997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

My new tow machine and trailering setup

Old 10-13-2007, 08:43 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
My new tow machine and trailering setup

Hey everyone. I'm writing this from the paddock at VIR. My run group goes back out in about 20 minutes, so I have to type fast. Anyway, Synergy Racing (totally badass) had my car this week getting it set up, as I said in another post. I'll spare those details and my extreme elation with the whole deal for the other thread. But I towed my car here to VIR with a 4.2 Audi Q7 and a rented U-Haul open trailer. The U-Haul cut the plastic on the bottom of my car and it really pissed me off. I pulled out of the house telling my wife that I wasn't coming back like this. So, while Synergy was working on my car, I bought the truck you see here. It's a 2007 GMC Sierra SLT (loaded/leather) Crew Cab 4X4 with the Duramax diesel and Allison tranny. I bought it through a GMC dealership new, but American Luxury Coach actually had the truck finishing up some mods. So the truck had never been titled and I got all the factory rebates and stuff (incl. warranty) but got a modded truck. Killer! I even got to pick out the wheels and have them add a carbon fiber steering wheel and dash kit, which actually looks pretty good (I was worried). It has 35" Mickey Thompson mud tires on 20" chrome Bazo wheels. I really, really like it. Anyway, it's got a Fabtech 7" lift too, as well as a night vision back up hitch camera (REALLY cool), race pedals (they do look good), billet grill, dual exhaust, chrome door handles... the works. Oh, and a spray in bedliner. The trailer is a wood (not Featherlite aluminum) 24' so I can put all my tools and cabinets in it. It's black and chrome too, as you see. I love the setup, and had to show my buds on 6 speed. Rock on. If you're interested, I'll answer any questions. Also, I'll soon be posting about how Synergy has converted my car from a fast street car to... everything sounds cynical. I don't know what to say. I'll say this: I didn't know it could feel this way.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:19 AM
58spdstr has a spectacular aura about58spdstr has a spectacular aura about
Holy S*** that is a cool rig. You ARE the man!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:23 AM
porschenut911 is on a distinguished road
Sweet man!!!

Old 10-13-2007, 09:30 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Spectacular! And I can't wait to hear more about Synergy.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:39 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks everyone. I'm feelin' all racer boy now. I'll be writing on the other thread about Synergy. But I just went off in turn one (since I posted last... tire pressures climbed to 43.5 for some reason... no traction) and came in to pit and like 3 Synergy guys ran out and started asking me about everything. These guys are the real freakin' deal. And I'll tell you this, they had a crew on my car from Wednesday morning at 9am till around 9pm for three days in a row to get me here today. I picked it up last night actually around 10:30 or 11pm and they were still there on it, finishing up the clean up.

Old 10-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Mike R. is on a distinguished road
Blakt out - you are truly one sick individual! I love it! I feel soo much better about my addiction to the track after seeing this thread. Here I was kicking around getting an aluminum trailer and struggling with telling my wife that it would be sitting unused on our property for several months, when you throw up these photos of your tow machine and trailer. Nice!

Old 10-15-2007, 02:58 PM
Dude, you gotta have the trailer! After about 3 years it literally pays for itself in tires! Thanks much. Just in case any of you want them, I'll post a few more pics once I get my Mac back out of the shop. All the photos are in it. I'll say that, other than a panic stop, this truck literally didn't seam to give a rat's *** about that trailer being behind it. It's my first diesel, and it's badass. Also, the Allison tranny is incredible. I live in the mountains. It's pretty much a 6 speed tiptronic. Really. It shifts whenever you tell it to, seemingly 'no matter what'. I'm going to put the 1000HP Bully Dog kit on it too. Can't wait. I love this truck. I seriously bet I could get it to give the 911 a run for its money on a drag race (once I get it right...)

Old 10-15-2007, 04:30 PM
B-moreBroker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Mike R.
Blakt out - you are truly one sick individual! I love it! I feel soo much better about my addiction to the track after seeing this thread. Here I was kicking around getting an aluminum trailer and struggling with telling my wife that it would be sitting unused on our property for several months, when you throw up these photos of your tow machine and trailer. Nice!
Get a featherlite trailer!!! Here's my setup...

Blacked Out how is that GT3 suspension with the PSS9's and the roll bar??? That's my next move...

Old 10-15-2007, 04:39 PM
Bmore,

The car is so different. You'd never believe me. Granted, I now have some MAJOR camber, but the speed difference through corners, especially esses, is amazing. I went up 10mph (YES, 10MPH) through the climbing esses at VIR with the mods and camber/toe adjustments. Amazing. And downhill through the Rollercoaster and Hogpen, the rear was... well, it rotated when I lifted, and freakin' planted when I throttled... perfect. I'm addicted now even more. The car feels insane. I don't know if it was the mods themselves or the expert setup Synergy Racing brought to the table though. Everything's adjustable. So I'm sure results will vary. Know what I mean? They installed this stuff in about a half day. Then, they worked for two and a half more on tweaking it. That's where the knowledge comes in.

Your rig looks sweet. I love seeing Cayenne's used as tow vehicles. And you've got those sweet TSW wheels! I almost put those on my Touareg V8. So good looking.

On another note, just about everyone there with a P-car is on Rennlist instead of 6speed. They say that we aren't real track car guys. I just want to say that I think that's BS. mdrums, bmore, 58speedster, Luis, and so many more. We have the real deal here too!

Old 10-15-2007, 05:47 PM
B-moreBroker is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by blakt out
Bmore,

On another note, just about everyone there with a P-car is on Rennlist instead of 6speed. They say that we aren't real track car guys. I just want to say that I think that's BS. mdrums, bmore, 58speedster, Luis, and so many more. We have the real deal here too!
haha you are so right... we should have a 6speed vs. Rennlist track battle and see who comes out on top!

Old 10-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Paris_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the roughParis_CarreraS is a jewel in the rough
Thumbs up

I love big trucks!!!!
I had a Dodge Ram 2500 with 22"

Old 10-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Mike R. is on a distinguished road
Blakt out - I'd definitely like to see some more photos of your truck / trailer set-up.
Re: the 6speed v. Rennlist topic: I find the latter group to take themselves a little too seriously. There are plenty of 6speeders who track their p-cars and have a tremendous amount of fun. I like the lack of track one-upmanship here.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by Mike R.
Blakt out - I'd definitely like to see some more photos of your truck / trailer set-up.
Re: the 6speed v. Rennlist topic: I find the latter group to take themselves a little too seriously. There are plenty of 6speeders who track their p-cars and have a tremendous amount of fun. I like the lack of track one-upmanship here.
Word (while I do have a good amount of Rennlist buddies on the track and think they're just as cool as anyone).

Here's a few more pics of the rig...

This is while it was still on the rig from the mod shop.

Here's one of it with the trailer. I bought them both the same day and had them delivered to the dealership in Greensboro.

Here's one from the paddock on Saturday.

And one of the inside... Joe with American Luxury Customs threw in the pedals as a surprise, which I thought was cool. I also added the carbon look steering wheel and dash stuffs. I like it. The hood is literally at my eye level, and I'm 5'10".

That's all I've snapped of it thus far.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:42 PM
tsmithmdtx is an unknown quantity at this point
That is one sweet setup.

Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
The rig looks great - now you need to start spending some time over at http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new tow machine and trailering setup