997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

ARCTIC SILVER or GT SILVER?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 03:36 PM
fredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond reputefredttx50 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Texas911
Just go with Arctic.

GT Silver is such a rip off. Unless you're side by side with Arctic, no one will know the difference. Then the GT Silver owner will smugly say, but my paint job costs more, so I'm better. Porsche is only playing to some Porsche owners vanity of trying to be different. Seriously, save the money and get some leather bits instead.

Sorry but I don't think the reason people get GT Silver is to say we are better? That statement to me seems very out of place for Porsche guys. But your entitled to your opinion of course

The owner should go with his gut feeling and get what they want.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:55 PM
Brian Haske will become famous soon enoughBrian Haske will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by ss360
ARCTIC SILVER or GT SILVER WITH STONE GREY LEATHER. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? I CAN'T MAKE UP MY MIND.
Scott no mo F car!!??
I'd go with GT silver, as I've had and most of everyone on this board has/or had owned an Artic.

Originally Posted by Texas911
Just go with Arctic.

GT Silver is such a rip off. Unless you're side by side with Arctic, no one will know the difference. Then the GT Silver owner will smugly say, but my paint job costs more, so I'm better. Porsche is only playing to some Porsche owners vanity of trying to be different. Seriously, save the money and get some leather bits instead.
....... (I don't agree)
besides, Scott can afford GT silver AND leather bits

Last edited by Brian Haske; 05-18-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 05-18-2007, 03:57 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
GT silver to me looks like it has more blue in it. Arctic silver looks more yellow. Gt silver looks more "wet" than Arctic as well. My director has an Arctic 997 C4s and my turbo S is GT silver, I park next to him all the time and always compare

Old 05-18-2007, 06:11 PM
E55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud ofE55AMG has much to be proud of
GT silver with Sea Blue interior - definitely not stone grey. Black, cocoa, but I think seablue would look really good.

Old 05-18-2007, 08:57 PM
Bluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud ofBluehinder has much to be proud of
I've had both, go with GT silver. Arctic looks washed out in bright sun.

No to stone grey, go with natural grey. Beautiful combo.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:07 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
GT Silver and natural grey right here!

Originally Posted by Bluehinder
I've had both, go with GT silver. Arctic looks washed out in bright sun.

No to stone grey, go with natural grey. Beautiful combo.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:11 PM
nathanc4s is on a distinguished road
color

What the heck is texas911 talking about, must be a texas thing????

Old 05-18-2007, 09:54 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Arctic looks very good on a 997TT, I've actually seen more GTS than AS TT's. Stay away, far away from light gray interiors, esp graphite( my old C4S) and stone. Get dirty easy and look washed out quickly, never again for me. I ordered midnight and sea blue int, I know alot of blue, but hey blue is my favorite color and it's my 130k!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:05 PM
20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute20C4S has a reputation beyond repute
or even Polar Silver. since u're spending extra money on a special color. why not make it even more special.

Old 05-18-2007, 10:38 PM
997TT HKG is on a distinguished road
Gt silver

Check out my GT silver
http://normanhkg.spaces.live.com/

Old 05-18-2007, 10:52 PM
eaglejackson is on a distinguished road
I was at the dealer's showroom a few weeks ago. They had two silver cars on the floor, close to each other but not directly adjacent. One was GT Silver and the other Arctic Silver. At a glance, I could not see they were different. Only on close inspection could I tell one from the other. The GT Silver no doubt is a nicer color to me -- a richer, deeper, slightly darker silver. But the difference is rather subtle. Cost / benefit? Not obvious, but to be fair, with a Turbo we're so far off the cost / benefit chart, maybe it doesn't matter.

Old 05-19-2007, 02:41 AM
gradyex will become famous soon enoughgradyex will become famous soon enough
Ive owned both Arctic Silver and GT Silver and I like Gt Silver better because its not so "aluminum" looking. GT is very metallic with violet hues (from a touch of red) in it giving it more character and taking on different shades depending on what type of light is hitting it. If your not sure and want to save $$ then go Arctic its an awesome color and #1 color for resale. Now, for the interior (I had stone gray with arctic and now have GT with black). I prefer the black myself but Arctic Silver and stone grey were meant for each other as they take on the same hues and its a classic combination. Stone and GT Silver.................noooo.................... black is much better (more contrast....sharper looking). GT and Cocoa are a great combo too. Then there is sea blue which goes with GT Silver better than Arctic. My favorite color in the whole wide world is POLAR SILVER WITH BLACK OR SEA BLUE INT! Costs close to 4k to choose Polar and the wait is longer but I saw a TT at Carlson Porsche pre sold with Polar and sea blue interior........it rocked! Unfortunately I was unable to order this color without significant delays so I opted for GT Silver/black. I would go Polar with sea blue interior, and do the seatbacks, center console, PCM, and the switch panel inner vent slats in ext color to sample, then I would carry it to the door openers and change any existing int aluminum to polar..........it would look awesome! PM me if you would like me to help you build the car........ Add a few little extra leather options and your good to go. You could also toss deviated stitching in to the interior to really jazz it up! One last thing, instead of black or sea blue you could go with Nat Grey because its almost as dark as black. I better quit now! Good luck.

Last edited by gradyex; 05-19-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 07:32 AM
Texas911 is on a distinguished road
I was half joking about the smugness of GTS owners. But I do find it hard to see the difference btw the two silvers when they are not side by side. Now Polar, I agree is different and a good contrast to AS and GTS. Didn't mean to offend anyone. I've posted this before, the TT looks good in any color combo.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:53 AM
msindi is on a distinguished road
Stone grey is a no no in my book on any exterior...I only do black or tan interiors...Blue MAYBE with polar silver (on a cab with blue top) but thats about it

my opinion and my 2 cents...

HKG - those nighttime pics of HKL skyline are AWESOME!! Any hi-res?

Old 05-19-2007, 08:40 AM
Piper is on a distinguished road
Is the GT Silver about the same as the previous Seal Grey? Didn't GT Silver replace it. Seems like Seal Grey has some of the redish/pinkish tones in some light.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: ARCTIC SILVER or GT SILVER?