997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

COBB Custom tune - need vendor support

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2019, 08:51 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
COBB Custom tune - need vendor support

Hey folks, looking for advice and potentially a vendor that would be open to step in and support.

In early 2015 I had bought a custom COBB tune, with lifetime support from Dzenno ProTuningFreaks.
He was great, but now they are out of the Porsche tuning game and no longer supporting COBB/tunes.

I'm looking to upgrade my injectors to 1300 and hoping to find a vendor that can help support. I generally update the tune every 2 years or so, when I update engine parts.
I'm hoping that I don't have to repurchase the tune with a new vendor.

Doesn't have to be local. Who can help?
@Emre@Esmotor ??? You available bro

Current setup: Champion Intercoolers, 68mm Champion VTGs, Larger hoses, 82mm Throttle body + IDP Parts (plenum, y-pipe), 3” exhaust (Kline GT2RS - no cats but with one set of large mufflers).

Old 05-04-2019, 08:54 AM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
Did you call Sam (By design)? I'm sure he will hook you up.

Old 05-04-2019, 09:03 AM
pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !pureporsche Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ctony66
Did you call Sam (By design)? I'm sure he will hook you up.
Good call - I'll shoot him a note.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:42 AM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
Pure, are you using e85? Otherwise why change your injectors? I ran ID1000s with my Champion 68s on pumpgas and they were more than enough...

Old 05-04-2019, 10:52 AM
jazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the roughjazzwu is a jewel in the rough
Emre of esmotor is who I would personally go with. Great support and tuning a lot of really fast porsches over the years. Hit him up and see if he can lend you new support.

Old 05-04-2019, 10:55 AM
3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !3llooi Is a GOD !
Emre basically has the fastest Porsches on all mod levels.

And the most consistent in performance and reliability.

Originally Posted by pureporsche
Hey folks, looking for advice and potentially a vendor that would be open to step in and support.

In early 2015 I had bought a custom COBB tune, with lifetime support from Dzenno ProTuningFreaks.
He was great, but now they are out of the Porsche tuning game and no longer supporting COBB/tunes.

I'm looking to upgrade my injectors to 1300 and hoping to find a vendor that can help support. I generally update the tune every 2 years or so, when I update engine parts.
I'm hoping that I don't have to repurchase the tune with a new vendor.

Doesn't have to be local. Who can help?
@Emre@Esmotor ??? You available bro

Current setup: Champion Intercoolers, 68mm Champion VTGs, Larger hoses, 82mm Throttle body + IDP Parts (plenum, y-pipe), 3” exhaust (Kline GT2RS - no cats but with one set of large mufflers).

Old 05-04-2019, 11:07 AM
993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !993Godspeed Is a GOD !
I’ll resonate what some of the members have said. Emre at ESmotor has the ability to take your car to the next level. At whatever power level you desire. Where are you located? If close AIM performance partner with ESmotor would be your solution located in NJ

Old 05-04-2019, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by The Bogg
Pure, are you using e85? Otherwise why change your injectors? I ran ID1000s with my Champion 68s on pumpgas and they were more than enough...
I believe the 1000's are discontinued, just 1300 are manufactured /sold, at least that's whats stated on the COBB site now.
Yup 94 Oct here on the west coast, and currently I still have stock injectors which from my correspondence with my former tuner were stated to be maxed on injector duty cycle.

Old 05-04-2019, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Thanks for reaching out Pure. As the largest Cobb supplier/tuner for the Porsche platform I am sure my team and I can help you meet your goals. You definitely have some options. I would be happy to help anywhere I can and guarantee your satisfaction 100%. Even if you just need some guidance feel free to reach out about it anytime Glad you are loving the Kline!
Hey Sam - great to connect with you again. I'll take this to PM.

Old 05-04-2019, 06:00 PM
The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !The Bogg Is a GOD !
I believe the 1000's are discontinued, just 1300 are manufactured /sold, at least that's whats stated on the COBB site now.
Yup 94 Oct here on the west coast, and currently I still have stock injectors which from my correspondence with my former tuner were stated to be maxed on injector duty cycle.
Oh I see, you're on stock injectors. yeah for sure you need to upgrade, lol, otherwise your duty cycles would be too high even on the ultra94 gas (which I use too). To be honest, if you aren't going to be using e85 I would probably look at something around 1000cc or even a little less because, if I understand correctly, you get into some minor issues with the larger injectors as far as idle etc... Or maybe things have gotten better. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in...

Old 05-05-2019, 04:39 AM
Basic Sponsor
Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !Emre@Esmotor Is a GOD !
Hello,

Yes, of course,

I'm working harder than ever, have remote customers all around the world, from USA to China..

Just got your email too, will reply now.

Cheers!
Emre

100-200km/h: 2.16 sec
200-300km/h: 3.43 sec
60-130mph: 2.52 sec
100-150mph: 2.19 sec
Email: emre@esmotor.com.tr
Web: http://www.esmotor.com.tr
Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/esmotor
Old 05-06-2019, 03:39 PM
yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !yllwturbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Emre@Esmotor
Hello,

Yes, of course,

I'm working harder than ever, have remote customers all around the world, from USA to China..

Just got your email too, will reply now.

Cheers!
Emre

Glad you saw the thread Emre 😯. Your reputation are known In the Porsche tuning world already . Great job, there are some ppl that like to step over you even if no one asked for him.
That the op should pick esmotor because he is proven fastest Porsche’s

Last edited by yllwturbo; 05-06-2019 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-07-2019, 07:20 AM
Hey folks. Thanks for everyone's opinions - really appreciate it.
I've spoken with both Emre and Sam, both solid guys and knowledgeable.

I've decided to move ahead with Sam. Not a price decision, but a decision around locality, convenience and that I've done business with him before, and his customer service is really second to none. Doesn't hurt he has produced some of the fastest VTG porsches on the planet. I'm looking not to swap out my 68mm VTGs either.

Will keep everyone updated on results. Tuning starts this week.

Old 05-07-2019, 08:30 AM
Boosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond reputeBoosted TTS has a reputation beyond repute
Hey folks. Thanks for everyone's opinions - really appreciate it.
I've spoken with both Emre and Sam, both solid guys and knowledgeable.

I've decided to move ahead with Sam. Not a price decision, but a decision around locality, convenience and that I've done business with him before, and his customer service is really second to none. Doesn't hurt he has produced some of the fastest VTG porsches on the planet. I'm looking not to swap out my 68mm VTGs either.

Will keep everyone updated on results. Tuning starts this week.
Welcome to the By Design team, like you said...customer service is second to none!

Manuel

Old 05-07-2019, 06:05 PM
ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !ctony66 Is a GOD !
You wont be sorry!!! He is top notch.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: COBB Custom tune - need vendor support