First Porsche, Purchased 997.1TT - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

Notices
997 Turbo / GT2 2006Ė2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.

First Porsche, Purchased 997.1TT

Old 01-10-2018, 12:53 PM
bijanmaleki is on a distinguished road
First Porsche, Purchased 997.1TT

Hello all,

First Porsche (well since a 944 I owned 15 years ago for a brief amount of time).

07 997TT with 11900 miles. Wondering how I did, what is the real market value.

Also have intermittent TPMS light going off, did a brief search looks like I will need new sensor?

Old 01-10-2018, 03:26 PM
lliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to behold
Very nice. A car I would have certainly looked at, one of the lowest miles vehicles I have seen.

I like the options. You will like the Sport option.

TPMS sensor (if only 1 is on the fritz). I would do all 4. I have seen posts of what guys are using, a quick search should get you pointed in the right direction.

I think $60K - $80K is what I have seen depending on various things - condition, mileage, modded, etc. for the car I was looking for. Other guys might have a better idea and a better range.

Really sharp car, you are going to love it.

Ed

Old 01-10-2018, 04:56 PM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
Looks nice, but a pretty standard build sheet. If I had to suggest a realistic market value (not a "sit unsold on the Rennlist classifieds for months on end" value) I'd say $75-78k.

Old 01-10-2018, 05:50 PM
Kayaknfly is an unknown quantity at this point
For that mileage and condition a few dealers would list for high $80kís and sit on it for months. Some of the porsche speciality dealers are sitting on low mileage cars(turbos) with no plan of dropping their prices.

Old 01-10-2018, 10:14 PM
Harry Da Hamster is a name known to allHarry Da Hamster is a name known to allHarry Da Hamster is a name known to allHarry Da Hamster is a name known to allHarry Da Hamster is a name known to allHarry Da Hamster is a name known to all
I like the fact it's a low option build with most of the essentials. It has the Adaptive Sport Seats and Sport Chrono, but it's missing the Limited Slip Diff. I'd say a realistic market valuation would be around the 68-72k range.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:23 AM
Johnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny DB has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats! Nice looking TT and garage!

Old 01-11-2018, 02:37 PM
s65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to all
Congrats! Looks great.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:54 PM
Basic Sponsor
SamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond reputeSamboTT@ByDesign has a reputation beyond repute
+1 nice find!

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - SRM - IPD Plenums - SACHS - dodsonmotorsport

Dedicated Customer Service Since 1998. - 310.600.1850 [email protected]
Old 01-11-2018, 03:22 PM
I wish I could take credit for the garage however that is my Father in Law's garage. I found this car for him several years ago, it was immaculate. I asked him for first right of refusal should he ever decide to sell the car. Long story short he turned 80 over December and as he is still limber and in good health decided he wanted his last exotic, a Ferrari. He needed to make some room for it and called the dealer he bought it from and was offered a number in the mid 60s as trade in, I matched the offer and we closed the deal last week. Now I am having trouble getting the car shipped to Az due to the big auctions. Interstate quoted 5 weeks as did reliable and horseless carriage, and I really don't trust the brokers. Any suggestions?

Old 01-11-2018, 04:23 PM
Skwerl will become famous soon enoughSkwerl will become famous soon enough
So you got an 11k-mile 6spd TT for "mid-$60s" and you're asking how you did? Come on, now.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:09 PM
PoundCake is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Skwerl View Post
So you got an 11k-mile 6spd TT for "mid-$60s" and you're asking how you did? Come on, now.
Agreed, you did well.....

Old 01-11-2018, 05:21 PM
mattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the roughmattgarrett is a jewel in the rough
HaHaHa....you know how you did......

Old 01-11-2018, 06:28 PM
s65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to alls65e90 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by bijanmaleki View Post
I wish I could take credit for the garage however that is my Father in Law's garage. I found this car for him several years ago, it was immaculate. I asked him for first right of refusal should he ever decide to sell the car. Long story short he turned 80 over December and as he is still limber and in good health decided he wanted his last exotic, a Ferrari. He needed to make some room for it and called the dealer he bought it from and was offered a number in the mid 60s as trade in, I matched the offer and we closed the deal last week. Now I am having trouble getting the car shipped to Az due to the big auctions. Interstate quoted 5 weeks as did reliable and horseless carriage, and I really don't trust the brokers. Any suggestions?
Go fly and drive it home? How could you not want to do that?

Old 01-11-2018, 11:00 PM
shawkinguk is a jewel in the roughshawkinguk is a jewel in the roughshawkinguk is a jewel in the rough
Nice choice of colour!

Congrats - great car

Old 01-12-2018, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by Skwerl View Post
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
Agreed, you did well.....
Originally Posted by mattgarrett View Post
HaHaHa....you know how you did......
Really didnít spend the time to do a ton of research besides seeing some asks like mentioned above. The consumer kbb and nada values were 61-71k so figured I was into for a reasonable amount of money but seems like I am money ahead.
Originally Posted by s65e90 View Post
Go fly and drive it home? How could you not want to do that?
Did that with my z06 7 years ago and would again but weather in Sd and Colorado is quaestionable, I donít know if I can squeeze the Time as this is my busy season so would be smarter to just get it shipped.
Originally Posted by shawkinguk View Post
Nice choice of colour!

Congrats - great car
Thanks Iím excited, trying to be patient but it is hard. I spent three months waiting to on my last toy, which is down for mx again for a few weeks, and my gto is down for a new turbo (6 month going on 2 year project) setup so I will continue to make whooshing noises at my desk and hope no one walks in on me.