997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Change of Pace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 03:26 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
Also, IMO the Gallardo is a GREAT car and has that Exotic thing going on. But I also feel that its to stale and lacks a bit of that soul. I felt the turbo had MUCH more soul than the Gallardo. I think that the speed thing will always be a part of me and thats why I have also decided to buy in the future a HEAVILY modded 996TT for my need for speed days.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:30 PM
IF ANYBODY WANTS MY CAR YOU CAN CALL THIS # 516 815 7900-Jimmy.

Old 10-12-2006, 03:56 PM
cooperlee will become famous soon enough
congrats Kevin!!! I will miss the white tt not being next to my blk tt at MMM...ahhahahahahahaha

Old 10-12-2006, 04:14 PM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
I was in the same position as you. I was really debating between a 360 and my turbo. Actually I had decided on getting the 360 but I just could not find the car I wanted. So the turbo arrived and just decided to get it. I really do want a 430 and I plan to get one once the prices soften up on them. I am surprised you are getting one in Feb close to sticker. Every dealer I have spoke is asking at least 40k over sticker, even on slightly used one. To get one at sticker you have to wait something like 3 years, but thats not even guarenteed. Enjoy the 360.

Old 10-12-2006, 04:18 PM
not this Feb. NEXT Feb. feb. 08'

Old 10-12-2006, 05:07 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by CARVER
Just my $.02 on the Fcar thing, but, if some here are thinking of going 355, do some research on the maint. costs/history of that car.
Although some have been trouble free, many have not. The F1 box/clutch has been one of the issues.
Since most get a Ferrari for the "soul", I rec. getting the 6sp. manual over the F1 for the same reason, not to mention the F1 maint. history.
Don't get me wrong, the 355 is an awesome car, but the 360 is an improvement in both technology and reliability.
The F1 is better and less expensive to fix (pump) in the 360 than the 355, and monsoon,
I'm sure you'll enjoy your F1, but I'd personally still get the 6sp. there too after missing the clutch in my SMG M3.....personal preference....
In the 360, the belt maint. is a big one but otherwise it seems to have better reliability and lower costs to repair than similar mileage 355 models.
But if you really love the look/sound/rear radiator design etc. of the 355, then that's what you should get....just fully research your new passion first...
Go to http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/ for more info....

If I can be so bold as to offer another $.02 to the guys thinking of making a "change of pace"......I promise not to exceed $.05 for the thread........
It really comes down to personal preference and the type of drive you want with those two cars.
The Gallardo is a little newer and has more straight line punch along with the aggressive lambo styling, not to mention awd and a little more comfort.
The 360 is 250lb. lighter and feels it with telepathic steering, handling and feel while making beautiful exhaust noises when paired with the capi/tubi exhaust.

Overall, if I were looking to go for a Lambo/Ferrari switch, I'd ask myself these questions....obviously this is just one person's take on the points....

1.do I value straight line acceleration/torque........Gallardo
2.do I value steering/handling/agility/dynamic feel......360
3.do I value racing heritage/history of the marque......360
4.do I value a more sharp edged design...............Gallardo
5.do I value a smoother more flowing design..............360
6.do I value comfort and highway cruising............Gallardo
7.do I value country/mountain road driving................360
8.do I value awd for my environment...................Gallardo
9.do I intend to also do track days...........................360
10. And here's the kicker, the big one when you buy a car like this.....
When I get in and start it, drive it, feel it, hear it scream, look around at it....which one gets my blood boiling more???
These are emotional cars and to make a decision based purely on objective stats. is to miss the point imho....

It's funny when guys "advise" others that the 360 is too slow compared to a 997TT or the Gallardo is a Ferrari poser etc.....
It doesn't matter because they're not the one getting the emotional kick out of it....you are and your emotional reaction will be different.....
Go drive them and see which one you "connect" with...that's why so many others don't get it......

For me personally, the 360 with 6sp. manual/CS wheels/suspension/rear panel and the capi exhaust just flips a switch....short of a CS or F430....
you don't even have to drive fast to get that rush....it's there all the time....imho that's better than any magazine stat. or internet bravado.....
You couldnt be more right, and that is what got me thinking! I actually justy went to the dealer, and the guy said 360 is obviously gorgeous, sounds and feels amazing, Gallardo almost as much besides for little interior differences, gallardo is sure footed yet feels heavier, but so much more planted. He said he would take a 997tt over all of them and they just sold one, and the guy was also looking at a 360, crazy!

Its tough, i dont know, i feel the Gallardo is just like the 997TT in terms of driveability and so on, just a different experience with sound and feel/looks, maintenance isnt expensive really at all!

Old 10-12-2006, 05:09 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by monsoonmadness
Also, IMO the Gallardo is a GREAT car and has that Exotic thing going on. But I also feel that its to stale and lacks a bit of that soul. I felt the turbo had MUCH more soul than the Gallardo. I think that the speed thing will always be a part of me and thats why I have also decided to buy in the future a HEAVILY modded 996TT for my need for speed days.
Yea man, Gallardo is extremely exotic on the outside, on the inside i feel its lacking a bit

BTW im going to call up about your 997TT, you going to the Americana Saturday morning??

Old 10-12-2006, 05:13 PM
CARVER is on a distinguished road
Thanks, it sounds like you are going through the right steps.....you'll know when you drive the right one...
Have you driven the 360 and the Gallardo back to back??
Try to find a 6sp. 360 with a tubi/capi exhaust for comparison...

Old 10-12-2006, 05:15 PM
Thanks, it sounds like you are going through the right steps.....you'll know when you drive the right one...
Have you driven the 360 and the Gallardo back to back??
Try to find a 6sp. 360 with a tubi/capi exhaust for comparison...
Nope i havent driven a 360 F1/6spd yet, been in a Gallardo E-Gear not 6speed either :/ Its hard toc ome by both in 6speed, especially to test drive back to back

Old 10-12-2006, 05:16 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
wow ordering a F430 is a ***** huh..........i was at a local F dealer and a salesman told me it would take awhile for an F430 but wow now i see how much it really takes......how can you stand the wait?

Old 10-12-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by noslushbox
wow ordering a F430 is a ***** huh..........i was at a local F dealer and a salesman told me it would take awhile for an F430 but wow now i see how much it really takes......how can you stand the wait?
Well, for most people who can afford the car in general, do not want to wait. Therefore these dealer's and private parties are asking w/e they want over sticker and getting it LOL.. Ive seen a few for sale on various dealer sites, all for 230k on up!

Old 10-12-2006, 05:37 PM
CARVER is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by iLLM3
Nope i havent driven a 360 F1/6spd yet, been in a Gallardo E-Gear not 6speed either :/ Its hard toc ome by both in 6speed, especially to test drive back to back
I know what you mean, but it will be worth it to travel a little to experience them all to make your decision.

Old 10-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Raz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to allRaz5219 is a name known to all
360 Modena 04'Upgraded wheels, extended warranty, One owner(Long Is.) 65 year old man.. Cleaner than my new turbo!!

TDF(tor D France) Blue. Dark saddle, shields, F1. Tubi, 2208 miles, Original sticker 183,800.
</p>That color combo must look amazing! Being a fellow Long Islander, I'm gonna have to ask you for a ride once you get the prancing horse. I've driven a 360 F1, but with a lot of miles on it. I'm betting one with less miles will feel much tighter and more fun to drive. What's this I hear about Americana? Is there a meet that takes place there on Saturday mornings?

Old 10-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I know what you mean, but it will be worth it to travel a little to experience them all to make your decision.
Very true, let me see if i can make it happen

Old 10-12-2006, 06:05 PM
PorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant futurePorscheC4 has a brilliant future
I LOVE PORSCHES! but i happen to like the gallardo a lot as well. i will likely add one to be the other sports car next to the Porsche. i find that they are really not ones to hold value all that well, but that doesnt matter to me. i think the turbo has more soul and character as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Change of Pace