parts to change when doing engine drop - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

997 Turbo / GT2 20062012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored By: Dodson Motorsport

parts to change when doing engine drop

Old 01-18-2018, 10:28 AM

mojje is an unknown quantity at this point
parts to change when doing engine drop

Hi.
first i want to say hello to you all cuz this is my first post,im sure it will be more,cuz im new in the porsche 997 tt World so hi again.

And now to my question i Think that i will drop my Engine some day to do a "prevent coolant isue" , i have not had this car so long "im a supra owner that also like porsche turbo" but have read that this is a problem that will happen sooner or later, and my car have 5280 km "33000 miles"
so my question is what should i buy more when i have it on the ground, exept waterpump , and the heat coolant ex pipes i have seen threads about,
feels like idler and tensioners is good to get, but it would be great if you could tell me more parts and the best Place to buy it so i dont need to be ruined,
my English might not be perfect im from sweden so i can sure spell some Words wrong.
//M
Old 01-18-2018, 12:23 PM

The Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bogg has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...motor-out.html

This thread has some good info and gets updated periodically...
Old 01-18-2018, 12:39 PM

Perfect ty sir,
best place to buy the parts like waterpump ect ?
Old 01-18-2018, 01:32 PM

lliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to behold
Not sure about international shipping, but Pelican Parts, ECS Tuning and RM European are places I have used or heard about. I also source some items from Porsche.

Ed
Old 01-21-2018, 08:11 AM

trbofvr is a jewel in the roughtrbofvr is a jewel in the roughtrbofvr is a jewel in the roughtrbofvr is a jewel in the rough
Get some rods while in there
Old 01-21-2018, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trbofvr View Post
Get some rods while in there
I will do some prevent failure job like, coolant,camshaft,
and change injectors for e85, i gonna be happy with around 800/850nm in engine, maybe next year or so i maybe will update rods if i still like the car.