997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997 Turbo MK1 Mods for 900-1000PS Car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 03:11 AM
Zuffenhausener is an unknown quantity at this point
997 Turbo MK1 Mods for 900-1000PS Car

Hallo,
My name is Maurice, i am really happy do come here to many Freaks.

I have and 997 Turbo MK1 and i planing hard mods to this engine.
I have read the last weeks intensiv about mods for this engine for building and 900-1000PS car.

I have a lond Mod list, you can say me better or other mods what i must do for this project, maybe i have forgott anything.
For me, it is important to build this engine with really really good parts, i know, that cost money, but this is okay!
For me is important building a long life 1000PS engine for Street Track/Racing. I know (Long life is a problem in this
horsepower range) but give me your opinion.
For me it is important to build this engine, maybe for more than 1000PS, so i can upgrade the Turbos in next years, if i need more..., i think you know that

So..., sorry for my english, this is not perfect, but i hope all is fine.

Diese Teile plane ich zu verbauen:
- Tial Alpha30 with HTA 76mm Compressor
- AMS (Alpha) Intercooler 5.5
- IPD Y High Flow Pipe with 82mm Throttle upgrade
- Another Aluminium air intake, i have seen, that BBI/IPD produce this? Any options?
- Schrick Camshafts for more filling in the cylinder? Need other Springs too?
- Mahle Pistons building kit for 4.0 Engine with 9,0:1?
- Carillo Rods
- Other Head bolts, maybe M12 building kit? Or is M10 enough too? I have find two companys, with wich do you have best experience?
- I have heard about bolts for the crankcase, is this also available for this engine too?
- GT3 oil Pump for 7600rpm?
- I have seen EVOMS head gasket, what do you say about this? Or can i use original head gasket too, is this also good?
- ATI Damper for Crankshaft
- Flywheel (Fidanza or so) with Sachs Performance Clutch
- 1300ccm Injectors
- Aluminium coolant pipes
- Wather/Meth Snow Performance
- Schmidt (German Flap Exhaust) (I can do catless if i need)

- Need other Spark plugs or ignition coils?
- Whith which fuel pump and which with pressure do you have best experience?

Is this all what i need, or i have forgett anything?
What do you say about this mod list?

Old 06-24-2018, 03:40 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
If you are doing 4.0ltr, you wont want tiny alpha 76's, also you'll need more of a fuel system, especially depending on what gas you will run.

Check out 9ff, they are based in Germany.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:43 AM
Originally Posted by gofast
If you are doing 4.0ltr, you wont want tiny alpha 76's, also you'll need more of a fuel system, especially depending on what gas you will run.

Check out 9ff, they are based in Germany.
Why i dont want alpha76mm? Are they to small?, I can also original 3.6, but i think little bit more capacity (4.0) they can little bit spooling faster..
I will build the engine myself, dont like 9ff..

Old 06-24-2018, 03:52 AM
gofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud ofgofast has much to be proud of
Alphas are not small, but for 4.0 most would probably go 3582 externally wastegated or something that size.

On race gas with the alphas you can probably make close to what you want without building the engine.

The AMS intercoolers come with a Y Pipe btw so you wont need an IPD one. Also if you are not using E85, just pump/meth or race gas your injector choice should be good without upgrading anything else.

Your best place to start is to pick a tuner, if you are going 4.0, I would go with syvecs ecu.

Speak to Sambo for parts and knowledge on here too and I'm sure others with chime in shortly.

Old 06-24-2018, 03:53 AM
If you are worried about spool, I run 3071 and it spools same as VTG's.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:00 AM
Originally Posted by gofast
If you are worried about spool, I run 3071 and it spools same as VTG's.

Yes, i have seen this with IPD too, i think the Y pipe from AMS are prefectly, so i only need 82mm throttle.
I think, if i have the engine out and open, i can build a 4.0, that is the reason.

Okay, but i can not build the engine with externel wastegate, i will get german TÜV and get to the labor after the car is finish, that is not so easy with externel wastegate
If 4.0 is not needed 100% proecent, i dont change this, but i thought, if i buy pistons, i can buy from fvd or mahle directly the 4.0 option.
I have heard that the original pistons are okay for 1000ps.., but i think if i have build out the engine and open it, i can build better parts than original, so if i need more power anytime i can get bigger turbos or other mapping.

Yes, i have seen syvecs too, i think this is nice, i have seen cobb also..
I mapping at the moment the BMW M models self, with OLS and Alientech Master tools.
I have not experience with syvcecs.

I am looking forward to several answers

Much thanks until here, nice helps!

Old 06-24-2018, 04:20 AM
This is maybe a better option as the 4.0 from Mahle, becouse the borsize of mahle is 106mm and i must editing the water box.

This is the 3.8 and they have also the camshafts and head gaskets with M12.
http://www.evoms.com/product_p/eng3.8lra9967tt.htm

Old 06-24-2018, 06:10 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Nice list ...

How will you get the 4.0L? 106's? Or 102's with a stroker crank?

A 4.0 motor with 3076 with have a torque curve so fat you'de hit 1Kwhp before 5K rpm, so epic.

Old 06-24-2018, 06:44 AM
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
Nice list ...

How will you get the 4.0L? 106's? Or 102's with a stroker crank?

A 4.0 motor with 3076 with have a torque curve so fat you'de hit 1Kwhp before 5K rpm, so epic.
German Pisten Company, "Mahle" have this Kit.
https://www.fvd.net/de-de/100103041TU/mahle-umbau-41l-kolbenzylinder-turbo-911-fuer-mod-996-997-turbo-gt2.html

Do you have any or better ideas for the mod list and so?

Old 06-24-2018, 07:39 AM
TT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond reputeTT.BRN has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zuffenhausener

Diese Teile plane ich zu verbauen:
- Tial Alpha30 with HTA 76mm Compressor
- AMS (Alpha) Intercooler 5.5
- IPD Y High Flow Pipe with 82mm Throttle upgrade
- Another Aluminium air intake, i have seen, that BBI/IPD produce this? Any options?
- Schrick Camshafts for more filling in the cylinder? Need other Springs too?
- Mahle Pistons building kit for 4.0 Engine with 9,0:1?
- Carillo Rods
- Other Head bolts, maybe M12 building kit? Or is M10 enough too? I have find two companys, with wich do you have best experience?
- I have heard about bolts for the crankcase, is this also available for this engine too?
- GT3 oil Pump for 7600rpm?
- I have seen EVOMS head gasket, what do you say about this? Or can i use original head gasket too, is this also good?
- ATI Damper for Crankshaft
- Flywheel (Fidanza or so) with Sachs Performance Clutch
- 1300ccm Injectors
- Aluminium coolant pipes
- Wather/Meth Snow Performance
- Schmidt (German Flap Exhaust) (I can do catless if i need)

- Need other Spark plugs or ignition coils?
- Whith which fuel pump and which with pressure do you have best experience?

Is this all what i need, or i have forgett anything?
What do you say about this mod list?

You sure came to the correct place, great knowledge base in these forums and Im sure others will chime in with more opinions .. Almost everything has options and its down to your budget/use ...

Lets break this down

- Turbo: I'de skip the Alphas, go Garrett or PTE, external gates with proper headers. Size depends what kind of machine you want to drive.
- AMS kit: yes!!
- Y-pipe : no need AMS will give you one
- Intake: not really a must for 1000hp, GT3 style intakes are best, worth it if you will do 12 injectors imo .
- Cams: ohh yes, have the intake sleeves pinned before using
- Studs: 3 options depending on the gaskets you will use. M10's and 7/16" with timeserts will both clear stock gaskets, M12 will work with cometics only.
- Oil pump: not sure why this is an upgrade for the 997tt. Stock is perfectly capable. RPM is limited by the lifters/tappets, they will come aparts at about 7600rpm. If you really want the revs you will need a very costly gt3 style heads/cams conversion.
- Sachs clutch will not take that much power, twin or triple clutch needed.
- Stock fuel system on a built 4.1 will give up around 1000whp on gasoline, injectors alone will not be enough.
- Spark: I've seen the stock system handle upto 2bar of boost with gasoline, will struggle earlier on ethanol. Cure is wiring in a capacitor/ booster.

Who will tune the car when its all done? Maybe you should run the list by them to get their input and what they would use for your goals. Also look into a standalone ecu, while the stock ecu will definitely work, a standalone is a better insurance policy with some extra perks.

Whatever you do document it and make a thread

Good luck ..

Old 06-24-2018, 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by TT.BRN
You sure came to the correct place, great knowledge base in these forums and Im sure others will chime in with more opinions .. Almost everything has options and its down to your budget/use ...

Lets break this down

- Turbo: I'de skip the Alphas, go Garrett or PTE, external gates with proper headers. Size depends what kind of machine you want to drive.
- AMS kit: yes!!
- Y-pipe : no need AMS will give you one
- Intake: not really a must for 1000hp, GT3 style intakes are best, worth it if you will do 12 injectors imo .
- Cams: ohh yes, have the intake sleeves pinned before using
- Studs: 3 options depending on the gaskets you will use. M10's and 7/16" with timeserts will both clear stock gaskets, M12 will work with cometics only.
- Oil pump: not sure why this is an upgrade for the 997tt. Stock is perfectly capable. RPM is limited by the lifters/tappets, they will come aparts at about 7600rpm. If you really want the revs you will need a very costly gt3 style heads/cams conversion.
- Sachs clutch will not take that much power, twin or triple clutch needed.
- Stock fuel system on a built 4.1 will give up around 1000whp on gasoline, injectors alone will not be enough.
- Spark: I've seen the stock system handle upto 2bar of boost with gasoline, will struggle earlier on ethanol. Cure is wiring in a capacitor/ booster.

Who will tune the car when its all done? Maybe you should run the list by them to get their input and what they would use for your goals. Also look into a standalone ecu, while the stock ecu will definitely work, a standalone is a better insurance policy with some extra perks.

Whatever you do document it and make a thread

Good luck ..
This is great that here are the right people. Sounds fine.
Why Do you dont like Alpha Turbos, which reason?

Intake is Not a must, okay understand, but i can change this too if engine is out, do you know which company have on?

Which way would you like on gasket? M12 with cometic or M10 with Stock? What ist better?

Okay, no i dont take GT3 Headers, i tought the oil pump have Limit It, i have read on any thread last days, but nice to know.

Yes injectors are Not enough, need fuel pump System, but with which do you have good experience?

I can change sparks and ignition coil also, need only link for buying this articels. Dont cost so much, only a part of this long mod list.

Maybe syvecs are good Option, but i dont have experience with this.
I tought Maybe mod original ecu, but is syvecs the best alternativ, maybe going this way.
Maybe anybody can help me After building with syvces.

I have only tune original ECUs, also stand alone Swaps, but only BMW AG and M, tuned with OLS.

I dont know syvecs maybe other companys here can say about this.

Eure, if i build Engine, i will get a thread here, for eure! With high quality pictures also!

Thanks to all.

Old 06-24-2018, 04:17 PM
ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !ysfg35 Is a GOD !
First advise find someone who can build it right from the first time , do not forget to do good heads porting and better valve trains kit to make the engine rev faster
I installed ESM 4.0L ( based on CP pistons as I recall ) good and holding fine 1255awhp all day long !!

Good of luck with your build

Old 06-24-2018, 04:51 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I have a 1300 hp 996 built by Protomotive around 6 years ago. The motor has been very reliable but the motor has broken 3 transmissions in those 6 years. Honestly, the most fun I had with this car when it was a 850-900 hp car. My goal is to change out the tubes to something smaller and get a quieter transmission.
Good luck,
Robert

Last edited by robmd99; 06-24-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2018, 12:39 AM
I think the build (work) is not the problem, i have often build BMW M Engines with high horsepower.
I think the experience of the components is it.

Example: I have read here that the ARP head studs are not so fine, only the sharkwerkz in 12mm bolts for the headers work perfectly, or a 10mm original screw with secret.

I think Mahle Pistons are also good option with carillo rods, what say the other to this option?
Any special bolts for the crankcase build?

Anyone have good cameshafts or can grind it? i only have find "schrick and evoms"

I have found the valve train kit:
https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Ferre...train-Kit.html

But with which camshafts?
I will only do 7500rpm not more, i think this is enough.

Ah, i often heard that the 997 Turbo have better transmision as the 996, but 1300hp is incredible number :-)