audio setup - 6SpeedOnline - Porsche Forum and Luxury Car Resource

997 Turbo / GT2 20062012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored By: Dodson Motorsport

audio setup

Old 02-12-2018, 01:21 PM

vroomevo is an unknown quantity at this point
audio setup

Hello, all, i am wondering if this system set up make sense and hope to improve sound quality.
i have 997 tt cab with bose system but planning to get complete system.

1)HU pioneer avh 2330
2)focal 2 way 6.5inch component system(k series) in front door(or should I go with 8 inch 2 way system from focal?)
3)focal 4 inch(focal pc100 or isc100) in rear
4)shallow mount 8inch sub x1 in stock woofer box(modified to fit).

I am wondering if i can get 3 channel amp to run front speakers and 8inch sub and rear speakers powered by HU?

let me know what you guys think.
thanks for the input.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:59 PM

Roffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to behold
Old 02-12-2018, 05:57 PM

vroomevo is an unknown quantity at this point
thanks Roffle, went through 50 pages of the link, great information.
I guess i am looking for semi-budget, really want to have rear view camera with HU/blue tooth/gps etc with reasonable sound.
Old 02-13-2018, 05:47 PM

lliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to beholdlliejk is a splendid one to behold
I took the opportunity to read, copy/paste to a document those 50 some pages. It was a pretty good source of information for a partial upgrade of the sound system.

Took some time, but well worth the read. I don't need an audiophile high end system, but wouldn't mind something that sounds more crisp. Eventual plans will be to add the Dension unit to upgraded speakers and see how that goes.

No major desire to replace the Porsche head unit at this time.

Ed
Old 02-14-2018, 01:23 PM

Roffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to beholdRoffle Waffle is a splendid one to behold
focal door speakers + upgraded subwoofer and amp from the last page I documented, is all you need. car sound excellent now