997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Shifter/Handbrake w/Deviated Stitched Explained By Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 04:34 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Shifter/Handbrake w/Deviated Stitched Explained By Porsche

I received this reply from Porsche in response to my email requesting information about the various Shifters with deviating stitching. It sure clears up a lot of confusion. Hope you find it informative.

Dear Mr. Frixxxxxxxx,

We have two types of shifter and handbrakes in leather / aluminimum:
Options ECA and DAD
To get deviating stitching on the ECA type shifter / handbrake, please order option DAX.
To get deviating stitching on the DAD type shifter / handbrake, please order option DAW.
When ordering DAX or DAW, the deviating stitching has to be specified in comment text, not Z 09991.
Attached is a sheet for clarification.

Sorry, the dashboard trim strip is not available as a single option; it is only available as part of the Carbon package (803).

Best regards
Jochen Biemann

Jochen Biemann
Business Development Management
Exclusive & Tequipment
Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG
Porschestrasse 15-19
D-71634 Ludwigsburg

Porsche sent me a great picture showing this with graphics but I can't get it to load. See the following for the picture.

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=0#362587

Old 07-03-2007, 04:59 PM
lager99 is on a distinguished road
I'm more confused then ever.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:06 PM
They are exclusive shifters, so they should be covered in the exclusive options.

Old 07-03-2007, 05:07 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Dad Is What I Ordered , It Was Replace By Daw

Dad 1680.00 Versus Daw 2130.00
How About A Kiss ?

Old 07-03-2007, 05:12 PM
adybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the roughadybuncio is a jewel in the rough
Im confus!

Old 07-03-2007, 05:44 PM
imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !imcarnuts Is a GOD !
Don't shoot the messenger. I emailed Porsche for a clarification and this was their reply. Check the link for the picture and it will be clearer.
The way I interpret it is;
DAD style without dev. stitching is DAD.
DAD style without dev. stitching in color to sample is DAW
DAD style with dev. stitching is DAW with a special comment on the order.
DAD style with dev. stitching & color to sample is DAW with a special comment on the order:
09991 is not needed for dev. stitching on this option.

Old 07-03-2007, 06:22 PM
GEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of lightGEE-BEE is a glorious beacon of light
Daw = Dad With Dev Stitching , No Comment Needed...

Old 07-03-2007, 07:52 PM
OCPorsche is on a distinguished road
GEE-BEE

Do you need me to order you a 'turbo' in red? I found a picture of a white turbo with the 'turbo' emblem painted blue... looked nice but I think red will look HOT!

PS- this is Eric from the dealership

Old 07-03-2007, 08:43 PM
I wasn't logged in before so I didn't see the pics. Porsche makes that stupid, it shows it as the same shifter but stitching is available. Just a stab in the dark...but I would guess that if you orer DAW & everything else is 09991, then you shouldn't have to ask your dealer to type it in the comment line.

Sh*t like this pisses me off...

Old 07-03-2007, 08:53 PM
...and there is 3 options including DAT.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:21 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Finally this whole madness explained! This is definitely new for 2008. It was even more confusing for 2007 models I think.

Old 07-04-2007, 07:24 AM
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Is it true that code SZ is for all stitching? That would make life SOOOOO much easier.

Old 07-05-2007, 09:55 AM
I emailed my dealer about this the other night:

Yes it will have the deviated stitching on it Jason. I emailed Porsche to
make sure and they informed me it will.

Craig.

------------------------------------------------------

Craig, I just read a forum post that you should ask Porsche Canada about. A
guy from Tequipment says that with the exclusive option shifters such as my
DAT, the 09991 option is not good enough for deviated stitching, you need to
specify it in the comment text. I don't know if this was done, but let me
know.

I don't know why they don't make it simpler.

Jason

It better show up right.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:19 AM
SHAIKH has a spectacular aura aboutSHAIKH has a spectacular aura about
very confused

i have a guards red with black interior with every stitching in red. but the gearshifter didnt have that option and the dealer doesnt know anything about it.

here you mention the codes but i have the whole carbon fibre package and do you know which code i should get to get the deviated stitching as the dealer would like to know. this will really help me out thanks

Old 07-09-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by SHAIKH
i have a guards red with black interior with every stitching in red. but the gearshifter didnt have that option and the dealer doesnt know anything about it.

here you mention the codes but i have the whole carbon fibre package and do you know which code i should get to get the deviated stitching as the dealer would like to know. this will really help me out thanks
I am attempting to order the 860 (carbon package) along with any shifter/handbrake that will come with deviating stitching and the CDZ option. My dealer says they are conflicting options. I sent an email to Porsche. I will let you know the answer when I get a response. I am in Pa also. What dealer are you working with?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shifter/Handbrake w/Deviated Stitched Explained By Porsche