997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

To wait or not to wait?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 11:16 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
To wait or not to wait?

My current lease is up on Feb. 1st, spoke with the dealership and they said if I get the ball rolling now they can have the car delivered to me just as I get out of my other car.

The reason I'm hesitant to pull the trigger is I would definitely prefer to get the 997TT ordered with X50, a GT wing, and hopefully some other wheels.

Now as far as the exterior mods, that's not a big deal because you can always go aftermarket anyway.

My main concern is the X50. I dont want to mod the car heavily and I would prefer to have the extra power completely hassle free and under warranty. Does anyone know how soon the X50 package was rolled out for the 996TT, if there is a good chance that it will be available on the '08 should I delay 6 months till summer time, or just give into impulse and have it ready for February ?

Any suggestions welcome.

Previous car: '05 M3 (so technically speaking with or without the X50 the TT will be a complete monster).

Old 07-24-2006, 12:12 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Saw the car for the first time @ CC this morning... Do it!

This green color was STUNNING! It was black untill sunlight hit it, and then you saw tons of metallic flake.

Old 07-24-2006, 12:27 AM
drbf is on a distinguished road
Great looking cars, Is that green that needs clear sides?

Old 07-24-2006, 01:02 AM
turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !turbo187 Is a GOD !
Carpe diem. i would get my hands on one as soon as possible!

Old 07-24-2006, 01:56 AM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
that green one!!!!!!!!!! DANG!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-24-2006, 03:27 PM
cayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond reputecayenne_ksa has a reputation beyond repute
nice pic's thank you

Old 07-24-2006, 06:45 PM
NiATE is on a distinguished road
Great pics! That green is really interesting!

Old 07-25-2006, 02:35 AM
habitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nicehabitat is just really nice
The white is tight!

Old 07-25-2006, 04:37 AM
SuperDarius996T is on a distinguished road
have you got other pics of the white one?

Old 07-25-2006, 04:43 AM
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Guys dont hijack this thread! Ill post up some more pics in another thread in the morning...

Old 07-25-2006, 05:55 AM
Alan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond reputeAlan has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't wait

I've put 1500 miles on my black 997tt and I can tell you that the car is not lacking in power ! I have yet to be able to use the sportchrono boost for more than 5 secs before I am in "go-to-jail-territory" (at least here in NJ). I can't imagine needing more power, unless you intend to track the car and I really don't think it's a great track car anyhow - too heavy and too expensive to bang up.

Just make sure you order the sportchrono - your M3 will feel like someone dropped a 4 cylinder in it after driving the 997tt.

Old 07-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Red Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to allRed Devil is a name known to all
You will most certainly be better off waiting on 2 fronts: 1) pricing will surely drop some at the time frame you are looking at, probably below MSRP 2) I doubt it will happen so soon regarding the X-50 thing but you never know. Historically, most manufacturers including Porsche save something like that to infuse a little boost (pun intended) into a model line as it's run progresses. The only thing that might make it happen sooner is Porsche's greed and the fact that they will get almost $20,000 for something worth 5,000.

Old 07-25-2006, 08:04 AM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Go ahead and pull the trigger now! 480 HP is more than you could ever use on the street anyway. The only reason I might wait would be for the rumored sport exhaust option in '07-'08, but I think they're just going to bundle it with an x50 package for 20k extra. If you wait and get stuck in a lease on something you hate you're gonna torture yourself evertime you see a TT go by.
BTW that green looks really cool, any more shots?

Old 07-28-2006, 02:06 AM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I'm not really considering any other cars atm, so its not question of the 997TT and something else, just a question of when. The dealer Im working with also isnt doing anything over MSRP so price isnt a concern for waiting.

Just mainly the aero and the x50? Anyone else have any suggestions, or better yet some inside info

Old 07-28-2006, 07:33 AM
pilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nicepilone is just really nice
The green one is pretty good...these shots are impressive!
Hey man buy it NOW!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: To wait or not to wait?