997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport
View Poll Results: which color would you choose
Slate Grey with Black/Teracottaca
29.27%
Cobalt Blue with Black/Stone Grey or Black interior
29.27%
Carrara White with Black/Teracottaca
41.46%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Confused....need some help

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 06:32 AM
SHAIKH has a spectacular aura aboutSHAIKH has a spectacular aura about
Confused....need some help

i often narrow my options down and then get really confused on which one to get. i am about to order the 997 Turbo and love these three colors on the car:
1. Slate Grey with Black/Teracotta
2. Cobalt Blue with Black/Stone Grey or Black interior
3. White with Black/Teracotta

I also love black but since i am from Oman (Middle-East) it will become too hot for me. i think the darker colors really show the curves of the car but even though i like the grey as it is subtle and nice looking the blue has its charm with its color. white is also neutral but i dont think something unique to porsche like the cobalt and the slate(greenish brownish) grey.

i know the decision is mine but i would appreciate to know your views. i have to order it soon so i can get a delivery in jan or feb

Last edited by SHAIKH; 06-28-2006 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:44 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
I'd go for the Slate grey option...I saw one yesterday and was pretty good...the one I'd like to have!
Very happy to help you make a decision

Last edited by pilone; 06-28-2006 at 06:47 AM.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:37 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Carrera White

Old 06-28-2006, 10:09 AM
ritchieswimwear is an unknown quantity at this point
Try Silver with a light cream (custom color) interior, it would look great and keep you cool, and you would be the only one.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:02 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
white!!! ....

Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 PM
B7R
B7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura aboutB7R has a spectacular aura about
I would go with White ...
This color is amazing with the new 997 brushed wheels...
Just imagine how the car would look like if it was ordered in white with color to sample - Blue Leather, full carbon, PCCB, and of course sports seats painted with exterior color

Old 06-28-2006, 01:08 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Can never go wrong with white, ( i like midnight blue ). Seal grey is another eye catcher

Old 06-28-2006, 02:32 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
WHITE!! If you look at all the turbos in the pictures the one thing that I like about the white is the fact that it shows off all the shadows and intakes etc.. so much more than the darker colors. I have had 5 Porsches(3 turbo 996) and I have had silver, sealgrey, midnight blue,and 2 blacks.
Well after seeing a white 996TT a while ago I fell in love with the white. Not only is it classy IMO, I think its so much easier to take care of.

Old 06-28-2006, 02:47 PM
ritchieswimwear is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
WHITE!! If you look at all the turbos in the pictures the one thing that I like about the white is the fact that it shows off all the shadows and intakes etc.. so much more than the darker colors. I have had 5 Porsches(3 turbo 996) and I have had silver, sealgrey, midnight blue,and 2 blacks.
Well after seeing a white 996TT a while ago I fell in love with the white. Not only is it classy IMO, I think its so much easier to take care of.
I had a 1990 Grand Prix White with Linen interior when the C2's just came out. It was beautiful, but I think the Linen interior made it look even better, because I would see cars with grey or black interiors and they just did not looks as clean looking as mine, the effect with the slight green tint in the windows made it look awesome. My girlfriend at the time, who is now my wife loved that 911 the most, of course I wasn't as old and tired back then, so see has good memories.

Old 06-28-2006, 06:09 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Why does everyone call these wheels brushed? They appear polished in the flesh!

Take all three, man. Any one of those three will be stunners!

Old 06-29-2006, 01:59 AM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
I think white and grey are the sickest color's on these car's IMO! My first choice would be White/Tera then Grey/Terra

Old 06-29-2006, 06:54 AM
Cognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant futureCognac has a brilliant future
white angel...

Old 06-29-2006, 07:55 AM
SHAIKH has a spectacular aura aboutSHAIKH has a spectacular aura about
thanks a lot on your views guys. but i am not really sure about if white will really look better than the grey's, ie, looks more appealing, showing off the curves more. guess i have to see one in person before i place my order. i cant wait to order...it will take 6 moths for the delivery.

Pilone just mentioned that atlas is much better looking than slate. since i havent seen either one. what is the real difference. the post of the atlas grey 997 was amazing as well. i guess i am just beating my head over this thing, i love that color now too...

Old 06-29-2006, 11:43 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
Originally Posted by SHAIKH
thanks a lot on your views guys. but i am not really sure about if white will really look better than the grey's, ie, looks more appealing, showing off the curves more. guess i have to see one in person before i place my order. i cant wait to order...it will take 6 moths for the delivery.

Pilone just mentioned that atlas is much better looking than slate. since i havent seen either one. what is the real difference. the post of the atlas grey 997 was amazing as well. i guess i am just beating my head over this thing, i love that color now too...
So Shaikh...I just did it...this the colour difference.
I hope I helped you...see the Atlas is better...AHAHA IMO

Last edited by pilone; 12-09-2006 at 08:35 AM.
Old 06-29-2006, 12:31 PM
variable is on a distinguished road
my vote goes to cobalt

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.