997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

new 997 turbo creaking sound

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 06:40 PM
redzephir is on a distinguished road
new 997 turbo creaking sound

new 997 tt with 1000 gentle miles so far. has anyone else noticed a creaking , similiar to what a cabrio would have, when slowly turning into a gas station , parking garage etc?

Old 04-08-2007, 06:52 PM
stealth is on a distinguished road
What area in the car?

Old 04-08-2007, 06:54 PM
redzephir is on a distinguished road
roof. towards the back end. honestly sounds like the sound a cabrio would make with the roof up...as i drive up over the lip of the road, the car gives a little creaking sound........

Old 04-08-2007, 07:18 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by redzephir
new 997 tt with 1000 gentle miles so far. has anyone else noticed a creaking , similiar to what a cabrio would have, when slowly turning into a gas station , parking garage etc?
I got a squeak coming from the right front for the first 20-30 miles. Seems to go away after the tt is driven a bit. Mine must be front suspension.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:01 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Take it to the dealer. You have a broken weld in the rear. They are having issues with the spot welds. I fixed mine myself, but there is a TSB for the left side inner wall.

My issue is the right rear quarter. If you press on the tail light you hear the quarter creak. Generally you here it when coming into a driveway or driving rather slow over a bump while turning. I have installed extra welds in the area of a triangle. I suspect that more will see issues with this. It is a matter of time. <O

Old 04-08-2007, 08:18 PM
monsoonmadness is on a distinguished road
Happened to alot of my past 911's. For me what fixed it was spraying some silicone lubricant down the molding that seals the windshield. From the outside, lift up the little rubber seal at the top of the windshield in the center and spray some lube down there.
I think the noise you are hearing is the body flexing and twisting. On all 6 Porsches I had,4 of them came with this sound and all 4 were fixed doing that.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:22 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
Old 04-09-2007, 10:54 PM
vtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these partsvtandon is infamous around these parts
I get the same thing to when I go up on my drive way. The sound come from the back of the car. Does this mean I have a problem? Is it serious?

Old 04-10-2007, 01:55 AM
meatman is on a distinguished road
Since my car will be built this coming week, I hope the problem has been fully identified and corrected. The fact that there's a TSB on it is somewhat reassuring, because I don't want to have to rely on the dealer to perform this repair.

Old 04-10-2007, 02:27 AM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by meatman
Since my car will be built this coming week, I hope the problem has been fully identified and corrected. The fact that there's a TSB on it is somewhat reassuring, because I don't want to have to rely on the dealer to perform this repair.
i believe the problem has been fixed. it was a faulty robot arm in the production line according to Porsche. i wouldn't trust dealer either.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:53 AM
Whew! Thanks for the reassurance, Arling.

Old 04-10-2007, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by 20C4S
i believe the problem has been fixed. it was a faulty robot arm in the production line according to Porsche. i wouldn't trust dealer either.
No, this is not the same issue. That is TSB W710 and it relates only to the left side and VINs from 83882-83971. the NA 997 ws also in this group but we are talkinf TTs here. The TSB relates only to the inner front well not the rear. What we are seeing with what I posted above is on the right side and all the way to the rear. Read: not in the TSB from side nor location.

Old 04-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Great. Now what do I do?

I called Porsche in Atlanta and they told me "the problem had been addressed in all 911's, and when I told them that the TSB only covered NA vehicles with issues on the front left side, the representative said Porsche had sent an email to its US office about the problem on the right side. However, he couldn't provide me with a TSB number or any other information authenticating this issue, so cynical me isn't buying it. But I'm supporsed to write a check for a brand new rather expensive car in about a month. Would there be any benefit from trying to discuss it with anyone at Porsche's office in Utah, or in Germany? Does anyone have contact information?

Old 04-10-2007, 12:25 PM
Connect997T is on a distinguished road
My car started doing the front right creaking noise at 1100 miles. I dropped it off to the dealer in NJ this morning. They thought it may be a bushing.

Old 04-10-2007, 03:01 PM
Hang tight. I talked with my contact this morning at PCNA and they were actually head into a meeting to talk about the weld issue.

The 800-porsche help line knows nothing other than what is in front of their computer. They are there to only input data.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: new 997 turbo creaking sound