends how you run the wires into the car. I used the grommet used by the factory behind passenger side tail light. if you go that route than mounting it high on passenger side works well. also you will need to extend the HKS harness to run it all the way back anyway since the display will sit upfront.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 01-10-2018, 12:09 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
^^ thanks for tips

Looks like the Xonas are on their way - omg omg omg, lol.

Old 01-16-2018, 04:31 PM
They're heeeeere:

Forgive the crappy initial cellphone pics. More to come....

Old 01-17-2018, 12:59 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
Christmas keeps coming for ya!

Can't wait to see how all this comes together and this spring get some numbers!

Old 01-17-2018, 04:56 PM
faiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nicefaiz is just really nice
Distracted

I hope u aren’t dreaming about Xonas as you are doing lap chole’s all day 😂

watch that ureter!!

Old 01-18-2018, 08:44 AM
lol.
The daydreaming isn't too bad now but as progress gets made I'm sure it will be worse!

Old 01-18-2018, 08:52 AM
I had been hemming and hawing about putting on an IPD Plenum and GT3 throttle body. No shortage of threads slagging the product and a few threads with objective and butt dyno info saying "yes". An opportunity came up to get a lightly used set that came off a car being parted out so I bought it. I planned on changing the rubber sleeves and clamps while the engine was out anyway. The clamps are a major PITA to change while the engine is in, let me tell you lol.

Old 01-18-2018, 12:31 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
I had been hemming and hawing about putting on an IPD Plenum and GT3 throttle body. No shortage of threads slagging the product and a few threads with objective and butt dyno info saying "yes". An opportunity came up to get a lightly used set that came off a car being parted out so I bought it. I planned on changing the rubber sleeves and clamps while the engine was out anyway. The clamps are a major PITA to change while the engine is in, let me tell you lol.

Just make sure you have the new (not sure when they changed it) IPD coupler made for this Plenum and gt3 throttle body or else it will keep "popping" off.

Since I got the new (they shipped it for free & I didn't even buy it from them as it came with the car) IPD coupler not a problem once install properly. Decrease sleeves and coupler, Hairspray for good measure, new standard usa made clamps and make sure the y-pipe is 180 not tilted up or down and you are good to go!

Old 01-18-2018, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the tip, Bobby. Does the new coupler look any different from the old one? i.e. can you tell which version it is?

Old 01-18-2018, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the tip, Bobby. Does the new coupler look any different from the old one? i.e. can you tell which version it is?

It is very different from the old one it replaced. The new one is black with written IPD on it instead of orange, more ply (thicker material), has a molded lip on both sides to match the GT3 Throttle body and stock Y-pipe sleeves lip.

Followed IPD's instructions (great company man!) and never had a issue since with 21-23psi's.

Old 01-19-2018, 06:53 AM
ok perfect, my sleeve is black.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.